PaoloMirani
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACON999 View Post
Bitch-made.
That's alright man, The fact that I posted a thread and put myself out there so you can have this opportunity to troll my ass should tell you I'm ok with that. I've done my fair share of shit-talking but if you read between the lines you should realize I've always respected JMM. That said, get da **** out my thread Flomo.
PaoloMirani is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #18
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloMirani View Post
I guess this is addressed namely to the millions of Pac fans hurting right now. To get to it, don’t feel too bad. Yes it hurts but this is far from a Roy Jones moment. Last night you we saw what a personally motivated Pacquiao is capable of. Last night you got reminded of why you fell in love with this guy to begin with (no flomo). Pacquiao said before the fight he was gonna go balls out. We always hear of prefight rhetoric of boxers saying they’re gonna leave it all out there, don’t leave it to the judges…well, this was one of those rare instances where the boxer actually meant it. Pacquiao decided early on he was gonna ko Marquez or go down trying. To those who know their boxing and of how this rivalry has gone, that approach is counterintuitive knowing that’s essentially gifting Marquez with pretty much his most effective way of landing. Before the fight, I said Pac’s strategy has less to with any technical difficulties but more of reigning in his natural mentality. Go make it boring if you have to. …just fine-tune your fight 3 script.
Manny had the fight controlled, he could have taken the foot off the gas, fall back into some boxing and bag rounds…but he CHOSE not to. I suppose I should fault him for throwing caution to the wind and abandoning strategy altogether.…but you know what I can’t. Pacquiao lost in his own terms. In fact I found it fitting. I’ve always believed, that Pacquiao’s end would be of him getting ko’d guns ablazing. Pacquiao is a FIGHTER. It’s so easy to throw terms out there like this guy’s a warrior blah blah blah and you see alotta these guys doing more dumbass posturing than actual fighting in the ring. But Manny is that guy that backs it up. Last few fights he seemed to have lost that, just going thru the motion, business as usual…but last night I got reminded. It took me back when I first contracted Pactarditis….that night a raw one-dimensional Pacquiao was getting handily outclassed by the great Morales. Hopelessly behind, bloodied, and ill-equipped tactically to mount a comeback, there was Pacquiao in the 12th still trying…still throwing with intent, still believing that he could get Morales out. Yes he lost …fairweather fans would’ve jumped off the bandwagon. But that was actually the nigtt I wholeheartedly became a Pactard. I remember telling myself…I gotta see this guy again, and again, and again. See, it’s not about wins and losses. C When boxers fight like they’re out to prove something, not just to bag and protect million dollar paydays... that’s when you realize they’re special. Manny is universally beloved multimillionaire many times over…but last weeknd, there he was pressing the action, putting himself in harms way fighting Marquez as if he stole something. He fought like that certain skinny ex-doughnut peddling, fresh of the boat up-and-comer out to prove something to the world. And you know, thats what makes a fighter great. Great fighters go out on thier shield. Great boxers lingers on into their 40's.
Good post. Thanks for taking the time dude
o_money is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
TRACON999
Journeyman

Quote:
That's alright man, The fact that I posted a thread and put myself out there so you can have this opportunity to troll my ass should tell you I'm ok with that. I've done my fair share of shit-talking but if you read between the lines you should realize I've always respected JMM. That said, get da **** out my thread Flomo.
Your thread is saved for posterity. To commemorate how female-like you are.

Pacquiao is still alive and hopefully healthy. He's got money, fame and a wonderful family. Boxing will go on, maybe not for you, but it will.

You call me a flomo, why, just because I call you an over emotional fanboy?

You know what, don't answer that. The proof is in this used sanitary napkin you call a thread. Douche regularly, my friend.
TRACON999 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #20
luciuslim
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1150

Quote:
Haters gonna hate...da **** you guys doing in here anyways. This shit aint addressed to you. I subconsciously wanted JMM to win for the record, I've also said that peepee drinker has grown on me over the years...for the record. Shit I even toned down my clowning of Divac before the fight. Pac fought in a style that made himgreat, he got caught...there's no shame in goong out in your own terms.
luciuslim is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #21
JDK
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

Quote:
I subconsciously wanted JMM to win for the record,

You should not post when you're this emotional, guy. It's painfully embarrassing.
JDK is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #22
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Lol...for the record, yeah there is "shame" in getting KTFO by a 40 year old man...that you've fought 3 times. I mean to act like getting knocked cold on a huge stage by your "greatest rival" isn't a big deal, is moronic. Considering the fact he's lost his last two fights, a shot at the biggest fight in boxing, any P4P status, and much of his drawing power...it's actually quite a big deal, regardless whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #23
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 272

i like your post.

and personally i consider myself a hardcore boxing fan. i check news daily, i go to all local events, see as live big events at least 2 times a year. and watc boxing every week.

And Manny Pac is still my favourite boxer. A complete warrior. And a class act on top of that.

I thought he looked great last night, and respect to marquez for getting the win.

I hope Pac comes back stronger.

Boxing needs a fighter like manny.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #24
JoeCamelTow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

OP is a Douche. Deserves all the piss he's getting!
JoeCamelTow is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #25
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1391

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamelTow View Post
OP is a Douche. Deserves all the piss he's getting!
Yup!
reed_man02 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #26
christian

I wonder if history will remember Pacquiao's party days as preserving him the way George Burns seemed to be by the cigars he had constantly in his hand.
What a run Manny had, bringing Filipino boxing to the mainstream. Bet guys like Gabriel "Flash" Elorde could have used his influence.
We had the Mayweather era until 2008 when he decided to duck Pacquiao, and now Manny's era has ended and Floyd has the option of stepping up again--not just with an occasional brilliant performance, but with the activity and responsibility level of a p4p champion.
If he doesn't, another Filipino named Donaire might win the position himself.
christian is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #27
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

Pacman will be back. He has what it takes to come back strong IMO.
Flexe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum