Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #16
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: The Diaz Brothers Belong in Pro Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Like I said, they aren't winning any titles. If they started Boxing they would have more success. Greater sums of $$$ and huge fights would lie ahead.
This will be the last post of yours i reply too!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #17
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo[/ame]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #18
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #19
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

The truth is they don't want to take those boxing skills into a ring. They are better off using them to expose alot of fighters who aren't good enough at boxing/striking.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
The truth is they don't want to take those boxing skills into a ring. They are better off using them to expose alot of fighters who aren't good enough at boxing/striking.
The first half of this post I think is possible, but I disagree with them being better off in MMA. Like I said, they aren't winning and defending UFC Gold, and striking is not everything in MMA.

The Game don't wait, and The Diaz Brothers won't have the set of skills to be the best. Nick still has a good chance at an undeserved title shot so he should take it. But, Nate is in a hard place. He is a bag of bones at the weigh ins and weakened at LW, and too small to be fighting at WW... If he wants to be a Champion in MMA he will need some strength and conditioning training and a deeper skillset.

Boxing is the best thing for them, and I believe Nate would have more success in the Sport than his brother. I would put money on him going undefeated in his first 10 pro fights or so, and after a couple of years he would be fighting on the undercard of PPVs, Showtime and HBO.... The Diaz Brothers would be called out by the Jeff Lacy' of the World; drawing mass amounts of publicity and $$$$.

There is money to be made in Boxing, and now is the time. No point in being a Contender for the rest of your youth, so they should either evolve their game or do their thing in a squared circle. Nate has got to do as much as say making the switch is on his mind and he will immediately be called out by former World Champions... I truly believe after about 2-3 years of being brought up in the Sport he will be ready to win these major Prizefights.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #21
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Besides some wisecracks, the rest of you aren't saying shit... It's clear to see that they don't have the skills to be Champions.

FFS, I never said they would be P4P fighters.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #22
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I don't see Nate having great boxing skills. Too sloppy and unorthodox. I see Nick having better hands to be honest. Both have awkward styles, but the reach and leverage they get from those long arms are definitely an asset in boxing.
Now my assessment may not be fair, as they would likely adapt a technique more suited to boxing - if they were to go that route. But the wide open guard and wild looping shots would definitely be a downfall. And anyone who's trained before knows, it's hard to break bad habits than learn new ones. Plus Nate is seriously lacking handspeed.

So i only partially agree.

I think Nate and Nick have some physical and mental assets that would make them great competitors in any sport, and they would likely have a successful career in pro boxing. But I don't see either of them fighting top names, or holding any belts. They would probably do well fighting unknown low to mid level fighters.

So all in all, I think they would do OK in pro boxing, but belong in MMA.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #23
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Besides some wisecracks, the rest of you aren't saying shit... It's clear to see that they don't have the skills to be Champions.

FFS, I never said they would be P4P fighters.
I have read the responses, mine included, and for the most part they are all saying the Diaz brothers would not fair well in the boxing ring with their style of striking.

Just because nobody is really lining up with your opinion, you seem to have a problem. That's not wisecracks, that's educated opinions by folks that have seen both these guys in the cage several times to come to the conclusions we've come to. They would get smoked in a boxing match.
gumbo2176 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #24
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo2176 View Post
I have read the responses, mine included, and for the most part they are all saying the Diaz brothers would not fair well in the boxing ring with their style of striking.

Just because nobody is really lining up with your opinion, you seem to have a problem. That's not wisecracks, that's educated opinions by folks that have seen both these guys in the cage several times to come to the conclusions we've come to. They would get smoked in a boxing match.
I truly do not have a problem, this is the internet! It's possible you got me wrong

I've seen about two "educated responses" posted just recently. Transitioning from any Sport to another is a process, and I think it's ignorant to say they would get smoked in a Boxing match . Maybe you are picturing them in a ring with Top Contenders, but that is not what I suggested.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #25
Brisbox

vCash: 225

Diaz brothers have great standup....for MMA, they wouldn't get anywhere in pro boxing they are top level elite MMA fighters but would struggle in Pro box

Can you imagine what would happen if Nick Diaz attempted a bout at super middleweight with one of the top 10!?!?

There great fighters in their own sport Gracie Barra has a long legacy and they are brilliant BJJ players why change ?
Brisbox is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #26
Brisbox

vCash: 225

Quote:
I truly do not have a problem, this is the internet! It's possible you got me wrong

I've seen about two "educated responses" posted just recently. Transitioning from any Sport to another is a process, and I think it's ignorant to say they would get smoked in a Boxing match . Maybe you are picturing them in a ring with Top Contenders, but that is not what I suggested.

A) why would they leave before the peak of their MMA career
B) it would be like starting from scratch standup wise it's completely different
Brisbox is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #27
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
They aren't winning any titles with that style, and poor Nate caught a punch in the eye during that opening round. He was devasted at that post fight conference. Last night proved that the brothers can't do their thing in the cage. It is now or never for them.
Eh ?

Both Diaz brothers are amongst the best fighters in their division, they are also great entertainment for the most part. MMA is worse off without them.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #28
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisbox View Post
A) why would they leave before the peak of their MMA career
B) it would be like starting from scratch standup wise it's completely different
#1) Because it's clear to see that the sport has rapidly evolved over the past 5-10 years. In my first response I asked "BJJ and what else??"

The Diaz Brothers have NOTHING going for them besides Boxing and BJJ, which has taken them thus far. This year we saw the two hot headed stoners throw fits in the cage as they were outclassed. It's been proven over and over in recent fights that they cannot do their thing in that cage against well rounded Mixed Martial Artist. They need to leave the Sport because their best has not been good enough, and I do not see them being offensive enough with their grappling to make a difference.

We can see what is missing in their game, but I don't expect the two to making the adjustments that are required for UFC Gold. If Nick Diaz somehow gets a gift of a title shot and somehow takes the belt, he won't hold it for long as he will be exploited by another well rounded fighter.

#2) This is true, but throwing hands is what they love to do.

The two go rounds with a former Gold Medalist, P4P fighter Andre Ward.... I don't think the transition to Boxing would be as hard as some think.

They will have greater success in Pro Boxing as far as money, and all the things that come with it (popularity, publicity, and support) are concerned. The checks and fights in The UFC will get smaller and smaller, wait and see as they fall down the ranks.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #29
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Eh ?

Both Diaz brothers are amongst the best fighters in their division, they are also great entertainment for the most part. MMA is worse off without them.
I don't think The Diaz Brothers do MMA for any reason other than to be Champions. But, I agree with this post 100%.

Like I say, The Game don't wait....... They aren't winning any titles, throwing hands is what they love to do and starting their Pro Boxing careers in 13' will pay dividends.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #30
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Pro Boxing makes too much sense, and watch the blueprint on how to beat the two displayed over and over again.... I'm happy with giving a lot of you time on this.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum