Old 12-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #61
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: I like Barrera, BUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Divac, I've missed you man. It's not good enough for you to simply give JMM credit for defeating the fighters he actually beat, you go that step further and accuse everyone who didn't sign to fight him as being afraid. It's hilarious. Trust me, nobody at 126lbs was losing sleep at the thought of stepping in the ring with the man who lost to Freddie Norwood.
Addie, welcome back.
We dont always agree, especially about MAB, but you do provide good insight to this forum thats sadly has been lacking.
Maybe me and you should stay out of eachothers way when it comes to the topic of the mini-fab four.

You made the Norwood comment right now, I can dig right back but wont, you have'nt been able to take it in the past, but I know you're good for the forum.
Keep posting!

Last edited by divac; 12-07-2012 at 05:15 AM.
divac is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #62
RazorHandz
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1194

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarcia805 View Post
MAN, tha way he fought against Pacquiao leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Anyone else feel the.same?? Pacquiao steamrolled MAB, then in the rematch Barrera mostly ran, fought scared and looked to just show up for a payday. SureLy ATG with wins over Hamed, Morales 2x, 3 division champ, just thought he had a REAL bad showing that fight. Shoulda went out guns blazing. JMM/MORALES both hold wins over Pac, while MAB was not competitive, I feel Morales/JMM on another level than Barrera
Is that why post-prime Barrera dropped prime JMM and unofficially won the fight?
RazorHandz is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #63
JM22
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
Barrera > Morales.
No.
JM22 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #64
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
If you did'nt live the era as a boxing fan, I cant help you.
Its common knowleadge that the top fighters at featherweight avoided Marquez.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I lived in that era ..Come on now ..And didn't HBO report the same thing about Paul Williams and Antonio Margarito at one point ..I mean I highly doubt Morales and Barrera were afraid of Marquez .

And its Max Kellerman talking about how Morales relentlessly ducked the likes of Marquez of all people ..Honestly who really believes that ..Marquez was not doing himself any favors with his wins and losses .
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #65
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Addie, welcome back.
We dont always agree, especially about MAB, but you do provide good insight to this forum thats sadly has been lacking.
Maybe me and you should stay out of eachothers way when it comes to the topic of the mini-fab four.

You made the Norwood comment right now, I can dig right back but wont, you have'nt been able to take it in the past, but I know you're good for the forum.
Keep posting!
That's fair enough, Divac.

JMM is one hell of a fighter, and he's built himself an accomplished resume over these last 4-5 years, but I genuinely believe the only reason fighters might have "avoided" fighting him over the years was because it didn't make business-sense. JMM hasn't always been a showier name in World Boxing.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #66
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarcia805 View Post
MAN, tha way he fought against Pacquiao leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Anyone else feel the.same?? Pacquiao steamrolled MAB, then in the rematch Barrera mostly ran, fought scared and looked to just show up for a payday. SureLy ATG with wins over Hamed, Morales 2x, 3 division champ, just thought he had a REAL bad showing that fight. Shoulda went out guns blazing. JMM/MORALES both hold wins over Pac, while MAB was not competitive, I feel Morales/JMM on another level than Barrera

you are correct
bronx is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #67
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx View Post
you are correct
I was at a function where MAB admitted that no matter what he tried,Pac was just a stylistic nightmare for him and he just couldn't work him out.
I think the suggestion that he never tried is too strong,and it's quite refreshing to hear that sort of honesty with no blame attributed to anyone else.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #68
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I was at a function where MAB admitted that no matter what he tried,Pac was just a stylistic nightmare for him and he just couldn't work him out.
I think the suggestion that he never tried is too strong,and it's quite refreshing to hear that sort of honesty with no blame attributed to anyone else.

At least he owned up to it ..
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #69
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
That's fair enough, Divac.

JMM is one hell of a fighter, and he's built himself an accomplished resume over these last 4-5 years, but I genuinely believe the only reason fighters might have "avoided" fighting him over the years was because it didn't make business-sense. JMM hasn't always been a showier name in World Boxing.
JMM, Morales, and MAB, rate those 3 in order?

I seem to remember before Marquez' 3rd fight with Pacquiao you saying that if Marquez was even as much competitive against Pacquiao, you'd rate him over MAB?
Though onofficially and I believe even on your card it turns out Marquez won the fight?

I'm mess'in with you Addie, you dont have to answer that!
I will set Imperial straight though on a comment he made, just dont lose your temper now!
divac is online now  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #70
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
JMM, Morales, and MAB, rate those 3 in order?

I seem to remember before Marquez' 3rd fight with Pacquiao you saying that if Marquez was even as much competitive against Pacquiao, you'd rate him over MAB?
Though onofficially and I believe even on your card it turns out Marquez won the fight?

I'm mess'in with you Addie, you dont have to answer that!
I will set Imperial straight though on a comment he made, just dont lose your temper now!
I'm fairly confident in saying that I never said those exact words. It's more likely to have been something along the lines of, "If Marquez gives Pacquiao a good fight then I'd have no arguments with people rating him above Barrera". And yes, JMM won the fight on my card. He actually won the second on my card too. I don't think I've ever been guilty of judging JMM unfairly, Divac.

To answer your question, I consider MAB to have been the greatest of the three, but with the other two being so close to him that I have no arguments with them being put in any order. I'm not as dismissive as I used to be in this particular discussion. They are all world class fighters who have all seen off elite opposition a number of times.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #71
jyuza
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Down five times in the first Pacquiao fight. And was in survival mode for the most part in the rematch. Only punch MAB landed in their second fight was when the referee came in to break around the 8th round.
jyuza is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #72
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyuza View Post
Down five times in the first Pacquiao fight. And was in survival mode for the most part in the rematch. Only punch MAB landed in their second fight was when the referee came in to break around the 8th round.
The last part of your sentence is almost certainly false. I could prove this in a number of ways, but I don't think you're being all that serious so why bother?
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #73
jyuza
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
The last part of your sentence is almost certainly false. I could prove this in a number of ways, but I don't think you're being all that serious so why bother?
My bad, I checked and it appears it was in the eleventh round. Sorry for the mistake.
jyuza is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #74
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyuza View Post
My bad, I checked and it appears it was in the eleventh round. Sorry for the mistake.
Let's not kid ourselves, Jyuza.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #75
jyuza
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Let's not kid ourselves, Jyuza.
Come on man, why so serious? Just kidding!
Doesn't change the fact that Barrera got his ass kicked though.
jyuza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum