Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #76
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Can Oscar de La Hoya beat Duran at at 147. In there primes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
That was not walking though anyone. He didnt stop Ray. Ray fighting his fight and Duran not stopping him. Which actually gave Ray confidence. Ray said after " I fought this man at his own fight and he couldn't stop me! I knew if I fought my fight I win easily". I don't think Ray walked through Leonard at all.
AH! So know it's all about the fact that Duran never KO'd Leonard

Digging through all your hate to find a modicom of reality is akin do digging out an undigested chunk of carrot from a sidewalk splattered in spew
duranimal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #77
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post

Digging through all your hate to find a modicom of reality is akin do digging out an undigested chunk of carrot from a sidewalk splattered in spew
There is an overrating of Duran which goes beyond what he did in the ring against elites, not against fighters in general but elites. The thought that he walks through Delahoya or Mayweather or any elite could happen, but it is not based on any of his wins against elites, because he never walked through an elite fighter who can move and who has speed.

When he fought those guys specifically Leonard and Benitez and Hearns with handspeed, he lost easily. So to say he would walk through Floyd is just opinion based not on fact. And this is what I am always saying, It is not an insult on him as a fighter. He was great ,but on the ease in which his fans say he would beat Oscar or Floyd
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #78
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:

Hate is giving an opinion which I think is based on facts or other fights?? I always said Duran was great, if giving an opinion is hate then they should rename ESB ESH for Eastside Hate since the whole board here is build on opinions and by your standard hate. And I think I exhibit far less "hate" than many people on here.
There is a search on ESB. Go use it an find when I said anything hateful against any fighter or person on ESB. You cannot find it because I never did. I never insulted Duran as a person ever. I mention his techniques and his fans excuses and comments. I stick to the fights and the lack of evidence for some of the excuses.
I always said Duran was great, my comments were on facts and I stick to the criteria I always used. Do I not? There is always a few people who do not go by the believed theories on fighters if they don't see evidence for the claims. I have always looked at things scientifically. There has to be a cause and effect or something someone says based on real fact. My criteria has always been not to say someone could walk through some great easily because that is opinion. My criteria is if a person says a fighter could walk through someone like Oscar, well certainly there are fights against other elites where they walked through them so that would back that up. But if there are not many fights against elites where he did that, then a comment that Duran would win by knockout easily would be said. Where is the proof? People cannot say well he walked through Lampkin so he would walk through Oscar. Well they can, but that evidence is shaky. I think what my viewpoint is valid.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #79
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:

and yes the comment about stopping Ray is significant because people think Duran would walk through elites and he never did. Ray was the only elite he has a win over, and Ray fought his fight and there is not stoppage. So saying Duran would stop or walk through Delahoya or Floyd or Pernell is not based on a fight against another elite. The closest Duran got to walking through an elite is Cuevas. But beating Cuevas at 154 at a weight he never won a title and 3 years from his title reign is not the same as beating Floyd or Oscar.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #80
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
There is an overrating of Duran which goes beyond what he did in the ring against elites, not against fighters in general but elites. The thought that he walks through Delahoya or Mayweather or any elite could happen, but it is not based on any of his wins against elites, because he never walked through an elite fighter who can move and who has speed.

When he fought those guys specifically Leonard and Benitez and Hearns with handspeed, he lost easily. So to say he would walk through Floyd is just opinion based not on fact. And this is what I am always saying, It is not an insult on him as a fighter. He was great ,but on the ease in which his fans say he would beat Oscar or Floyd
I think walking through them is a bit of an overstatement.

But he would keep on pressing until he was KO'd unless the fighter was a good mover and could employ a hit and run strategy. I don't envision DLH doing either of those two things.

Floyd would certainly try and move probably have some degree of success, but I don't think either fighter beats Duran.
Vanboxingfan is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum