Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #16
SpeedKills
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: It baffles me that on a Boxing forum there is so little knowledge of training

Lol at comparing yourself to a professional athlete. You making gains compared to an athlete like JMM who enters all of his fights in peak condition is completely different. You have room for improvement.
SpeedKills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #17
technocrato
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400
Default Re: It baffles me that on a Boxing forum there is so little knowledge of training

It is not that hard to get Marquez's shape if you work hard. I do some training, not as intensive as him and after few months I get more riped. The thing that bother me is that when he was asked wether or not those muscle afected the fight, Marquez answer was "no". Personnaly, after gaining all those muscle the hard way, I would have been proud of my dedication and my first instinct would have been to say "yes". "Yes I worked hard and it paid off". But instead Marquez said "no". No, I trained hard and suffered and it didn't have anything to do in the result of the fight. That answer seems really suspicious to me.
technocrato is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #18
randomwalk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedKills View Post
Lol at comparing yourself to a professional athlete. You making gains compared to an athlete like JMM who enters all of his fights in peak condition is completely different. You have room for improvement.
MichiganWarrior was dead lifting 600 lbs in HS. Don't question his training knowledge..
randomwalk is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
Bald_Toad
Ring Title
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

how can degenerates like the op can claim a 40 yr old that beefs up overnight, develops 1 punch KO power and hires a drug smuggler to train him, isnt juicing.
Bald_Toad is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #20
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Its like the vast majority of this forum has never seen a weight room before.

"How can Marquez get so ripped in a year! He's 39!"

I've made gains in the weight room in gym 2 hours a day, 5 days a week on a diet of chocolate chip cookies, monsters and breakfast burritos.

Yet nobody knows what a motivated person on a real workout plan in his late 30's where its easier to retain mass can do?

Squats? Power cleans? Deadlifting? Age old techniques that have been tried and true for 100 years?

Nah it must be steroids.
YOU STiLL HAVEN'T ANSWERED THE QUESTION CORRECTLY YET:

WHAT IS THE TERM 'FLOORED' MEAN TO YOU?
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #21
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald_Toad View Post
how can degenerates like the op can claim a 40 yr old that beefs up overnight, develops 1 punch KO power and hires a drug smuggler to train him, isnt juicing.
This thread was largely aimed at me and that was my whole point.
WarpedDesign is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #22
ElJaguar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

There are people speculating about how Marquez looked so ripped all of the sudden, but the dude's been ripped ever since he put on weight and moved up to lightweight. For this fight, he specifically trained to increase his strength and come in as a light welterweight, so naturally, he's going to be bigger. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ElJaguar is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #23
Bobo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Yeah, some guys here still seem to think training like they did in the 50s is the best way to train.

Run 5 miles in the morning, do some jumping jacks and spar!

The sad thing is there seems to be some boxers who are of that mindset too!

I hear about guys like Marquez hiring strength and conditioning coachs,and im thinking "WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS!"

It should be a fundamental part of your training to have a strength and conditioing coach if you're a serious professional
nah
Bobo is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #24
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

Okay, so they don't know anything about training.

But when Pacquiao manages to get ripped and move up several divisions it's PED's?
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #25
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Dude if its harder to lose fat dont you think its harder to lose muscle as well? The older you get your metabolism slows down the easier it is to pack on mass. If i was your old ass i would forgo all the useless cardio which is actually detrimental the older you get and hit those weights and get ****ing shredded. To burn excess calories do resistence training and body workouts.
I don't need to humiliate you any further with how factually incorrect your post is for the simple reason everyone else here is already doing it.

janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #26
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

I don't think Marquez did dead-lift type lifts. More explosive and core training as you pointed out. Not stagnant power (Not the technical term but you get the idea) but training for speed as much as anything, but that mass will certainly show.

I thought Pac looked more ripped and just as big and conditioned. Really think people are making too much of Marquez's body.

I too thought Marquez looked slower. Maybe the mass, maybe the age, or maybe both. He wasn't slow enough to land the needed shots. He probably focused on power just as much as speed this time around.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #27
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
I don't need to humiliate you any further with how factually incorrect your post is for the simple reason everyone else here is already doing it.

MW got floored. again
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #28
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
Okay, so they don't know anything about training.

But when Pacquiao manages to get ripped and move up several divisions it's PED's?
Never thought Pac was on roids. Filipinos are austronesians. They have thicker builds than most Asians. On a healthy diet they get pretty big. Once Pac started consuming calories and not draining himself to make weight his physique would naturally explode.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #29
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

Quote:
Never thought Pac was on roids. Filipinos are austronesians. They have thicker builds than most Asians. On a healthy diet they get pretty big. Once Pac started consuming calories and not draining himself to make weight his physique would naturally explode.
If you really didn't then props to you.

Some people doesn't share that sentiment.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #30
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
I don't think Marquez did dead-lift type lifts. More explosive and core training as you pointed out. Not stagnant power (Not the technical term but you get the idea) but training for speed as much as anything, but that mass will certainly show.

I thought Pac looked more ripped and just as big and conditioned. Really think people are making too much of Marquez's body.

I too thought Marquez looked slower. Maybe the mass, maybe the age, or maybe both. He wasn't slow enough to land the needed shots. He probably focused on power just as much as speed this time around.
He was definitely slower. Weight lifting is a pick your poison for boxers it seems. You sacrifice mobility and quickness for power.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing