Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Exclamation Who ye got? Marquez vs. Pacquiao?

Hard fight to predict IMO, even though we have had 3 previous fights between the 2.

I have been watching 24/7, and Pacquiao's prep and lack of dedication now to Boxing sticks out like a sore thumb to me, Marquez's prep vs Pacquiao's prep, has been like chalk and cheese, Marquez is in the shape of his life and is working very hard. Pacquiao seems to me like "Meh! Another fight...." and not interested.

Im sure the many people who think Manny has NEVER beat Marquez, will be predicting another Marquez "victory" whether he gets it, or gets robbed again (I really cant see that happening again, surely not?)

Marquez clearly won the 3rd fight IMO.

I have many ideas of the possibilities on the fourth fights outcome, but for me, there are so many variables, and maybe to many for me to put my neck on the line with a solid prediction.

If all went to plan, my head tells me Marquez, simply because of the skills, having Pacquiao's number, and putting in the hard work in the gym.

Whereas, Pacquiao has been disappointing in the last few fights, coinciding with his change of lifestyle and political runs, he doesnt have Marquez's number, and he has not worked as hard as Marquez in the gym. At all. Plus add to the fact Freddie Roach's obvious decline in health and his fighter loss streak in recent fights.

So being as a neutral and not a fanboy of either, I have to go with my head. And my head is telling me Marquez wins this fight. I dont think anybody will look foolish wrongly predicting this fight, its probably as hard as they come to be honest.

My prediction: Marquez SD

My 2 hunches: A draw, Pacquiao KO.

But what I will add finally, is that I dont think it will be over when the final bell rings. I really dont. I smell something fishy, but this time, it will be in Marquez's corner.
craney91 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
critix
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Who ye got? Marquez vs. Pacquiao?

I feel Pacman may knock Marquez out or it will go the distance and Marquez WILL win this time..
critix is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Marquez will win yet again.

This time he might get the nod.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Marquez to win for me, Can't see him straying to far from gameplan and can't see Manny being able to sustain the pressure Roach talks of. Manny's legs aren't the same there wearing down and he's not the same raw fighter.

Think Marquez will just continue to box off back foot and cause Manny to fall out of position and counter. Use Manny's lack of balance and ability to gauge range against him..

I got a feeling he may hurt Manny at some point with a counter. Just thing he may look to add a little sauce on those shots.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

.....Should of added a poll, but oh well. My bad.

Im seeing most going with Marquez TBH. And quite right to, he won the 3rd fight convincingly IMO. But we have seen in previous fights, Manny has dropped Marquez a few times.

Your a brave human if you stick money on this fight, I tell thee!
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
fortysixando
Contender
ESB Senior Member

really hope marquez wins and i hope he robs him as well
fortysixando is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Worryingly from Pac's point of view, whilst he looked better against Bradley, he didn't look sufficiently better, considering the shift in his favour in terms of the stylistic matchup compared to against Marquez.

I think that Marquez just has his number, and to be honest Manny did well to make the first two fights as close as they were.

The 3rd was terribly one-sided. The 4th will follow similar lines I fear.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Who cares..?

Its the most overrated boxing rivalry in the past 20 years.

I would laugh in JMM beat PACMAN.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #9
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Worryingly from Pac's point of view, whilst he looked better against Bradley, he didn't look sufficiently better, considering the shift in his favour in terms of the stylistic matchup compared to against Marquez.

I think that Marquez just has his number, and to be honest Manny did well to make the first two fights as close as they were.

I see a close fight again as usual, with Marquez getting the W.

But we all know one punch changes a fight, and Manny does have it.

He has had Marquez down before a few times, but Marquez always came back. I just think Marquez knows Pacquiao inside and out, literally. He knows the inside game and the outside game. And there were times in the 3rd fight where Pacquiao looked clueless because Marquez kept switching it up, and it was confusing.

One thing is for sure, if Manny is to win this fight, IMO, he has to KO Marquez out for good....but I can see a Marquez SD or even another draw more likely than Pacquiao knocking Marquez out cold.

Sticking money on this fight is mad, I'm not a betting man, but I feel sorry for those that are. A lot of money will be made, but equally a lot is going to be lost.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post

i can't word it any better than that ^^
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

I think Marquez has his number too and hopefully will get the decision if he deserves it this time. Looking at the 24/7 and some training footage suggests Nacho and Marquez have been working on being more explosive with the counter punches.

It will be dangerous if they are over aggressive against Pacquiao but if they stick to what they've been doing I think Manny could get busted up around the eyes by the latter rounds.

It's difficult to predict a stoppage loss for Pacquiao given his chin is solid but my gut says he could get stopped on cuts this time.

Unlike PK, I love watching these two fight!
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #12
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Who cares..?

Agreed. Sick of this rivalry now. Marquez has beaten Pacquiao at least 2 times in my opinion if not all 3. If they try to make a 5th fight afterwards then FFS I give up.

It will be extremely tight yet again, only this Marquez will get the nod. And hopefully we'll never have to see them fight again.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Agreed. Sick of this rivalry now. Marquez has beaten Pacquiao at least 2 times in my opinion if not all 3. If they try to make a 5th fight afterwards then FFS I give up.

It will be extremely tight yet again, only this Marquez will get the nod. And hopefully we'll never have to see them fight again.

what is this ??....this is top level, extremely watchable and skillful boxing....and you're sick of it ??

if they fight 3 more times and it's anything like the last three fights, then we the viewers are very lucky.
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #14
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Who cares..?

This, couldnt care less to be honest.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #15
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

My only worries are that Marquez was such an underdog last time,and even fans like myself weren't confident,and now he will be quite heavily backed,so I'm not sure what effect that will have on things.
I also think Juanma has to make sure this time,and that could lead to him moving away from his natural gameplan,which has always been the stuff of Freddie's nightmares,so I hope this doesn't affect his strategy negatively.
I'm still going for Juanma to leave us in no doubt this time.(Again!)
PityTheFool is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum