Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #46
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

OK just out of curiosity and demographic.

Where are you all from?
craney91 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #47
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitandhope View Post
No idea why Craney thinks this forum is a hotbed of Burns support. Ricky gets a depressingly predictable lack of general support on here, same as most successful British fighters.

As for the fight, we all know Mitchell is going to get another chance sooner or later.
What's worse is that since Broner beat the predictable and slightly plodding DeMarco,there seems to be actual hate coming towards Ricky,and he's probably the least hateable sportsman out there,even for Rangers fans!
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #48
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post

Where are you all from?
Cincinatti.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #49
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The reason I ask is because I want to find out where this confrontation, resistance, tension, friction against me is coming from. Every time I mention Ricky Burns, the same crew jump in to pick apart whats new. So just out of curiosity more than anything, where are you from, if your English, but live abroad or elsewhere, its about where you originate from. I want to find out if all this resistance is coming mainly from Burns supporters in Scotland, or from Scotland.

I've got a feeling that out of lets say 10 people, at least 8 will be from Scotland.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #50
Daviddee1983
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
The reason I ask is because I want to find out where this confrontation, resistance, tension, friction against me is coming from. Every time I mention Ricky Burns, the same crew jump in to pick apart whats new. So just out of curiosity more than anything, where are you from, if your English, but live abroad or elsewhere, its about where you originate from. I want to find out if all this resistance is coming mainly from Burns supporters in Scotland, or from Scotland.

I've got a feeling that out of lets say 10 people, at least 8 will be from Scotland.
It doesn't matter where people are from you have no point.. It makes no sense..
Daviddee1983 is online now  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #51
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviddee1983 View Post
It doesn't matter where people are from you have no point.. It makes no sense..
No it does, its a major point. I want to find out where these fans are coming from, where this conflict to my view is coming from. This confrontation whenever the name is mentioned, this resistance, its like tug of war, but I'm not getting involved with that game, but there are people here glued onto their end of the rope, pulling it, with nobody at the other end.

Im not interested in the argument and friction, what I do find interesting is why this group keep shooting at me regarding Ricky Burns.

So I genuinely want to find out if most of this group are from Scotland or not. Because it would explain an awful lot to me.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #52
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
No it does, its a major point. I want to find out where these fans are coming from, where this conflict to my view is coming from. This confrontation whenever the name is mentioned, this resistance, its like tug of war, but I'm not getting involved with that game, but there are people here glued onto their end of the rope, pulling it, with nobody at the other end.

Im not interested in the argument and friction, what I do find interesting is why this group keep shooting at me regarding Ricky Burns.

So I genuinely want to find out if most of this group are from Scotland or not. Because it would explain an awful lot to me.
If it wasn't a subject close to my heart I'd actually quite enjoy where you're going with this Craney.
It's almost very well played.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #53
Daviddee1983
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I don't really understand what it will explain I cant see anyone actually saying what your saying they are.. I think if anything Burns is very under rated on here. There is more haters than fans?? Shall I ask where they are from because 9/10 will be from England.. To be honest I don't care. I want Burns to win nothing wrong with that.. I'm from Dundee in Scotland. If Ricky got beat would I still be a fan of course.. If you support a football team and they get beat would you support someone else No it's loyalty.. People are giving you shit because your basically slagging off a nice guy who works extremely hard.. Is genuinely a World Class fighter that's the only reason no because we are Scottish..

What's the point your trying to make do you feel Ricky isn't as good as we think?
Daviddee1983 is online now  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #54
rossco666
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Where are you all from?
Of course most Burns fans will be scottish, the point people are trying to make is you seem to have this fantasy [if your not trolling] that there's some kind of Burns fanboy club going about ESB telling everybody burns will, as you say ''smash everyone in his path!'' From what ive read on here in a year or so there's been no Burns fans with any unrealistic views on what he can achieve, appart from the odd trolling in the general ive never seen it.

You need to knock this shit on the head Craney, its getting old now.
rossco666 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #55
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I've said before that Burns is vastly improved and a very good boxer. A top man also, and we need more of this in boxing. I rate Billy Nelson as a trainer to, even though his attitude stinks on here from time to time.

So its got nout do with that.

My "problem" (if you can even call it that, because Im not really bothered) isnt with Ricky Burns. Its the group that surrounds him. I know people are trying to downplay it, and say this group doesn't exist, but it has done before and it will do on here.

You can see it because of the temperament of the people on here, you only have to say something, and its bish bang bosh, "your a troll and you dont know shit about boxing."

This isnt the first time Ive seen this, I've seen this happen lots over the years with numerous other fighters. So Ricky Burns isnt an exception, he is just another fighter with this type of following.

I have to respect it, because some of you are right behind him, and this must be admired. Even if it can be blind support, the support should be noted.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #56
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
My "problem" (if you can even call it that, because Im not really bothered) isnt with Ricky Burns. Its the group that surrounds him. I know people are trying to downplay it, and say this group doesn't exist, but it has done before and it will do on here.
Are you talking about a Ricky Burns worshipping secret society here on Brit ESB?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

How deep is the rabbit hole...
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #57
EcosseBox
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
10,000 in the secc was massive for burns bar rangers and celtic most teams struggle to get 5,000 in the spl
It was a great crowd that night. That new arena being built outside the SECC could also be a good future venue.

As shite as it is, most SPL teams do get over 5k.
EcosseBox is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #58
Llanlad
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

There is a touch of bipolar about you craney ..
Llanlad is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #59
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Was it 10,000? I thought the figure was 8000 at the time but then Bunce went and announced it as 10,000 on his show.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #60
Unbreakable1
Journeyman

vCash: 267

Quote:
I've said before that Burns is vastly improved and a very good boxer. A top man also, and we need more of this in boxing. I rate Billy Nelson as a trainer to, even though his attitude stinks on here from time to time.

So its got nout do with that.

You can see it because of the temperament of the people on here, you only have to say something, and its bish bang bosh, "your a troll and you dont know shit about boxing."

This isnt the first time Ive seen this, I've seen this happen lots over the years with numerous other fighters. So Ricky Burns isnt an exception, he is just another fighter with this type of following.

I have to respect it, because some of you are right behind him, and this must be admired. Even if it can be blind support, the support should be noted.
I'm a Burns fan, and yes I'm from Scotland. What difference does that make?

I believe 9 times out of 10 Broner would beat Burns, but what's wrong with when they do fight supporting him and believing that that night could be Burns' night?
Unbreakable1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum