Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #361
cutthroat22

vCash: 213
Lightbulb Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Yea mines like that, there are a lot of big guys in my gym but none seem to bother lifting too heavy or using the strongman stuff, I go on the day though and I think it's a different scene on a night time. I've set my aim at 10-15 reps and I'll be happy with that no matter where it places me. Does your new place have atlas stones? Just getting into them although the gym only has two.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #362
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Yeah, has 4 atlas stones, not sure of the weights though. Also has 2 large rocks (think they're around the same weight as the stones just awkward shape to pick up), 2 large 75kg steel plates, 2 logs, 100kg "walk of pain" cross, silver dollar, 2 power cages, reverse hyper, glute ham raise frame, super yoke, sled, mono lift, farmers walk torpedos, 130kg tyre, chains, bands, lifting platform, a few different bars and the usual machines and weights. ****ing beautiful.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #363
cutthroat22

Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

That sounds amazing! Are you in the u.s?
You're gonna have some right sessions at the new gym, is equipment the main reason for changing gyms? I think the atlas stones at the gym I go to are 60kg and 80kg, think stones are pretty cheap to buy.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #364
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
That sounds amazing! Are you in the u.s?
Na, UK, just outside Birmingham.

Quote:
You're gonna have some right sessions at the new gym, is equipment the main reason for changing gyms? I think the atlas stones at the gym I go to are 60kg and 80kg, think stones are pretty cheap to buy.
Yeah, changed for the equipment. I tried doing glute ham raises on the lat pull down machine at my old place which was more a fitness centre, the pin popped out the pads so I pretty much landed flat on my face, that's when i decided to get out of that shithole.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #365
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Unfortantly these no "hardcore" gyms round where i live. Wish there was theres alot of excercises i wish i could do but don't have the equipment
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #366
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

How much water should I be drinking? Some people on forums are taking in 5-8 litres on average which I find absurd. I've upped my intake to about 2.5 litres and I'm pissing every half an hour :/
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #367
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

There's no need to carry around a 5litre jug like some people do, just drink so your piss is clear is general guidline.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #368
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

OK. Gonna have to find a good measure between enough water and too much piss. Got told off last night at work for going toilet too often lol. I told the manager I was just upping my water intake because I wasn't getting enough previously and it was hindering my gainzzzzzzz mayne. Bertstare back at me.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #369
cutthroat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
There's no need to carry around a 5litre jug like some people do, just drink so your piss is clear is general guidline.
Even if your taking vitamins? My piss is bright yellow.

Pichuchu have a look on the net, a lot of 'hardcore' gyms are hidden away in random warehouses. Turns out there's two near my house I'd never knew where there.

I practiced the 65kg log today, can see me getting royally shown up ha, bit tougher than military press.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #370
cutthroat22

Ignore

Last edited by cutthroat22; 12-11-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #371
det
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hi, just wondering if using a supplement would be of benefit to me. I train 4 times in a boxing gym for 1.15 hrs a time. Also do kettleballs twice a week, sprints, and 5 a side. Im planning on having my first contest at heavyweight mid 2013. Atm im 14.9 stone, 6 4" and wouldnt mind gaining a bit if weight. Theres that much to choose from its a minefield. My mate gave me some phd synergy iso7,not sure if thats any good? Trying to eat more too ofcourse,but i was thinking supplements may help too.

Thanks for any advice.
det is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #372
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Even if your taking vitamins? My piss is bright yellow.

Pichuchu have a look on the net, a lot of 'hardcore' gyms are hidden away in random warehouses. Turns out there's two near my house I'd never knew where there.

I practiced the 65kg log today, can see me getting royally shown up ha, bit tougher than military press.
If you're taking a multi then I'd just say to use common sense mate, sip water throughout the day and drink plenty around heavy workouts and I can't see there being an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by det View Post
Hi, just wondering if using a supplement would be of benefit to me. I train 4 times in a boxing gym for 1.15 hrs a time. Also do kettleballs twice a week, sprints, and 5 a side. Im planning on having my first contest at heavyweight mid 2013. Atm im 14.9 stone, 6 4" and wouldnt mind gaining a bit if weight. Theres that much to choose from its a minefield. My mate gave me some phd synergy iso7,not sure if thats any good? Trying to eat more too ofcourse,but i was thinking supplements may help too.

Thanks for any advice.
Yep, there are a lot of products out there that have very extraordinary claims behind them. I'd focus on getting diet nailed down first before worrying about anything else.

Track your calories and weight for a while and see what happens on the scale, then adjust accordingly. If you find getting the calories in tough, then maybe buy a protein powder or something
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #373
cutthroat22

I was more making the point its probably have to drink about twenty liters to turn my piss clear whilst on this multi. How's the training going? Looking pretty shredded in the fb pic.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #374
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I was more making the point its probably have to drink about twenty liters to turn my piss clear whilst on this multi. How's the training going? Looking pretty shredded in the fb pic.
Yeah I mean I wouldn't worry about having to drink enough to have clear piss when you're taking a multi, loads of them are pretty highly dosed; just a general guidline for most really.

Going good mate, taking a deload next week as I'm going away and will only have access to a shitty gym. The FB pic was about 6 weeks prior the leanest I've been I think. How's it going with you? I see you're enjoying the split I recommended
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #375
cutthroat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Yeah I mean I wouldn't worry about having to drink enough to have clear piss when you're taking a multi, loads of them are pretty highly dosed; just a general guidline for most really.

Going good mate, taking a deload next week as I'm going away and will only have access to a shitty gym. The FB pic was about 6 weeks prior the leanest I've been I think. How's it going with you? I see you're enjoying the split I recommended
Where you off to?
Yea really enjoying it, really enjoying doing more leg days, my calfs are looking pretty mental from it ha.

All my lifts are increasing accept deads so I'd really like to sort that somehow.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing