Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #16
ei.goud

vCash: 500
Default Re: Your opinion about Pac/JMM 4

wondered why after the fight it was announced as a tko win and not a ko ??
ei.goud is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #17
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
I guess the right hand that put Pac on his ass was a lucky punch too, so was the one that hurt Pac in the 5th, so was the one that put down the sparring partner 3 weeks ago.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Great examinations. He also stopped Casamayor with a right hand in a gif I couldn't find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
No, it wasn't a lucky punch, it was a greatly timed punch - the luck about it was that Pacquiao left his chin open at a time when Marquez was really struggling - it was a life saver of an opportunity and it's lucky it arrived at that time. But the punch itself was brilliantly executed and timed.

Pacquiao looked far from shot - Pacquiao is not the first champion to take a punch like this. Look at Lennox Lewis against Rahman who is far inferior or Paul Wililams against Sergio. If you're off balance, falling forward with your chin exposed and someone bangs you with a punch you don't see you're down, no matter how good you are or how good your chin is.

Pacquiao looked far from a finished fighter, apart from the reckless wild punch that lead to his KO, it was almost vintage Pacquiao and Marquez was struggling big time

But the KO can have psychological effects - Pacquiao can go the way of Cotto or the way of Lennox Lewis
Pacquiao is mentally strong in the ring but these past years I've always questioned his desire of the sport. Not to say he would be impressive against Mosley and Bradley circa 08-09 but he would've tried harder for sure. Thing he should beat Rios and hang em up if not do it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCep View Post
Who is better - Pac or JMM - is kind of a dull debate. They both offer something different but equally great, however, I think Manny's career achievements clearly surpass those of JMM.

Pac is a full-time boxer, he's one of the most consistent and active around. Just because he has interests outside doesn't automatically mean they are detrimental to his boxing career. All fighters who reach a certain level of success have external interests. At least Pac has Arum to do the legwork.

Can see Manny still being ahead of JMM(Barrera and Cotto wins) but H2H I gotta go with Marquez. I still thank them for an entertaining series that I feel should've ended last night. Wish they both retire honestly and have their health intact.
techks is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #18
Suga
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotnaman View Post
IIRC the 144 catchweight was a JMM camp demand, might be wrong though.
No they went on compromise with that. They would prefer it at 135-140, but since Pac is a welterweight fighter they were forced to compromise
Suga is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #19
Suga
Belt holder
ESB Addict

H2H Marquez is definately better. But boxing history will definately rate Pac higher when it comes to accomplishments
Suga is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #20
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suga View Post
H2H Marquez is definately better. But boxing history will definately rate Pac higher when it comes to accomplishments
Case with many greats. Norton had the better of Ali head to head, no doubt. Holyfield the better of Tyson but Tyson will always be rated higher. Foreman the better of Frazier but Frazier probably rated higher...stylistically you will likely always meet your match. And for Pacquiao, read Marquez.
Miguel is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #21
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Great examinations. He also stopped Casamayor with a right hand in a gif I couldn't find.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/bklynzown584/media/jm-marquez_joel-casamayor.gif.html?filters[term]=Marquez%20vs%20Casamayor&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=3
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #22
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by esrotak View Post
First of all, props to Marquez for that very impressive KO win over Pac. Honestly, I was shocked and I know for a fact that the whole world felt the same way. My question is... "Does (Pac/JMM-4) fight prove that Marquez is better than Pac? I'm not trying to be a pactard here but I think that they are really evenly matched. It just happened that Marquez got that punch (should I say lucky punch?) landed, which ended the fight.

I think Pac needs to make a crucial decision at this moment, be a full time boxer or just retire from boxing. I don't think Pac is shot (watch the 4th round). If he decides to fight again, I want Pac/Marquez 5. That 4th round is a flashback of the young Pacman and Marquez.
What can I say....the fight was epic. It encompassed everything a truly great fight has. Two great fighters...a Great rivalry.... Lots of skills...lots of action, knockdowns, blood, broken bones and a climactic come from behind KO that sealed the deal.

What more can you ask for from a fight of this magnitude.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #23
Suga
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRIGAN View Post
Marquez was getting busted up and looked like he was the one going to be stopped.
Doesnt matter. He was looking for a hard counterpunch this time and not a points decision so he can get screwed again
Suga is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #24
Villa28
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suga View Post
Doesnt matter. He was looking for a hard counterpunch this time and not a points decision so he can get screwed again

Villa28 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #25
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by esrotak View Post
First of all, props to Marquez for that very impressive KO win over Pac. Honestly, I was shocked and I know for a fact that the whole world felt the same way. My question is... "Does (Pac/JMM-4) fight prove that Marquez is better than Pac? I'm not trying to be a pactard here but I think that they are really evenly matched. It just happened that Marquez got that punch (should I say lucky punch?) landed, which ended the fight.

I think Pac needs to make a crucial decision at this moment, be a full time boxer or just retire from boxing. I don't think Pac is shot (watch the 4th round). If he decides to fight again, I want Pac/Marquez 5. That 4th round is a flashback of the young Pacman and Marquez.
It proves that both of thse guys are 50/50 against each other. While Pacquiao was winning the 4th fight, it was still a 50/50 affair till the finishing punch landed. By winning decisively, Marquez definitely proves he's better to the public for now. In my view, these guys will always bring a 50/50 type of fight. Hard for me to consider anyone better than the other, they're both on the same level to me.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

**** you Doc, that KO doesnt resemble the 6th rd KO. The Pac KO was a well timed counter and he sat on it. The gif you just showed was Juan fighting a glassjawed bum.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #27
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
It proves that both of thse guys are 50/50 against each other. While Pacquiao was winning the 4th fight, it was still a 50/50 affair till the finishing punch landed. By winning decisively, Marquez definitely proves he's better to the public for now. In my view, these guys will always bring a 50/50 type of fight. Hard for me to consider anyone better than the other, they're both on the same level to me.
The 4th fight doesnt clearly define who really won the last 3 fights. end of.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #28
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

My opinion is that is was the best result I could have hoped for, I loved seeing JMM spark pac out like that, its been a long time coming... I only pray that the same thing happens to floyd before he retires.

As I said when it happened... 1 scumbag piece of shit down, 1 to go
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #29
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRIGAN View Post
Marquez was getting busted up and looked like he was the one going to be stopped.
Those words hold zero importance... but these ones do.... KO 6
Old 12-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #30
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
This post confirms you cannot be taken serious were pacquiao is concerned, and change that avater to a pacquiao one ffs, your not fooling anyone

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum