Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

vCash: 129
Default Re: Your opinion on Jennings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
Well, let's see:

He got hit exactly one time in 4 rounds, and managed to partially duck even that blow.

He came back immediately and finished that round strong, showing tremendous heart.

He completely dominated the fight, yet kept his cool and showed tremendous patience.

He landed a lot of vicious body shots, which is unusual for a HW.

He showed excellent footwork and speed.

His accuracy was the best we've ever seen from him.

He ended the fiight with a 1-punch KO.

Yeah, he really sucks!

(All Hail Brit****ia !)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Ya know

I mean haterz gonna hate, but as another pointed out.....Tupou is a monster puncher, and is a far stronger puncher than Pajkic who KDd Fury similarly.

The fact that Jennings ended the round effectively shows he's got good recovery skills.

Sometimes, a 260lb fighter is gonna KD and even KO the 220lbs fighter when those kindof shots land. But Jennings, wasnt about to let that happen. He went straight away back to his gameplan and got his 2nd consecutive dominant KO win.
Quote:
BTW-

Very good interview with Jennings (pre Tupou fight) here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He seems pretty humble & intelligent.

Some of our more delusional Brit****s should also realize that Jennings still holds a full-time job as an a mechanic. Combine that with the fact that he's only been a boxer for 3 years (no amateur career) and if you're still not impressed with the guy, you must be sucking the Queen's *****.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #32
John_Ortiz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Cool peoples but needs work.. Peopl who say they like his movement dont know about boxing.. He clearly was moving to the wrong side of orthodox opponent still green.. but will get better.. not the best prospect.. Eddie Chambers is the best boxing bigman from America.. Malik Scott is best prospect fi still consider prospect
John_Ortiz is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #33
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

vCash: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Glazkov, Szpilka, Dinu, Mago
Agree with Glazkov and Dinu, but Szpilka doesn't look great and Mago was badly exposed by shot McCline last time out.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #34
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm View Post
Agree with Glazkov and Dinu, but Szpilka doesn't look great and Mago was badly exposed by shot McCline last time out.
If Szpilka doesnt look good to you i dont know how you think Jennings does, Szpilka has very good footwork and movement, reflexes, handspeed, counter punching, good combinations, respectable power and has shown a solid chin fighting 4 rounds with a broken jaw against Mccline. If Mago was exposed so was Jennings. Mago ate a flush shot he didnt see and was less affected by it than Bowie's glancing punch that took Jennings legs away. They're all solid looking prospects imo.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #35
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
If Szpilka doesnt look good to you i dont know how you think Jennings does, Szpilka has very good footwork and movement, real good reflexes and is elusive, real good handspeed, good combinations, respectable power and has shown a solid chin fighting 4 rounds with a broken jaw against Mccline. If Mago was exposed so was Jennings. Mago ate a flush shot he didnt see and was less affected by it than Bowie's glancing punch that took Jennings legs away. They're all solid looking prospects imo.
All of these guys could be the future, including Jennings. Szpilka definitely has power, and decent skills, though he's the least-tested of the bunch. He also might be a little too slow to reach the elite level. He reminds me a lot of Chisora.

Mago might be the least talented of the bunch, but he has power & heart, which somewhat makes up for it.

- But Wilder & Price will likely rise to the very top. I'd bet the farm on it.

Last edited by Cableaddict; 12-09-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #36
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
All of these guys are the future, including Jennings. Szpilka definitely has skills, though he's the least-tested of the bunch.

Mago might be the least talented of the bunch, but he has power & heart, which somewhat makes up for it.
Agreed. Szpilka has only been out of prison about a year and is being brought along at a similar pace though, the Mccline fight was good but the broken jaw and injured ankle was a little setback. He fights often and should be in the mix starting next year. There's rumors of a Szpilka vs Zimnoch fight on the Golota vs Saleta undercard. Zimnoch is a decent prospect himself, that would be a solid comback fight.

I actually think Mago's skills are somewhat underrated especially his defense. He's quite good at judging and controlling distance and is good at catching, parrying and blocking punches even though he could use a little more head movement.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #37
Bobo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 179

Jennings already is getting the hate from the Euros which means he's doing some good. the best thing to me though is the ACTUAL FIGHT and not worrying about whether he's a ****ing world beater. he threw a massive left hook to the body then head. not many heavyweights today do that. and then the 2 body punches, 2 hooks to the head to set up that UPPERCUT. giving different angles like Flores said
Bobo is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #38
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 827

He has good skills and he might have more power than the 8 stoppages in 16 fights shows. I wouldn't put him with a champion right now, and that includes Povtkin.
If I was his management. I would look to make 2-3 more defenses of the USBA belt. Than fight 1-2 world ratted contenders. Than probbly early or mid 2014. Fight for a world championship.
ripcity is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum