Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #1
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Chris John calling out Marquez

He offers a fight in Singapore at 135 lbs...Marquez said why not?
Personally I don't like the idea. Jmm has nothing to prove avenging that defeat ( controversial by the way)
Stay in America where you have plenty to pick and big bucks to make.
Marquez vs Broner ,Bradley,rios ....
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Chris John calling out Marquez

Make it in Mexico at 140lbs.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
haglerwon
Official GTMSBT Marquez
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1002

I'd love to see Marquez rematch John, but if I were JMM I'd make him come up to 140 at least.
haglerwon is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

WBA Fighter of the Decade Chris “The Dragon” John (48-0-2, 22 KOs) wants to fight Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40 KOs) again. While Marquez is not committing to another fight just yet following his stunning victory over Manny Pacquiao yesterday, John, the current undefeated WBA World Featherweight Champion is willing to give Marquez another shot at his title. “I have beaten Marquez once and I will beat him again, I want the fight,” said John.

Chris John defeated Marquez in 2006 in Indonesia and wants to fight him at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. “I hope they can bring Marquez to Singapore, Marina Bay Sands is the best venue I have ever fought in. I know Marquez very well. I have defeated him in the ring and we have both fought together at the MGM Grand when I fought Rocky Juarez twice as the co-main events to his fights with Juan Diaz and Floyd Mayweather,” John said.

John also wants the fight at Marina Bay Sands because it would mean fighting on neutral ground and at a great venue. “I will fight Marquez at any weight because it would be a big money fight. I’ve stayed at Featherweight my entire career because I have wanted to break the record of the longest reigning featherweight champion,” said John.

“We are the same height but I have a 5cm reach advantage, I am a much better boxer and I have more speed and skill than Marquez. He is a massive puncher, he knocked Pacquiao out with one clean punch, and it is my job to make sure I do not get hit with the same punch.”
Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
box247
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

If Marquez wants the fight, he should tell Chris John to travel to Mexico or the US.
Even then will it generate him much money, with the win on Saturday Marquez should take an opponent which the fans will want to watch and make him some $$$.
box247 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

John has spent the last years fighting nobodies in Indonesia , Marquez has been fighting the best from 135-147. Marquez doesn't need John at all.
I agree, if John wants to fight,get your ass down in Mexico at 140 .
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

**** it, why not?
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #8
haglerwon
Official GTMSBT Marquez
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
John has spent the last years fighting nobodies in Indonesia , Marquez has been fighting the best from 135-147. Marquez doesn't need John at all.
I agree, if John wants to fight,get your ass down in Mexico at 140 .
John seems to have delusions of relevance. He's a very good fighter but he's in no position to be dictating terms and locations to JMM at this point in the game.
haglerwon is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #9
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
WBA Fighter of the Decade Chris “The Dragon” John (48-0-2, 22 KOs) wants to fight Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40 KOs) again. While Marquez is not committing to another fight just yet following his stunning victory over Manny Pacquiao yesterday, John, the current undefeated WBA World Featherweight Champion is willing to give Marquez another shot at his title. “I have beaten Marquez once and I will beat him again, I want the fight,” said John.

Chris John defeated Marquez in 2006 in Indonesia and wants to fight him at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. “I hope they can bring Marquez to Singapore, Marina Bay Sands is the best venue I have ever fought in. I know Marquez very well. I have defeated him in the ring and we have both fought together at the MGM Grand when I fought Rocky Juarez twice as the co-main events to his fights with Juan Diaz and Floyd Mayweather,” John said.

John also wants the fight at Marina Bay Sands because it would mean fighting on neutral ground and at a great venue. “I will fight Marquez at any weight because it would be a big money fight. I’ve stayed at Featherweight my entire career because I have wanted to break the record of the longest reigning featherweight champion,” said John.

“We are the same height but I have a 5cm reach advantage, I am a much better boxer and I have more speed and skill than Marquez. He is a massive puncher, he knocked Pacquiao out with one clean punch, and it is my job to make sure I do not get hit with the same punch.”

OK buddy!
irishny is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #10
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
**** it, why not?

such an epic avatar
Doc is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #11
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704

Did he actually say "CO main event" ?
Daruf is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #12
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 880

Why the hell would Marquez fight in Singapore? I would question whether it is truly neutral ground anyway; Singapore has a large Indonesian community, and John fought there his last two fights.
qwert is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #13
HenrySwanson

vCash: 112

Hopefully Marquez will fight and defeat Bradley and then retire. Although if Marquez chooses to retire now, that's fair enough.
HenrySwanson is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
awayfromhome
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Location: on the road a lot living between Australia, Uk, Asia and Canada.

If the money is right why not - but I expect the money would only be a fraction of Marquez's other options -btw the only thing controversial in the last fight was the extremely remote location Marqez had to get to - and that he says he was unable to sleep before the fight - for any who actually watched the fight it was a clear John victory.
awayfromhome is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #15
edouardleniqueu
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

make the fight
edouardleniqueu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum