boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #106
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,136
vCash: 10918
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
If PEDs develop skills and power, almost everyone will have power and supreme skills in this sport. Fact is, Marquez fought as he always did only this time he was clearly looking to hurt Pacquiao with every counter possible. Even in trying that he was actually losing the fight, suffered a concusion, broken nose and cuts. I didn't see anything supernatural or new from Marquez besides his commitment to his punches this time rather than aiming to score rounds/points.
No one said PEDs develop skills but they definitely aid in developing power and stamina.

Marquez fought with more power than he ever had in his career.
His punches in the last fight hurt Manny harder than he was able to ever hurt Manny previously and with the same damn punches and counters. LOL.

Marquez obviously got a tremendous increase in power, why deny it?
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #107
kirk
C1
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ill swallow my Blood before i swallow my Pride
Posts: 25,302
vCash: 2102
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamerto View Post
WTF? You are truly a Pac****.
Not even close.

However, your perception that I am should worry you.... because it means you are so far up JMM's ass that rational thoughts come across as Pac****ism. If you cant see that JMM's head and brow have gotten bigger since their first fight, then youre being willfully blind, or simply dont know what youre looking at. Either or.

Thats truth.
kirk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #108
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,712
vCash: 75
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'el nino' View Post
I just dont think pacquaio really recovered from the first kd.

Having bigger muscles does not make you punch much harder or take a shot better
No, but I don't think it is out of the question that it could be the physical result of a training regime that your body would not be able to handle without outside assistance.
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #109
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 21,301
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMattMatt View Post
The 80s and 90s clearly had a far worse problem with drug use. You would have to be incredibly naive to think that abuse wasn't rampant. You think that it being the norm in an era where testing was even more inadequate is some kind of evidence that modern fighters aren't using?

I wouldn't doubt it but one thing was certain they trained a hell of allot harder ..There weren't as many short cuts or drug dealers (strength and conditioning coaches ) as there are today .
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #110
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamerto View Post
WTF? You are truly a Pac****.
erik morales: "mexicos pharmacy was better"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #111
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 33,265
vCash: 372
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
No one said PEDs develop skills but they definitely aid in developing power and stamina.

Marquez fought with more power than he ever had in his career.
His punches in the last fight hurt Manny harder than he was able to ever hurt Manny previously and with the same damn punches and counters. LOL.

Marquez obviously got a tremendous increase in power, why deny it?
No one is denying anything but power, as previously stated, isn't solely developed through PEDs. What PEDs give are noticeable improvement in stamina, recovery and conditioning. Clearly in this fight Marquez wasn't as fast as he was in the third fight, which is a clear indication that his training this time around was clearly based on power and that took away some speed. Nothing out of the ordinary here and let's face it, this isn't the first time Marquez hurt/rocked Pacquiao, only to a greater extent because of his weight lifting(which explains the bigger muscular shoulders). Marquez, clearly, wanted a knockout in this fight, you could clearly see that this is what he trained for especially when he suffered a broken nose, cuts and broken nose. In all three fights, when did Marquez open up as often as he did in this fight?

PEDs have nothing to do with this, he barely looked supernatural and was actually losing/lost and confused the first two rounds from Pacquiao's head movement. I was far more impressed with Pacquiao's performance, even after the knockout, than Marquez. That's hardly an example of someone on serious PEDs.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #112
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 21,301
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
erik morales: "mexicos pharmacy was better"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Imperial1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #113
mking
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 90
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
erik morales: "mexicos pharmacy was better"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Morales getting his shots in
mking is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #114
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,217
vCash: 2146
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

i don't get it. floyd got ragged on for using similar, bad logic but now the same people who ragged on him are supporting this.
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #115
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,072
vCash: 248
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
erik morales: "mexicos pharmacy was better"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Mexico : superior pharmacy, inferior meat
janeschicken is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #116
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,136
vCash: 10918
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
No one is denying anything but power, as previously stated, isn't solely developed through PEDs. What PEDs give are noticeable improvement in stamina, recovery and conditioning. Clearly in this fight Marquez wasn't as fast as he was in the third fight, which is a clear indication that his training this time around was clearly based on power and that took away some speed. Nothing out of the ordinary here and let's face it, this isn't the first time Marquez hurt/rocked Pacquiao, only to a greater extent because of his weight lifting(which explains the bigger muscular shoulders). Marquez, clearly, wanted a knockout in this fight, you could clearly see that this is what he trained for especially when he suffered a broken nose, cuts and broken nose. In all three fights, when did Marquez open up as often as he did in this fight?

PEDs have nothing to do with this, he barely looked supernatural and was actually losing/lost and confused the first two rounds from Pacquiao's head movement. I was far more impressed with Pacquiao's performance, even after the knockout, than Marquez. That's hardly an example of someone on serious PEDs.

The power difference came from some where, as did the buliking he did in the 3rd and 4th fight.

It is hard to put on weight while doing cardio, I have no doubt like Manny he was aided in doing so with the help of the PEDs from Angel.

This is the first time Juan ever put Manny down with one clean blow. EVER. He never was able to do that landing the exact same punch before in any of the 3 previous fights. Hell he caught him with the same right hand counter on Manny coming in before and never put him out like that before.

The power came from somewhere, because he never exhibited before and it is my opinion that looking at who he sought out, Angel, it came from him and his specialty, which is designer steroids.

Marquez put on major mass compared to his usual frame, late in life and also developed serous one punch power at 147 in the process, while still retaining stamina to go punch for punch with Manny and not be winded in any way in the 6 rounds they had.

Marquez is clearly a PED user in my opinion and I don't blame him, Manny is on it too.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #117
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,288
vCash: 500
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

That's why Marquez aced & accepted all tests crying ***gots().........
Box702 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #118
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 33,265
vCash: 372
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks9314 View Post
i don't get it. floyd got ragged on for using similar, bad logic but now the same people who ragged on him are supporting this.
Fans have been using this as an excuse for a long time, nothing new. What Mayweather did was unprofessional jealousy of Pacquiao's general standing and appreciation. He didn't fight nor physically test Pacquiao to say the garbage he did. He didn't want to fight and test him in the ring, so he decided to falsely accuse him of rubbish.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #119
zetsui
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 972
vCash: 416
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

"a bodybuilder" hypertrophy aint gonna give you knockout power. This is from the same paper that puts Eastern European descent Israeli Nazis with Merkavas and F-16s as victims on the front page of their own apartheid of the indigenous population
zetsui is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #120
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 33,265
vCash: 372
Default Re: NY Times suspicious of Márquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
The power difference came from some where, as did the buliking he did in the 3rd and 4th fight.

It is hard to put on weight while doing cardio, I have no doubt like Manny he was aided in doing so with the help of the PEDs from Angel.

This is the first time Juan ever put Manny down with one clean blow. EVER. He never was able to do that landing the exact same punch before in any of the 3 previous fights. Hell he caught him with the same right hand counter on Manny coming in before and never put him out like that before.

The power came from somewhere, because he never exhibited before and it is my opinion that looking at who he sought out, Angel, it came from him and his specialty, which is designer steroids.

Marquez put on major mass compared to his usual frame, late in life and also developed serous one punch power at 147 in the process, while still retaining stamina to go punch for punch with Manny and not be winded in any way in the 6 rounds they had.

Marquez is clearly a PED user in my opinion and I don't blame him, Manny is on it too.
First of all, I believe everyone is on something in sports, you're only smart if you are able to escape it. As olympian Ben Johnson already stated "Everyone cheats", this isn't anything new to anyone that follows sports in depth.

Now to get on topic yet again. As I previously stated, Marquez never looked anything supernatural in this fight. What PEDs do is greatly enhance stamina, recovery and activity. It does NOT develop power overnight because if it did, almost ALL professional boxers would have great KO ratios. What Marquez did was hire a controversial(nothing different from others who escape their own formulas) yet experienced and great conditioner. Marquez' gameplan in this one was obvious, he wanted to use his usual counter punching but be more offensive than normal due to his power training. If anything, it looked like Marquez was tiring already from the pummeling he took, blood loss and cuts as the fight progressed. I didn't notice anything supernatural there that are clear cut indications of heavy PED usage, NONE of it whatsoever. I just saw a dedicated fighter fighting the same way he always did only more offensive than usual because it was clearly do or die for him this time, he was clearly opening up at some points to get knocked out his self. PEDs do NOT develop a solid chin overnight, otherwise as I said again, everyone will have an iron chin in this sport.

That's just my opinion on the subject and I'm sure many will agree that Marquez hardly looked supernatural compared to before. Was Tarver on PEDs in his rematch with Jones Jr. despite what happened in the first round?, was Martinez on PEDs in his rematch against Williams? I have FAR more examples to share. Pacquiao got caught cold by a punch he didn't expect, it happens in this sport and shouldn't come as a surprise. What happened here is Boxing, not PEDs.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015