Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #31
Alexandra park
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

The italian who beat derry wld be better but derry wld be better than walsh or ocampo. Prescott wld be quality. Genuinely think hed take it, ricky wld win and his kudos wld be done no harm either
Alexandra park is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #32
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco666 View Post

Craney you trolling again? Its eather that or your insane.
Your view on Ricky Burns fans doesnt exsist in reality. Your getting all sarcy over something you've totally made up yourself. ****ing loon
Not trolling at all.

Its seems this is the only thing that the Burns fanclub can come up with now, when they know you are right, you are a "troll" because they dont like what they hear. THE TRUTH HURTS. This group does exist, I've seen it time and time again here. So just stop trying to discredit that. Its BS.

Notice how its always the same few that keep coming back? I touched on this earlier, whenever the Ricky's name is mentioned, they are here soon enough. And if they actually read what i say, I've said a million and one times I've nothing against Ricky Burns, the man seems like a top man, and we need more people like this in boxing. What I dont like from time to time, is his trainers attitude, and this group of fanboys. Mostly Scottish lads.

Always the same handful of people, which proves my point of this deluded blind zombie fanclub on here.

I'm stating to get pretty confident that we have some plants/shills/stooges on here. Trying to discredit relevant points in order to twist it around on the person who made the point, so everyone can point the finger at the one who went against the "norm".

Put it this way, if you were a promoter in this day and age, or around a fighter, this is what you would do. You know how important PR is on the internet and in the public eye. In order to make said fight seem better than he is, and to play down all the critics as just trolls.

It must be that Ricky Burns is Scottish and you finally have something to hold onto, and you wont take anything anybody else says because he is "your boy"......I said it before, nobody will make you realize on here, until "your boy" gets beaten.

Even if Broner beats "your man", because we know this group move the goalposts anyway, it'll be "Broner is still shit" or "Ricky has nothing to be ashamed of"

Mark my words.

(.....and I'll be here when it happens, not to gloat or laugh, just to say I told you so.)

Peace.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #33
Daviddee1983
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Not trolling at all.

Its seems this is the only thing that the Burns fanclub can come up with now, when they know you are right, you are a "troll" because they dont like what they hear. THE TRUTH HURTS. This group does exist, I've seen it time and time again here. So just stop trying to discredit that. Its BS.

Notice how its always the same few that keep coming back? I touched on this earlier, whenever the Ricky's name is mentioned, they are here soon enough. And if they actually read what i say, I've said a million and one times I've nothing against Ricky Burns, the man seems like a top man, and we need more people like this in boxing. What I dont like from time to time, is his trainers attitude, and this group of fanboys. Mostly Scottish lads.

Always the same handful of people, which proves my point of this deluded blind zombie fanclub on here.

I'm stating to get pretty confident that we have some plants/shills/stooges on here. Trying to discredit relevant points in order to twist it around on the person who made the point, so everyone can point the finger at the one who went against the "norm".

Put it this way, if you were a promoter in this day and age, or around a fighter, this is what you would do. You know how important PR is on the internet and in the public eye. In order to make said fight seem better than he is, and to play down all the critics as just trolls.

It must be that Ricky Burns is Scottish and you finally have something to hold onto, and you wont take anything anybody else says because he is "your boy"......I said it before, nobody will make you realize on here, until "your boy" gets beaten.

Even if Broner beats "your man", because we know this group move the goalposts anyway, it'll be "Broner is still shit" or "Ricky has nothing to be ashamed of"

Mark my words.

(.....and I'll be here when it happens, not to gloat or laugh, just to say I told you so.)

Peace.
Is there seriously something wrong with you?? No one can guarantee if Ricky would beat Broner or not both are genuinely world class.. Someone for us Scots to hold on too?? Ricky is a great boxer and a nice guy aswell and your coming on making a cunt out of yourself.. If Broner beats Ricky he's the best in the world at that weight the same vice versa Ricky would be the best.

At this elite level it comes down to belief and if Billy and Ricky didn't believe he could win what would be the point in fighting anyone.. There is a mentality if they are Scottish or Welsh the aren't as good as the English.. Rubbish we are all made of flesh and bone.. Both are just men at the end of the day no one is invincible.. I hope Ricky beats Broner and believe that he has the attributes to do it.. Same as I want Cleverly,Fury,Price,Khan,Brook all to be the best in the world. I'd prefer someone British to be world champion and I hate England probably as much as it sounds like you hate Scotland
Daviddee1983 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #34
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviddee1983 View Post
Is there seriously something wrong with you?? No one can guarantee if Ricky would beat Broner or not both are genuinely world class.. Someone for us Scots to hold on too?? Ricky is a great boxer and a nice guy aswell and your coming on making a cunt out of yourself.. If Broner beats Ricky he's the best in the world at that weight the same vice versa Ricky would be the best.

At this elite level it comes down to belief and if Billy and Ricky didn't believe he could win what would be the point in fighting anyone.. There is a mentality if they are Scottish or Welsh the aren't as good as the English.. Rubbish we are all made of flesh and bone.. Both are just men at the end of the day no one is invincible.. I hope Ricky beats Broner and believe that he has the attributes to do it.. Same as I want Cleverly,Fury,Price,Khan,Brook all to be the best in the world. I'd prefer someone British to be world champion and I hate England probably as much as it sounds like you hate Scotland
I dont hate Scotland, I dont hate anyone here. Im pointing out the facts, I said this before regarding the Scottish fanbase. They FINALLY have something to hold onto in sport again, there own Scottish fighter, hero, champion, whatever. Its about pride at the end of the day, its not like you lot can rely on your football teams.

But this is clouding peoples thoughts, and whether you like it or not, this group does exist, like it exists around Ricky Hatton or anybody else. This deluded fanboy culture who will stand by their fighter no matter what, no matter if its complete BS. The fighter can do and say no wrong, and when they get shocked/proved wrong, they try to move the goalposts.

Its no different from football supporters and supporting their team. Its tribal. Thats why I dont attach myself to a fighter or support them like some of you do. I try to remain neutral. But I dont know whether your reading this part or not, but I dont mind Ricky Burns, he seems like a top guy and a good boxer.

But I think the fanboys ignore that bit when I say it, and look at the rest to have some sort of go at, as usual.

What I dont like is the fanclub around the fighter, and the attitude of the trainer at times, towards some boxing fans.

No, I dont fit into that demographic stereotype, of a piss head that goes to fights looking to get into a scrap, like Billy would probably assume, "just another dickhead and troll" type of thing.

For one I dont drink, and for two I dont go to fights anymore, and for three, I'm not trolling, Im providing a clear, alternative, and different opinion to some of you, which sometimes may be different to the "norm"....that doesnt make anybody a troll.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #35
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I dont hate Scotland, I dont hate anyone here. Im pointing out the facts, I said this before regarding the Scottish fanbase. They FINALLY have something to hold onto in sport again, there own Scottish fighter, hero, champion, whatever. Its about pride at the end of the day, its not like you lot can rely on your football teams.

But this is clouding peoples thoughts, and whether you like it or not, this group does exist, like it exists around Ricky Hatton or anybody else. This deluded fanboy culture who will stand by their fighter no matter what, no matter if its complete BS. The fighter can do and say no wrong, and when they get shocked/proved wrong, they try to move the goalposts.

Its no different from football supporters and supporting their team. Its tribal. Thats why I dont attach myself to a fighter or support them like some of you do. I try to remain neutral. But I dont know whether your reading this part or not, but I dont mind Ricky Burns, he seems like a top guy and a good boxer.

But I think the fanboys ignore that bit when I say it, and look at the rest to have some sort of go at, as usual.

What I dont like is the fanclub around the fighter, and the attitude of the trainer at times, towards some boxing fans.

No, I dont fit into that demographic stereotype, of a piss head that goes to fights looking to get into a scrap, like Billy would probably assume, "just another dickhead and troll" type of thing.

For one I dont drink, and for two I dont go to fights anymore, and for three, I'm not trolling, Im providing a clear, alternative, and different opinion to some of you, which sometimes may be different to the "norm"....that doesnt make anybody a troll.
It's not clear or indeed factual!
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #36
Daviddee1983
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:

For one I dont drink, and for two I dont go to fights anymore, and for three, I'm not trolling, Im providing a clear, alternative, and different opinion to some of you, which sometimes may be different to the "norm"....that doesnt make
anybody a troll.

But what's your point no one is blinded and thinks Ricky is invincible.. Or have I misread this someplace?? In most people's opinion this fight is probably a 70-30 fight in favour of Broner. Billy is confident in Ricky's ability what is wrong with that? There isn't a massive following for boxing up here in Scotland and in honesty Scottish fans don't care win or lose we are going to have fun.. It's just sport at the end of the day so your barking up the wrong tree.

I'm a boxing fan and I think Ricky is a world class boxer can he beat Broner definately.. Will he beat Broner I don't know.. I don't really get your point?? Do you not think Ricky is World Class?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #37
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviddee1983 View Post
But what's your point no one is blinded and thinks Ricky is invincible.. Or have I misread this someplace?? In most people's opinion this fight is probably a 70-30 fight in favour of Broner. Billy is confident in Ricky's ability what is wrong with that? There isn't a massive following for boxing up here in Scotland and in honesty Scottish fans don't care win or lose we are going to have fun.. It's just sport at the end of the day so your barking up the wrong tree.

I'm a boxing fan and I think Ricky is a world class boxer can he beat Broner definately.. Will he beat Broner I don't know.. I don't really get your point?? Do you not think Ricky is World Class?
Potentially there is a very big following in Scotland,Ricky got 10,000 at the secc last fight and will build on that I'm sure
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #38
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1022

Can they get Anders Eveson over. I've been waiting for that rematch.
richard mossley is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #39
Daviddee1983
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Potentially there is a very big following in Scotland,Ricky got 10,000 at the secc last fight and will build on that I'm sure
I mean in comparison to mainstream sports like football.. I'm sure a big fight could get a big crowd in one of the stadiums
Old 12-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #40
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

10,000 in the secc was massive for burns bar rangers and celtic most teams struggle to get 5,000 in the spl
Robert is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #41
Llanlad
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Im providing a clear, alternative, and different opinion to some of you, which sometimes may be different to the "norm"....that doesnt make anybody a troll.
Funny that .. because Dai kinda says the same thing.

You must really not get much attention irl to crave so much attention on here.

Its nothing to do with providing a clear, alternative, and different opinion ... its solely someone lonely wanting interaction.
Llanlad is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #42
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:

Correct Craney.You do provide an alternative opinion but you and I know you'd have a lot less fun on here if Ricky Burns wasn't champion or was signed to fight Broner.

My only real problem with you is that you make sweeping generalisations,asserting that the vast majority of Burns fans assume he will destroy Broner and follow him blindly,regardless of feelings about opposition.
The vast majority of Ricky Burns fans in here are amongst the most grounded and realistic on the forum,and the only "controversial" opinion they have is that some of them believe Ricky can beat Broner.
Good for them.Would you rather fans of British boxers went around expecting their guy to lose?
You know we're not happy about this fight,but stop giving people unfamiliar with the subject the impression that we're all like the most deluded Klittards on the General please.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #43
B.A.S.
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
10,000 in the secc was massive for burns bar rangers and celtic most teams struggle to get 5,000 in the spl
Away and take your mouth for a shite ya nugget.
B.A.S. is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #44
hitandhope
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
The vast majority of Ricky Burns fans in here are amongst the most grounded and realistic on the forum,and the only "controversial" opinion they have is that some of them believe Ricky can beat Broner.
No idea why Craney thinks this forum is a hotbed of Burns support. Ricky gets a depressingly predictable lack of general support on here, same as most successful British fighters.

As for the fight, we all know Mitchell is going to get another chance sooner or later.
hitandhope is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #45
Daviddee1983
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitandhope View Post
No idea why Craney thinks this forum is a hotbed of Burns support. Ricky gets a depressingly predictable lack of general support on here, same as most successful British fighters.

As for the fight, we all know Mitchell is going to get another chance sooner or later.
Only if its a fully prepared Mitchell haha

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum