Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #31
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broners Dad admits Ricky Burns is the champion at lightweight, dismisses Demarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
I will spare the world of the sight, that will be one for my personal scrapbook.
Bill youwillneed to grow a pair first eh?
All you seem to post are negative things about fighters,coaches ect!
Do you actually like boxing?
billy nelson is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #32
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81
Default Re: Broners Dad admits Ricky Burns is the champion at lightweight, dismisses Demarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Bill youwillneed to grow a pair first eh?
All you seem to post are negative things about fighters,coaches ect!
Do you actually like boxing?
Of course I do, I like Burns as a matter of fact, his promoter? err not so much.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #33
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Broner is good but people make out he is the second coming or something. I give Burns maybe a 25%chance to win over there.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #34
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

I have watched Broner's last few fights now, and actually rewatched the DeMarco fight yesterday; I have to say that whilst he is undoubtedly good I don't quite see what all the fuss is about..........yet.

If someone is going to imitate another boxer they could do far worse than Mayweather, but someone would have to be very special to emulate his style and make a success of it.

Broner clearly bases his style on Mayweather, I see no problem with this, but I just don't think he has shown us enough yet to assume he is the next big thing.

Watching the DeMarco fight did not give me any reason to think Burns cannot beat him.

I'm not saying Burns will beat him if they meet, although I am with him at the moment, but whatever hapens I really do not think it is the foregone conclusion that many will have us believe either.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #35
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Rape is a very inappropriate word and totally uncalled for,but to be fair it shows you how much of a knob you really are.
Ricky WILL beat him
You're right, I should have added no homo to it.

He won't. Broner would pick him apart with ease.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #36
sikeside
Contender
ESB Senior Member

this sites goin downhill
sikeside is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #37
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

"Ricky Burns, we comin for you, cos we know you the world champion"

Yeah Ricky, "we're coming for you" but we're not fighting you "over there"
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #38
rossco666
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
I have watched Broner's last few fights now, and actually rewatched the DeMarco fight yesterday; I have to say that whilst he is undoubtedly good I don't quite see what all the fuss is about..........yet.

If someone is going to imitate another boxer they could do far worse than Mayweather, but someone would have to be very special to emulate his style and make a success of it.

Broner clearly bases his style on Mayweather, I see no problem with this, but I just don't think he has shown us enough yet to assume he is the next big thing.

Watching the DeMarco fight did not give me any reason to think Burns cannot beat him.

I'm not saying Burns will beat him if they meet, although I am with him at the moment, but whatever hapens I really do not think it is the foregone conclusion that many will have us believe either.
good post.

Burns has the tools and ring smarts to beat Broner. Broner looks awsome only if you let him, i mean if if you fight at his range. Broner's fast, flashy and quite hard to hit but thats all within his range, his footwork's average, his mobility around the ring is shit. Burns has the bigger reach and superior footwork so he should use those tools to his advantage imo. Broner's also not really that hard to hit giving his 'the new mayweather' tag. If Burns fights like Demarco did then he'll probably get chopped up just like Demarco but if he's smart and keeps it long with a high work rate then he makes it very interesting. If this fights made it will be a great stylistic match-up, plus both are very tough dudes. ****ing great fight imo.

The people on here who think Broner rapes Burns are boxing retards. Burns is far too smart to let that shit happen, there is no way in hell Broner does a Demarco on Ricky Burns! 50/50 fight!
rossco666 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #39
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Nothing changes does it?

I said it before, I'll say it again, Burns-Broner? Broner: Easy work.

The Ricky Burns fanclub swore blind that Broner is nout special and that Burns will smash Broner. But most of them also claimed that De Marco was no easy fight, and no forgone conclusion.

I predicted easy work, and got hounded for it as usual....and I was still wrong, it was EASIER than even I thought it would be!

The Burns fanclub havent got a lot to cling onto now, they are loosing it one by one. Broner then schools De Marco....."Broner is still shit" etc etc

Broner has the WBC strapped around his waist, and he has the perfect politics surrounding him. This fight happens in America, it is a Vegas fight. It aint got shit all to do with Broner coming over here, at the end of the day, the WBC is a more prestigious and important belt than the strap Ricky has got.

If the fight happens, it should happen in America. For lots of reasons already provided, the main one being, this is prizefighting, and this is where the money is.

So Burns fanclub, PLEASE stop clinging onto the, "Broner wont come here" crap, its desperate. He doesnt come here, because the fight shouldnt be here and deep down you all know it.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #40
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Exactly.

Broner is the star, he's the man.

The fight happens in vegas and Burns is just the opponent.

All the stars will be there, brad Pitt, jack Nicholson, LeBron, Angelina Jolie

And all those stars will be there for Broner, cheering for Broner, chanting knock him out
And broner will deliver.
Dai is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #41
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
Exactly.

Broner is the star, he's the man.

The fight happens in vegas and Burns is just the opponent.

All the stars will be there, brad Pitt, jack Nicholson, LeBron, Angelina Jolie

And all those stars will be there for Broner, cheering for Broner, chanting knock him out
And broner will deliver.
That will be good then they can all watch a real star in the making in Ricky Burns when he hands Broner is assafter a hard fight of coarse!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #42
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Nothing changes does it?

I said it before, I'll say it again, Burns-Broner? Broner: Easy work.

The Ricky Burns fanclub swore blind that Broner is nout special and that Burns will smash Broner. But most of them also claimed that De Marco was no easy fight, and no forgone conclusion.

I predicted easy work, and got hounded for it as usual....and I was still wrong, it was EASIER than even I thought it would be!

The Burns fanclub havent got a lot to cling onto now, they are loosing it one by one. Broner then schools De Marco....."Broner is still shit" etc etc

Broner has the WBC strapped around his waist, and he has the perfect politics surrounding him. This fight happens in America, it is a Vegas fight. It aint got shit all to do with Broner coming over here, at the end of the day, the WBC is a more prestigious and important belt than the strap Ricky has got.

If the fight happens, it should happen in America. For lots of reasons already provided, the main one being, this is prizefighting, and this is where the money is.

So Burns fanclub, PLEASE stop clinging onto the, "Broner wont come here" crap, its desperate. He doesnt come here, because the fight shouldnt be here and deep down you all know it.
Craney YOUR a NUTJOB!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:37 AM   #43
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If Ricky's Burns beats Broner, I will leave the forum for 90 days
Dai is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 06:07 AM   #44
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
If Ricky's Burns beats Broner, I will leave the forum for 90 days
What about for ever lol
Old 12-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #45
madpuppy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing79 View Post
So tell me why it happens it America then ?? The promised land of ****all but hometown descicions and shite crowds the only thing that rules american boxing is corrupt promotors money , Peterson-Khan and Pac-Marquez covers that, British Arenas pack in crowds twice as large adn twice as vocal ,im sure billy will confirm the Burns-Mitchell atmosphere was electric only better atmosphere ive ever been in was a ricky hatton fight , Yanks always get caught up in there own hype like the baddest man on the planet Jeff Lacey ,wered he go after he got his ass handed to him and sent back on a plane home ??? Knowing ricky and billy theyl come up with the goods that Broner just cant handle , The pace Ricky can set would have Broners heart bursting out his chest so America Take Note !!!!
Officiating in the UK is far dodgier that in the US. If Burns is as good as you think, he should have no problem going to Vegas to fight Broner.
madpuppy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum