Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #346
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

ahh i miss understood then. Smart move and good luck with your studies mate
pichuchu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #347
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

OK guys I think I'm gonna try a 5 day split. Struggling to find a good order to put it all in though so I don't overwork some muscle groups by working them the day after each other but I'll see how I get on. I much preferred doing a 4 day split over 3 days, so hopefully will see good results from this.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #348
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Just do an upper/lower. Or if you are a novice, a 5x5 may be better.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #349
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
OK guys I think I'm gonna try a 5 day split. Struggling to find a good order to put it all in though so I don't overwork some muscle groups by working them the day after each other but I'll see how I get on. I much preferred doing a 4 day split over 3 days, so hopefully will see good results from this.
Stimulating muscles as often as possible without burning out the CNS is the key to hypertrophy. Don't be scared of working muscle groups regularly.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #350
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Stimulating muscles as often as possible without burning out the CNS is the key to hypertrophy. Don't be scared of working muscle groups regularly.
That's what I'm going for realised 3 day splits just don't work the muscles enough, plus I like to keep my workouts to 45mins-1hr at a high intensity and I couldn't cram everything into 3 days.
I'm only doing 5 exercises a day, in the 8 rep range. My CNS will be able to deal with that right?
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #351
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

jdsm hooked me up with a solid five day and i'm loving it.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #352
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
That's what I'm going for realised 3 day splits just don't work the muscles enough, plus I like to keep my workouts to 45mins-1hr at a high intensity and I couldn't cram everything into 3 days.
I'm only doing 5 exercises a day, in the 8 rep range. My CNS will be able to deal with that right?
I don't know, that's for you to find out. Everybody has different capabilities.

Every gym goer gets so hung up on the shit on the Internet or what they read when what they should be doing is experimenting in the gym. Find your 1 rep maxes, train till you throw up, over-train yourself, find your limits then you'll be able to train optimally for yourself.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #353
cutthroat22

Signed up for a powerlifting comp next week, I'm entering the log press comp, it's not something I've trained for so just wondering if its worth doing anything special routine wise this week.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #354
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I wouldn't do any real heavy work this week if you're competing next week mate.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #355
cutthroat22

Cheers, so just keep it light but other than that nothing new? Would you reckon it's a good idea to see how many reps I can do with the log or just leave it for the actual day?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #356
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
Cheers, so just keep it light but other than that nothing new? Would you reckon it's a good idea to see how many reps I can do with the log or just leave it for the actual day?
You've left it too late to actually train for that particular event. If you train shoulders keep it light and save it for the competition.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #357
cutthroat22

Thanks. I wasn't planning on ever competing in anything but this will be a pretty small event and probably pretty fun. I'll most likely get smashed by the juice heads but as long as I don't embarrass myself too much that's fine. So a few light shoulder days it is then ill rest over the weekend.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #358
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Sounds good though, as long as you enjoy yourself. I'd advise picking an event in maybe 2014 and focus a good year of training towards it, whether it's bodybuilding or powerliftting.

I know Mark Lobliner started dieting at 24 weeks out, or around there for his show and he was only 7-8%.

EDIT: 7-8% when starting that is.

Last edited by Jdsm; 12-10-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #359
cutthroat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Sounds good though, as long as you enjoy yourself. I'd advise picking an event in maybe 2014 and focus a good year of training towards it, whether it's bodybuilding or powerliftting.

I know Mark Lobliner started dieting at 24 weeks out, or around there for his show and he was only 7-8%.

EDIT: 7-8% when starting that is.
Yea, 1 of my mates is entering so we are just thinking about it as a friendly comp between each other. I don't think I'd compete in anything serious, wish I'd started hitting the gym earlier and really got into powerlifting or something. Any idea roughly how many reps of 65 the biggest guys will do? I rite hope I'm not first up.

Lobliner looks crazy good even that far out from a comp. must have mad dedication to his diet.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #360
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
Yea, 1 of my mates is entering so we are just thinking about it as a friendly comp between each other. I don't think I'd compete in anything serious, wish I'd started hitting the gym earlier and really got into powerlifting or something. Any idea roughly how many reps of 65 the biggest guys will do? I rite hope I'm not first up.

Lobliner looks crazy good even that far out from a comp. must have mad dedication to his diet.
I started at a new gym today, loads of power lifting and strong man equipment. Some of the guys can rep out 140kg overhead. If your gym is anything like this place, 65kg is pretty much 50% of 1RM, they'll be throwing that weight around for a while, probably at least 20 reps.
viru§™ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing