Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #61
rapscalion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: JMM143 Pac147 This is why weight div!

Looks like Marquez is the one who bulked up....which because of this I heard there were rumors of him being on steroids. I highly doubt he is, I bet he just bulked up the natural way. I don't know if that was a smart move on his part though.
rapscalion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #62
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

JMM has always been a little thin in the brains department actually.

He fought Jiohn in an indonesian parking lot for 30 thousand dollars, so anything would not surprise me at all.

He could have come at 147 if he wanted without sweating it out but he chose to come at 143 then dehydrate to 150. Why? What's his point? Why not do it comfortably at 145, or 146, or 147 at weigh-in and so we don't end up with Diva bitching about it?

Was he still thinking he is fighting Fraudy and the limit is 144?
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 04:20 AM   #63
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 450

Weight has never been an issue between Pacquiao and Marquez and it will never be an issue between them.

I opened this thread expecting to read something interesting.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #64
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Hmm, so pac is trying to use weight to beat his opponent again.
oibighead is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #65
ReE13
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I'm gonna go watch Floyd beating Marquez like I little girl again in honor of divac.
ReE13 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #66
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingyang View Post
TS bitching like a baby... As if he was the one fighting Pac or JMM. LOL
he always do that before and after every other pac-jmm fight. he is like marquez himself.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #67
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Pactards have said for years that they'll weight the same regardless.

But the weights here signify why we have weight divisions.

4 lbs is significant. Thats four additional lbs of lean mass for Pacquiao.

Pacquiao could'nt bully Marquez in fight 3 so he's decided to bulk up and take it to the smaller Marquez.

We'll see what transpires come tommorow night, but definitely, Pacquiao is at a weight advantage here. He'll be physically stronger than he was a year ago!
errr.... didn't they fight at this weight class before? If Marquez was so concerned about maximizing the weight class, he would have put on more muscle mass himself... you make it sound like Pacquiao is cheating on him or something!

Mentally preparing yourself for an out if Marquez gets KO'd? Yes, pretty smart idea on Pacquiao's side to max out to 147 for once, since his Plan A will be a KO....

Just as Marquez said before the last fight, he wont be worried about the weightclass cuz he'll be just a couple pounds behind Pacquiao at the most. This will prob be the same thing. Dont get emo on us yet, the fight hadn't even started!
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #68
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReE13 View Post
I'm gonna go watch Floyd beating Marquez like I little girl again in honor of divac.
lol cruel
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #69
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
40 years old and being outweighed by 4 lbs of lean mass are not excuses, they're fact!

Having said that, that 40 year old lightweight may very well propinate Pacroid another schooling, and then what will Roach and all the Pactards come up with!

A schooling and at Roach's insistance the fight be held at the full 147 lbs weight limit! It would be classic!

Correction, Marquez is 39 years old.
Turns 40 on August 23rd 2013.

Florez is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #70
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingyang View Post
TS bitching like a baby... As if he was the one fighting Pac or JMM. LOL

He is getting ready for the Big fight, once the Main Event starts, Shadow Boxes in front of the TV and that he is pretending he is in the ring against Pacquiao after 2 months of hard training.
Florez is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #71
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

The thing about fight night weights is that often times the fighter steps into them fully clothed and with shoes on.
You cant really go by fight night weight when the difference between that and the official weighin is 5 or 6 lbs.
Your clothes can pretty much weigh that much.

A fighter like Chavez Jr. who scales 20 lbs heavier the next day you know is not all weight from your clothes.

All thoughout the negotiations for fight 3, I kept saying Marquez stood a good chance still if the fight were be held at 140 lbs where both can make without a problem.

Pacquiao is said to have to overeat to weighin at 143-145, wonder how many PED's he had to overdose on to hit the scales at 147 lbs and look the way he did.

Pacquiao's weight gain is likely in his legs. The legs that will carry him and make him withstand the straight rights by Marquez he was leary of last time.

If Pacquiao is able to just walk through Marquez shots without feeling the effects, I think it will be safe to assume it will be because of the extra weight he's carrying he did'nt carry last time.
Last time Pacquiao was leary of getting hit, he was feeling Marquez' shots.
I'll I'm saying is lets see if thats the case this time.
I'm sure both men will weigh in tonight....I just hope we see what weight they both rehydrate to. I don't think PAC will put on that much weight and suspect Juan might add a little extra weight to make the fight night weight between these two more even.

At 140 the fight would be the same fight. The only difference is both men would be smaller and would have a different training camp which focused more on cutting weight.

PAC's body has naturally gone through a physiological change that comes with age and comes with moving up in weight. For him to fill out over the course of 4 yrs is not a surprise.....at least not to me. I knew PAC would eventually become a full fledge Welter Weight at some point and Juan is not that far behind. He just needs to consistently fight above 135 and he is beginning to do so now. Juan's PED intake...if he is taking something memo has cooked up, won't make him a full fledged welter weight over night...it just helps him operate better as his body begins to fill out naturally.

Last time PAC wasn't fighting in the typical style we are use to. He just hasn't been as busy, period. He's gotten to the point now where Manny is "thinking" more and trying to look for the right openings vs just fighting on instinct and throwing combinations.

I think that has a lot to do with his age....all the changes he's made to his personal life and just losing that fire he once had when he was hungry.

PAC's not hungry anymore....he's comfortable. He's use to the stage....use to the redundant process of promoting a BIG fight....preparing for the fight and winning.

JMM on the other hand is HUNGRY..he's made necessary changes to breath life in to his career. He has amazing skill sets that add ring miles to his boxing life and now with Memo...he's almost turning back the time doing things he's never had to do before because he was that good and operating in his NATURAL weight class.

It's why I think JMM was able to best PAC last time by a couple rounds. In the rematch the shoes were on the other set of feet and PAC was able to best Juan.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #72
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

***** TS
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #73
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
I have no idea why Marquez keeps cutting down so low. He's been walking around at 145-150 for years.
Emmanuel Steward said when he interviewed JMM, he learned that he would constantly build extra muscle at lightweight as well.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #74
markq
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
Does Marquez look like the smaller fighter, you ****ing moron?

LOOK? Are you as stupid as your avatar suggest? Why dont we just use our eyeballs to see if a fighter made weight instead of the weigh in.
markq is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum