Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #166
Seckah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez IV live streaming weigh-in @ 5:30pm EST

Looks like Pac head gets bigger and bigger lol can't wait for the fight
Seckah is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #167
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez IV live streaming weigh-in @ 5:30pm EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seckah View Post
Marquez looks like he is in the best shape of his life. I would of liked to see Pac around 144 but it looks like he actually skinner than 147 for sure.
His beard and ridiculous hair weighs 3 pounds already.
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #168
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Marquez has much bigger traps and looks like he's lifting some heavy duty weights for his small size.
btw I thought overdoing your obliques was counterproductive? widens your waist size for a bigger target
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #169
dlts20
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Nacho was looking like me. When they did the closeup shot, that scale looked like it was closer to 150. He immediatly turns to the guy next to him and whispers to him. You could tell its about the weight. Then he goes back up to check the scale and still looks perplexed when the camera cuts away. I dont think he feels that Pac was at the listed weight
dlts20 is online now  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #170
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker View Post
the important thing is they made the weight....
The potentially significant thing (not to overanalyze ) is that Marquez didn't even try to approach the 147 ceiling. 4 pounds under the limit, only one heavier than last time. It's also only three more than against Fedchenko, less than half the jump seven would've been.

Marquez most certainly incorporated strength training into his regimen - he always does, and you could tell by looking at him even without knowing that - but he's truly not of the mind that bulky mass gets the job done. He's cut up, robust and toned - but not huge. He's obviously aiming to preserve his same quickness and sharpness and unrestricted freedom of movement that he had this past April, and last November, and the little bit on display last July. He's now built himself up into a full-fledged light welterweight (and probably would've made that limit easily and gladly if this contest had called for it) unlike the bloated mess he was against Mayweather when he tried to fast-track it and went about it the wrong way.

Also, Pac - same career-high as against Bradley. No matter how you scored it, you can't say he looked too hot that night carrying that bit of pudge...
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #171
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 92328

Pac's body looks lean and explosive. The type of body built for boxing. While JMM looks more muscular, it is actually not really built to be most effective for boxing. However if JMM's conditioning is great and his boxing IQ should be a great fight.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #172
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

JMM will lose to Gods son tomorrow night!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #173
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
or we will have to deal with a 2-month ban on ESB.
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #174
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlts20 View Post
Nacho was looking like me. When they did the closeup shot, that scale looked like it was closer to 150. He immediatly turns to the guy next to him and whispers to him. You could tell its about the weight. Then he goes back up to check the scale and still looks perplexed when the camera cuts away. I dont think he feels that Pac was at the listed weight
Yep, looked like Nacho had concerns
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #175
Sandokan32
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
You know? I noticed that too... For a moment I thought Pac was over the limit!!!
If just by looking at him, you wouldn´t think he´s overweight.
Sandokan32 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #176
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
Andre Ward vs. Juan Manuel Marquez, catchweight of 156... (equal distance between 143 and 168...)

Technical masterpiece, ending in a unanimous draw.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #177
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

We have a controversy with Pacs weight? anyone has playback?
chimba is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #178
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 18000

Quote:
Without starting conspiracy theories, I noticed that too. Observant trainer doing his job
Collie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #179
PaoloMirani
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Here's some GOOD pictures, unlike that amateur IB.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Pac got nicer traps....jmm abs. No homo.....
PaoloMirani is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #180
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 92328

Pac's body looks like he is indeed going for a kO. Much leaner than last fight with Bradley. My only guess of why Marquez choose to put some much weight with his arms is that he will be focusing on countering again and fighting on the backfoot. Heavier shots from his heavy arms even without stepping in to punch. Otherwise i just can't understand why he choose to put some much muscle on his arms.
tliang1000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum