Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #331
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Didn't fancy starting a new thread for it and since everybody in here talks random bollocks anyway - a member off here that I've been doing his nutrition/conditioning work for had his first bout tonight and won. Had himself ~500g of carbs yesterday and didn't have to drain himself to make the weight. Didn't have him running either.
When you say you didn't have him running do you mean long distances or sprints as well? What was his base fitness like before training for the fight?
dealt_with is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #332
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:07 AM   #333
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
When you say you didn't have him running do you mean long distances or sprints as well? What was his base fitness like before training for the fight?
Non at all, all of it was high intensity interval work on a bike. I'll be throwing sprints in at some point in the future but he really needs to focus on other physical components before I have him do sprints too, due to how demanding they are over other interval work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglosaxon View Post
My buddy in Canada raved about D=Aspartic acid, I read the reviews too, but never tried it, heard very good things, what is it you dislike about it?

I was going to combine that and L-agimine
It raises test by an insignificant amount, nowhere near enough to effect hypertrophy. Instead of arginine, buy bonded citruline malate 2:1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigseventy View Post
Nice one, film the fight?
Fancy doing me a bulk diet plan ha. Your right there's too much bollocks in this thread nowadays so I'm mostly sticking to smalls' thread now.
I'd imagine it was filmed, I'll leave it up to him to post it though if he would like to.

If you want some diet help then yeah, feel free to PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichuchu View Post
Good about that bout.
I hope you charged him a good price!
My pricing is reasonable, I'm only young and have a shit-tonne to learn so I just like to be compensated for the time that working with somebody consumes rather than make any real money out of things

Last edited by Jdsm; 12-06-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 03:34 AM   #334
Anglosaxon
FASTEST HANDS ON ESB
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post

It raises test by an insignificant amount, nowhere near enough to effect hypertrophy. Instead of arginine, buy bonded citruline malate 2:1.

I will look into it.

Lefty, you really are dim, this whole thread is based on experiences and supplement use and reviews You're on the verge of becoming the new Uncle Roger, too insignificant to even batter daily.

I dropped 8 lbs in 3 days... but I notice I lost some bicep size, one of my short sleeve shirts, I couldn't take it off myself as it got stuck on my arms, today, I pulled it off with a slight struggle, but alone...rather depressing!
Anglosaxon is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #335
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

Really pushing my squats lately, I'm doing them heavier and twice a week, just wondering if there's any disadvantages to using foam to make it more comfortable as I get pretty sore and bad bar marks. I know it might be looked upon as me being a ***** but that's fine.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #336
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
Really pushing my squats lately, I'm doing them heavier and twice a week, just wondering if there's any disadvantages to using foam to make it more comfortable as I get pretty sore and bad bar marks. I know it might be looked upon as me being a ***** but that's fine.
Look at your bar positioning first before reaching for the bar pad. A lot of the guys I know who had issues like that just had the bar too high/too low or had their hands in the wrong position.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #337
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Look at your bar positioning first before reaching for the bar pad. A lot of the guys I know who had issues like that just had the bar too high/too low or had their hands in the wrong position.
This.

There's also the issue of technique. The foam moves the position of the bar on your back. For example if you're used to doing low bar squats the pad may put the bar in a high position which will affect the lift. Not a huge difference, just something to be aware of.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #338
cutthroat22

Cheers, I have a squat pic on my comp, I'll post it and see what you think. It's likely something's slightly out, I've been looking at my form on most things lately and had to make a few small changes here and there.

Click the image
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 12-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #339
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Squatting in the dead lift area, the new curling in the squat rack lmao.

People are starting to notice that I actually lift, so irrelevant in life but it is encouraging and these little things help

Think I wanna change my routine up though, getting too predictable, like I'm just going through the motions. What's everyone's favourite routine for hypertrophy?
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #340
cutthroat22

Ha, that's where the squat rack is, I don't move it there.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #341
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

hard to tell on the pic but the fault is IMO that the bar is usually too high you cant really have it to low lol

It has to rack on you r back and not near the neck if that helps
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #342
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I squat high bar (high on the traps). Depends how you're going to squat really.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #343
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglosaxon View Post
I will look into it.

Lefty, you really are dim, this whole thread is based on experiences and supplement use and reviews You're on the verge of becoming the new Uncle Roger, too insignificant to even batter daily.

I dropped 8 lbs in 3 days... but I notice I lost some bicep size, one of my short sleeve shirts, I couldn't take it off myself as it got stuck on my arms, today, I pulled it off with a slight struggle, but alone...rather depressing!
you are a tasteless manlet

do you remember how you pussied out of a fight with me and my gang?
pathetic

but what could I expect from a cowardly manlet such as yourself?
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:58 AM   #344
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
My pricing is reasonable, I'm only young and have a shit-tonne to learn so I just like to be compensated for the time that working with somebody consumes rather than make any real money out of things
cool. How old are you and are you still studying? (i remember you mentioning you started uni so quit boxing)
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #345
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichuchu View Post
cool. How old are you and are you still studying? (i remember you mentioning you started uni so quit boxing)
I didn't quit because I started uni mate, I was still boxing whilst there, but the hours and workload has just increased a lot this year. I've been doing a lot of out of timetable work too, since my uni has a lot of awesome facilities that other unis either don't have or don't let their students touch.
Jdsm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing