boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,964
vCash: 302
Default NY Times suspicious of Márquez

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This time, Marquez managed to give a definitive answer, a sixth-round knockout that left Pacquiao face down on the canvas, and raise a few dozen or so questions. The first and most obvious concerned those biceps and shoulders and forearms, all so much larger than before.
Marquez climbed into the ring looking less like a boxer and more like a bodybuilder. That in recent years he began to train with Angel Guillermo Heredia, an admitted steroids dealer who testified for the government in the Balco scandal and went by several names, fueled speculation. The difference in size and sculpture was too obvious to ignore. And this at 39.

Mamerto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,252
vCash: 448
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Just stating the obvious.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,766
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Heredia prouds himself on being able to supply his athletes with performance enhancing drugs such as HGH/anabolic steroids and helping them pass tests by way of simply popping a few pills.

Why would Marquez work with him? Because he helps him with a nutritional program? Come on....


I love Marquez, a great fighter and a great boxer.. PEDs don't make his legacy, his skills do. But I am utterly convinced he's on them.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Why would Marquez work with him? Because he helps him with a nutritional program? Come on....
Umm yeah. That would actually be a good reason.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamerto View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This time, Marquez managed to give a definitive answer, a sixth-round knockout that left Pacquiao face down on the canvas, and raise a few dozen or so questions. The first and most obvious concerned those biceps and shoulders and forearms, all so much larger than before.
Marquez climbed into the ring looking less like a boxer and more like a bodybuilder. That in recent years he began to train with Angel Guillermo Heredia, an admitted steroids dealer who testified for the government in the Balco scandal and went by several names, fueled speculation. The difference in size and sculpture was too obvious to ignore. And this at 39.

Anyone that believes you can't make the gains Marquez made in a year is a pencil necked nerd whose never been in a weight room in their lives and deserve nothing but scorn and derision and copious amounts of swirlies.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,766
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Umm yeah. That would actually be a good reason.
There are hundreds of known nutrional experts out there without a background in performance enhancing drugs.

I'm not trying to discredit JMM, I think Ariza is as much a supplier as Heredia.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,766
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Anyone that believes you can't make the gains Marquez made in a year is a pencil necked nerd whose never been in a weight room in their lives and deserve nothing but scorn and derision and copious amounts of swirlies.
It's not about just gains, its about functional gains.

There's a difference.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 1276
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

You get the overriding feeling that if it wasn't Pacquiao on the end of this, there wouldn't be a word about it. Can understand that in a way, he's a likable guy, but it's not justification for accusing a fighter.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,766
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

PEDs are rampant in our sport, lets not dig our heads into the sand and be naive.

JMM is a great fighter, nobody can rob him from this sweet sweet victory.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #10
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 28,647
vCash: 590
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

When the results come in then they can talk about it.
Until talk about your ****y streets & huge RAT problem.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 33,422
vCash: 372
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamerto View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This time, Marquez managed to give a definitive answer, a sixth-round knockout that left Pacquiao face down on the canvas, and raise a few dozen or so questions. The first and most obvious concerned those biceps and shoulders and forearms, all so much larger than before.
Marquez climbed into the ring looking less like a boxer and more like a bodybuilder. That in recent years he began to train with Angel Guillermo Heredia, an admitted steroids dealer who testified for the government in the Balco scandal and went by several names, fueled speculation. The difference in size and sculpture was too obvious to ignore. And this at 39.

Marquez barely looked supernatural in the ring to be suspicious. If anything, Pacquiao looked amazing with his adjustments, head movement and consistency more than Marquez. Pacquiao was leading in this fight, not Marquez. Pathetic and unprofessional from the NY Times.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #12
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,390
vCash: 75
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Heredia prouds himself on being able to supply his athletes with performance enhancing drugs such as HGH/anabolic steroids and helping them pass tests by way of simply popping a few pills.

Why would Marquez work with him? Because he helps him with a nutritional program? Come on....


I love Marquez, a great fighter and a great boxer.. PEDs don't make his legacy, his skills do. But I am utterly convinced he's on them.
Couldn't have said it better.

PED use is the culture in athletics nowadays. Users aren't really an exception anymore.
JMP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #13
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,766
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Marquez barely looked supernatural in the ring to be suspicious. If anything, Pacquiao looked amazing with his adjustments, head movement and consistency more than Marquez. Pacquiao was leading in this fight, not Marquez. Pathetic and unprofessional from the NY Times.
Marquez short circuited Mannys brains with a solid right hand counter.

It had more to do with JMM's boxing ability than anything he had in his system.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #14
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,480
vCash: 704
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Marquez barely looked supernatural in the ring to be suspicious. If anything, Pacquiao looked amazing with his adjustments, head movement and consistency more than Marquez. Pacquiao was leading in this fight, not Marquez. Pathetic and unprofessional from the NY Times.
I wonder why so few people noticed that, Pac looked the best i had seen in a very long time.
That said i also noticed quite early on that JMM had a completely different gameplan, he had no intention whatsoever trying to compete on the rounds.
Daruf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #15
LondonRingRules
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,814
vCash: 500
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Anyone that believes you can't make the gains Marquez made in a year is a pencil necked nerd whose never been in a weight room in their lives and deserve nothing but scorn and derision and copious amounts of swirlies.
This. In reality if someone wanted to gain muscle for purely appearance, the gains Marquez has made in a year would be considered poor. you would not need any form of steroids to gain more than double what Marquez has gained.
LondonRingRules is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015