easy 59 48.36%
not easy 63 51.64%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #61
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Would Matthysse be a difficult fight for Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auracle21 View Post
Mathysse is young and younger and you can bash Mayweather all you want but he is much better than Lucas.
I agree in floyd being more skilled,far Better?That's a bad joke.We won't ever find out cause floyd doesn't fight threats.
Box702 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #62
Auracle21
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 14814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box702 View Post
I agree in floyd being more skilled,far Better?That's a bad joke.We won't ever find out cause floyd doesn't fight threats.
Ofcourse he is far bette.r what does mathysse bring to the table this late in floyd's career? Not much. He has lost already, he is a plodder, and he has no general appeal for casual boxing fans.
Auracle21 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #63
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

The problem is that Matthysse doesn't have a 10-20 lb weight advantage to overcome the enormous gulf in skills.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #64
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Ofcourse he is far bette.r what does mathysse bring to the table this late in floyd's career? Not much. He has lost already, he is a plodder, and he has no general appeal for casual boxing fans.
Listen to yourself,as a fromer floyd fan i wasn't ever this delusional.I recognize his skill but nobody is unbeatable you act like he's some unhittable God .He's lost?To whom?Split dec in devon/judah backyard? Please Devon said after fight was hardest he's ever been hit in he's now at 147lb, Judah was pist after fight for all minor different injuries he had nagging him weeks after the fight someone of his team reached out to Lucas & said he's clearly won it's just boxing politics.Judah also said whoever thinks about fighting Lucas should think twice,his friend floyd listened to advice good for him.
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #65
Auracle21
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box702 View Post
Listen to yourself,as a fromer floyd fan i wasn't ever this delusional.I recognize his skill but nobody is unbeatable you act like he's some unhittable God .He's lost?To whom?Split dec in devon/judah backyard? Please Devon said after fight was hardest he's ever been hit in he's now at 147lb, Judah was pist after fight for all minor different injuries he had nagging him weeks after the fight someone of his team reached out to Lucas & said he's clearly won it's just boxing politics.Judah also said whoever thinks about fighting Lucas should think twice,his friend floyd listened to advice good for him.
of course he is beatable. I just dont think Mathysse would come close at all. Floyd is in another league.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #66
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

Floyd would get that ass whooped trust me Castillo 1 remember???!! those body shots is the key and who's the best body puncher in the game Matthysse
box4life11 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #67
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
of course he is beatable. I just dont think Mathysse would come close at all. Floyd is in another league.
Dude stop defending Floyd how do you know how good he is when he don't fight nobody worth a damn at the current time ?
Old 01-01-2013, 03:52 AM   #68
Auracle21
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by box4life11 View Post
Dude stop defending Floyd how do you know how good he is when he don't fight nobody worth a damn at the current time ?
ehhh. He has reached a high level. What does he gain in fighting Mathysse? I am not a Floyd fan but I do realize it is a business. When you get hit in the face for a livnig you want to put yourself in the best financial position. I understand it is hard for the casual fan to see that.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:09 AM   #69
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
ehhh. He has reached a high level. What does he gain in fighting Mathysse? I am not a Floyd fan but I do realize it is a business. When you get hit in the face for a livnig you want to put yourself in the best financial position. I understand it is hard for the casual fan to see that.
My question is how can you say for sure he beats Lucas easy when he never fights anybody unless there coming off recent losses or bad performances
Old 01-01-2013, 04:11 AM   #70
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He wasent fighting shit 5 years ago truth be told.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #71
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Floyd want fight any of the top dogs at 140 -147- or 154 unless they have recently looked vulnerable period.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #72
Auracle21
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
My question is how can you say for sure he beats Lucas easy when he never fights anybody unless there coming off recent losses or bad performances
Hindisght is 20/20. Hatton was undefeated. as was Corrales. Hernandez was very good. even recently DLH was a very good 154 pounder and Mayweather NEVER fought at that weight but was quite consummate in beating him. Mosley rocked Margacheato but Mayweather beat him easily. My point is that peoplr will always hate But he has reached a great level. I agree that he wont be at the level (in terms of competition) that the great fighters in the 80's and 90's reached but people personify Mayweather as a villain and he can never do any right. I just say appreciate his amazing ring ability for what it is and leave it at that. He is truly something special.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #73
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Hindisght is 20/20. Hatton was undefeated. as was Corrales. Hernandez was very good. even recently DLH was a very good 154 pounder and Mayweather NEVER fought at that weight but was quite consummate in beating him. Mosley rocked Margacheato but Mayweather beat him easily. My point is that peoplr will always hate But he has reached a great level. I agree that he wont be at the level (in terms of competition) that the great fighters in the 80's and 90's reached but people personify Mayweather as a villain and he can never do any right. I just say appreciate his amazing ring ability for what it is and leave it at that. He is truly something special.
You say your not a fan but you defend someone that hasent done shit since lightweight..

Hatton was coming of a gift win to two guys soon before Mayweather fought him.

Margarito was shot after PACman then mosley fought him.

Mosley was almost 40 and looked like shit against Ricardo and lost to cotto right before margarito fight.

Please don't let Floyd fool you poor guy.

Last edited by box4life11; 01-01-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #74
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Why won't floyd fight Canelo next instead of Robert ? It makes more since to do it in may with canelo then in September From a financial position like you stated?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #75
Auracle21
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You say your not a fan but you defend someone that hasent done shit since lightweight..

Hatton was coming of a gift win to two guys soon before Mayweather fought him.

Margarito was shot after PACman then mosley fought him.

Mosley was almost 40 and looked like shit against Ricardo and lost to cotto right before margarito fight.

Please don't let Floyd fool you poor guy.
You just seem to be biased. Many thought Mosley could beat Mayweather coming off that margacheato win. Hatton was undefeated and had recently destroyed JLC. You can put a negative spin on any fight. bottom line is that he is still the world's best boxer. He is using boxing to make money which is fine by me cause I figured out along time ago that he wouldn't be in that warrior type status but watching him fight is pretty amazing. I still think that a maywather caneo fight may happen but he needs a tune up first. It will have been one year since his last fight if he fights in May. but like I said you will just hate so its coo.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum