Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #31
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571
Default Re: It baffles me that on a Boxing forum there is so little knowledge of training

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
I don't need to humiliate you any further with how factually incorrect your post is for the simple reason everyone else here is already doing it.

Says the guy who just figured out sprints produce faster phenotypic desirable results than long distance running. Which a cursory view of football players vs soccer players or marathon runners vs 100 meter dash Olympians would show.

Hey buddy we can compare weight room results anytime
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #32
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: It baffles me that on a Boxing forum there is so little knowledge of training

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior
Dude if its harder to lose fat dont you think its harder to lose muscle as well? The older you get your metabolism slows down the easier it is to pack on mass. If i was your old ass i would forgo all the useless cardio which is actually detrimental the older you get and hit those weights and get ****ing shredded. To burn excess calories do resistence training and body workouts.
The only problem is that your test levels start to really decline in your 30s. If you're busting your ass and taking in a high amount of calories from eating clean foods, then yeah you see a lot of people get bigger than ever from 35-40. Not everybody's metabolism is the same. Cardio is a death wish for me personally and simply not needed.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #33
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocrato View Post
The thing that bother me is that when he was asked wether or not those muscle afected the fight, Marquez answer was "no". Personnaly, after gaining all those muscle the hard way, I would have been proud of my dedication and my first instinct would have been to say "yes". "Yes I worked hard and it paid off". But instead Marquez said "no". No, I trained hard and suffered and it didn't have anything to do in the result of the fight. That answer seems really suspicious to me.
That's because Marquez isn't stupid and knows shit about boxing. He had over 30 rounds to figure out Pacquiao and he's the best counterpuncher in the game. This time he put it together and caught him, timed him perfectly. I'd say the fact he's spent a lifetime developing his skills and sense of distance/timing is something he's more proud of than one training camp where he got some nice abs.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #34
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
That's because Marquez isn't stupid and knows shit about boxing. He had over 30 rounds to figure out Pacquiao and he's the best counterpuncher in the game. This time he put it together and caught him, timed him perfectly. I'd say the fact he's spent a lifetime developing his skills and sense of distance/timing is something he's more proud of than one training camp where he got some nice abs.

AMEN
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #35
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

vCash: 14503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
The only problem is that your test levels start to really decline in your 30s. If you're busting your ass and taking in a high amount of calories from eating clean foods, then yeah you see a lot of people get bigger than ever from 35-40. Not everybody's metabolism is the same. Cardio is a death wish for me personally and simply not needed.
Why is that?
bladerunner is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #36
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Your Heart is the Highway of everything, it seems with the knew findings, more so than we initially thought .
scrap is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #37
NVSemin
Sugar Boxing
ESB Jr Member

knowledge is power, I guess real experts in boxing earn big money, so there is no need for them to share knowledge for free...

this is why there is this forum: this small amount of knowledge everyone has here, and by doing so, we all can share big amount of knowledge
NVSemin is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #38
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
knowledge is power, I guess real experts in boxing earn big money, so there is no need for them to share knowledge for free...

this is why there is this forum: this small amount of knowledge everyone has here, and by doing so, we all can share big amount of knowledge
Knowledge is only Powerful , if its shared .
scrap is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #39
NVSemin
Sugar Boxing
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Knowledge is only Powerful , if its shared .
I am not sure this is an entirely true statement, depends on the situation. If a person has a reputation and credibility, you will pay him first for the knowledge, and then he will share it
NVSemin is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #40
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
I am not sure this is an entirely true statement, depends on the situation. If a person has a reputation and credibility, you will pay him first for the knowledge, and then he will share it
With the truly knowledgeable Guys Ive never found that.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #41
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
With the truly knowledgeable Guys Ive never found that.
You are right, I am I guess lucky cos I can go to the bigger fights in Vegas, and Texas and sit and talk to legends and they will respond to your questions if you are seeking advice.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #42
CrossedLine
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
YOU STiLL HAVEN'T ANSWERED THE QUESTION CORRECTLY YET:

WHAT IS THE TERM 'FLOORED' MEAN TO YOU?
You haven't asked the question correctly. The correct question would be "What DOES the term 'floored' mean to you?'
CrossedLine is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #43
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 742

Great discussion about Marquez. My strength level in my thirties has improved significantly from my twenties primarily because I'm smarter about my conditioning and diet.

With that said, coaches would not prefer to train older people to fight because they know the good pickings are at early age. Its harder to mold an older person into an eleate athlete. Now since.Marquez was already at althete conditioning level and diet molding him in a few months by a top conditioning coach seems not unrealistic doing it naturally.
cheech is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing