Old 12-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #76
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
You get the overriding feeling that if it wasn't Pacquiao on the end of this, there wouldn't be a word about it. Can understand that in a way, he's a likable guy, but it's not justification for accusing a fighter.
Pac got plenty of shit when he put Hatton to bed, JMM has stagged Pac before..but that's completely different than going to sleep. I'm not saying JMM is definitely on something, but I'm a little suspicious
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #77
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocrato View Post
What bother me is that Marquez said in the interview that those muscle didn't help him. That answer really sounds suspicious to me. If he trained hard for them, then he would have been proud and said "yes", it made a difference.
Great point, I was thinking the same thing. He really sounded like a guilty man pretending to be innocent.

Of course it could be a coincidence. Marquez is a great fighter, regardless. But there's a million strength coaches to choose from - why pick the one who got paid to help athletes drug up without getting caught? That's going to raise suspicion no matter who you are.
ChrisPontius is online now  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #78
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Leave the model minority alone guys.

For 3 years Floyds been asking to take the tests, hes been called a coward, a liar, and lost a lawsuit because of it.

Now that the shoes on the other foot you got the ****ing nytimes accusing a guy who said hed gladly take any tests available of steroids.

Laughable
real fricken talk
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #79
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

JMM works with a prior PEDS dealer for strength and conditioning and improves = on PEDS
Pac works with a trainer who's fighters have been on PEDS and improves = Greatest trainer ever

If JMM is suspicious he's the same or less than Pac, he's actually willing to test up to fight night with random blood and urine..

As it's been said, he didn't seem to be looking to outbox Pac.. He went for the KO almost the whole night, and was losing the fight because of it.. that could be why he got the KO...
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #80
Undisputed
Cant G no other way
ESB Addict

vCash: 961

Where's the outcry for ward working with victor ****en Conte?Andre ward working with the man the supplied Barry bonds and shame Mosley.**** a hater
Undisputed is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #81
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Heredia prouds himself on being able to supply his athletes with performance enhancing drugs such as HGH/anabolic steroids and helping them pass tests by way of simply popping a few pills.

Why would Marquez work with him? Because he helps him with a nutritional program? Come on....

I love Marquez, a great fighter and a great boxer.. PEDs don't make his legacy, his skills do. But I am utterly convinced he's on them.
Like most of profesional boxers are.I dont know what the big deal is anyway,everyone takes them,and yet everyone(fans) are amazed when someone gets caught.
LOL
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #82
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Marquez short circuited Mannys brains with a solid right hand counter.

It had more to do with JMM's boxing ability than anything he had in his system.
BINGO! Mr.Magic
john garfield is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #83
Jr Middleweight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Such ****ing hyperbole. He doesn't even look buffer. Can someone do a side by side comparison.

A bodybuilder? ****ing retarded article.

I'm a testament of what can happen in the weight room. I'm a natural 154ish lber. When I begin to lift and take protein in two months I can easily balloon up to 170lbs. Which is where i'm at right now.

Steroids gives you a completely different more cut and sculpted body. Just look at Vargas.
Jr Middleweight is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #84
EpsilonAxis
HNIC
ESB Addict

vCash: 2296

People are such assholes.

JMM looks the same as he always does. He has ALWAYS had big, broad shoulders and skinny ass legs. Has since he's been moving up in weight.
EpsilonAxis is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #85
Juv
Linsanity is the truth
ESB Senior Member

Has there been a fighter in the HISTORY of boxing who has retained as much speed, stamina, and reflexes as JMM has at the age of 39? Hopkins' physical attributes were in heavy decline by the time he reached that age. We don't have any film of Archie Moore in his physical prime to be able to contrast between his 20's and late 30's.

So basically JMM is doing something that has never been done in the history of boxing.

And for the record, I think JMM and Pac juiced.
Juv is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #86
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

I think its a dangerous precedent to throw out accusations like that without any evidence. Shame on the NY Times. Shame on these new age "reporters"
the_what is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #87
bazza12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed View Post
Where's the outcry for ward working with victor ****en Conte?Andre ward working with the man the supplied Barry bonds and shame Mosley.**** a hater
Andre Ward isn't knocking out people he's fought evenly with three times before with single overhand right's at 39 years of age.
bazza12 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #88
Duckyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Middleweight View Post
Such ****ing hyperbole. He doesn't even look buffer. Can someone do a side by side comparison.

I'm a testament of what can happen in the weight room. I'm a natural 154ish lber. When I begin to lift and take protein in two months I can easily balloon up to 170lbs. Which is where i'm at right now.

Steroids gives you a completely different more cut and sculpted body. Just look at Vargas.
You act like you know what you are saying.

You say you can balloon up when you start taking protein, acting like protein is what causes you get that added weight. Last time I checked protein isn't high in calories and calories are what make you gain weight.

16 lbs in two months. And how much is that muscle?

Steroids gives you more of a cut? Yeah you don't know what you are talking about.
Duckyy is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #89
Revolver
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Poochiao fans crying about steroids is rather funny.
Revolver is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #90
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Middleweight View Post

I've posted comparison pictures many times before. He looks slightly, and i mean barely bigger compared to other weigh in pictures.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum