Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #61
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,595
vCash: 75
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

I'm from Belfast
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #62
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcosseBox View Post
It was a great crowd that night. That new arena being built outside the SECC could also be a good future venue.

As shite as it is, most SPL teams do get over 5k.
st mirren, st johnstone, dundee, inverness, Kilmarnock, Ross County and Motherwell all struggle to get 5,000

average spl crowds this season

1 Celtic 45,624
2 Heart of Midlothian 13,183
3 Aberdeen 11,218
4 Hibernian 10,660
5 Dundee United 8,281
6 Dundee 6,341
7 Kilmarnock 5,076
8 Motherwell 5,002
9 St Mirren 4,501
10 Ross County 4,492
11 St Johnstone 4,040
12 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4,032
Robert is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #63
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Soon as i put my damn name on table Billy logs off .
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #64
Daviddee1983
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dundee
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

DECEMBER 9, 2012
Team Total Average
1 Celtic 273,745 45,624
2 Heart of Midlothian 118,655 13,183
3 Aberdeen 89,746 11,218
4 Hibernian 85,281 10,660
5 Dundee United 66,249 8,281
6 Dundee 50,735 6,341
7 Kilmarnock 45,689 5,076
8 Motherwell 45,022 5,002
9 St Mirren 40,510 4,501
10 Ross County 35,939 4,492
11 St Johnstone 32,322 4,040
12 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 36,292 4,032
Daviddee1983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #65
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: That gum you like is going to come back in style
Posts: 3,676
vCash: 4289
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviddee1983 View Post
DECEMBER 9, 2012
Team Total Average
1 Celtic 273,745 45,624
2 Heart of Midlothian 118,655 13,183
3 Aberdeen 89,746 11,218
4 Hibernian 85,281 10,660
5 Dundee United 66,249 8,281
6 Dundee 50,735 6,341
7 Kilmarnock 45,689 5,076
8 Motherwell 45,022 5,002
9 St Mirren 40,510 4,501
10 Ross County 35,939 4,492
11 St Johnstone 32,322 4,040
12 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 36,292 4,032
And we (ICT) are still 2nd in the table.

P4P numbero 1 in the SPL
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #66
ryandud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Im a big broner fan and I believe he is a different class to ricky.

But il tell you what ever since coming back from being beat by johannesson ricky has proved he is getting better and since becoming world champion against the best champion at the time he has got better and better so who is to say he wont improve again.What cant be disputable is the guy is world class and an example to many people of how to live the life of a boxer and whats not he hasnt got too big for his boots since becoming champion and seems like a nice guy.

I think why all the hate is there is that time and time again ricky has proved people wrong and whats more done it with people laughing in his face.

Personally against mitchell I thought he looked great at the weight and to stop him was sensational.And yet no credit what does the guy have to do!

Il be ringside at the fight on saturday as im a big george groves fanand i hope they find a suitable opponent in time for him.
ryandud is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #67
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
And we (ICT) are still 2nd in the table.

P4P numbero 1 in the SPL
Shame on you Caley fans for booing big Tokely when he made his return to your home, the big fella was well pissed off! didnt he have about 15 years service at Caley before he was shown the door?

and you booed him cheekyvid what a way to treat a club legend!
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #68
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandud View Post
Im a big broner fan and I believe he is a different class to ricky.

But il tell you what ever since coming back from being beat by johannesson ricky has proved he is getting better and since becoming world champion against the best champion at the time he has got better and better so who is to say he wont improve again.What cant be disputable is the guy is world class and an example to many people of how to live the life of a boxer and whats not he hasnt got too big for his boots since becoming champion and seems like a nice guy.

I think why all the hate is there is that time and time again ricky has proved people wrong and whats more done it with people laughing in his face.

Personally against mitchell I thought he looked great at the weight and to stop him was sensational.And yet no credit what does the guy have to do!

Il be ringside at the fight on saturday as im a big george groves fanand i hope they find a suitable opponent in time for him.
The haters are gonna hate Ricky a whole lot more if the Broner fight happens, cos Ricky WILL beat him. Right enough, in true ESB fashion the haters will probably jump on the Burns bandwagon once hes beaten Broner, some people have NO shame in their game!!!

You looking forward to the Groves & Glencoffe fight?
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #69
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: That gum you like is going to come back in style
Posts: 3,676
vCash: 4289
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Shame on you Caley fans for booing big Tokely when he made his return to your home, the big fella was well pissed off! didnt he have about 15 years service at Caley before he was shown the door?

and you booed him cheekyvid what a way to treat a club legend!
Shame on me nothing mate, I never booed him once, he is a legend , him and grant munro were treated terribly I think, no reason they had to leave, both good players and great servants for us
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #70
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bullet stylee since day UNO ! ! !
Posts: 4,171
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Shame on you Caley fans for booing big Tokely when he made his return to your home, the big fella was well pissed off! didnt he have about 15 years service at Caley before he was shown the door?

and you booed him cheekyvid what a way to treat a club legend!



We booed him at Caley too.......a lot.


HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #71
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Got time for football, but I aint got time for most of the fans though.

They are some, if not the worst, scum zombie pissed up singing deluded tribalistic dumb-down biased blind brainwashed sport fans in all of sport.

It hurts me when I see some supporters of my football club being like that. But lets be honest, every football club has its fair share of idiots and part-time fans.

Thats why I like boxing, there is a class, respect and understanding, around one of, if not the most, brutal sport out the lot. I know boxing fans can be tribal
and just as bad sometimes, but I have some hope that deep down, they know how much the fighters risk. Whether you like a certain fighter or not, you should at the very least respect them for what they do and not who they necessarily are.

How many times can you say that for footballers......a handful maybe? Football is all about money, and while the world is all about it, Boxing is no different, but there is a bit of worth, glory, true victory and real to Boxing. I can relate to where some of the fighters have come from, and that means a lot to me in sport.....I cant relate with many footballers thats for sure. A bunch of pampered, over paid, diving, cheating aliens.
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #72
ryandud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
The haters are gonna hate Ricky a whole lot more if the Broner fight happens, cos Ricky WILL beat him. Right enough, in true ESB fashion the haters will probably jump on the Burns bandwagon once hes beaten Broner, some people have NO shame in their game!!!

You looking forward to the Groves & Glencoffe fight?
yes mate cant wait.A real learning fight for groves where is potntial for him to get ,old manned, out of it.Will be great indicator of whether groves has learned lessons from anderson fight because a mistake against glenncofe could prove very costly!

Stopping him would be a real statement but just cant see it happening.I worry that george could try too hard for the stoppage and get tired when it does not come.One things for sure though twelve hard rounds against a ledgend can only benefit groves and he will come on bundles for it.
ryandud is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #73
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,353
vCash: 2522
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
st mirren, st johnstone, dundee, inverness, Kilmarnock, Ross County and Motherwell all struggle to get 5,000

average spl crowds this season

1 Celtic 45,624
2 Heart of Midlothian 13,183
3 Aberdeen 11,218
4 Hibernian 10,660
5 Dundee United 8,281
6 Dundee 6,341
7 Kilmarnock 5,076
8 Motherwell 5,002
9 St Mirren 4,501
10 Ross County 4,492
11 St Johnstone 4,040
12 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4,032

Celtic cooking the books I see, no chance their average attendance is 45,000 + not unless some 20,000 of them are dressing up as seats.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #74
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bullet stylee since day UNO ! ! !
Posts: 4,171
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Tokely PK 1 Broner !!!
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #75
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Glen Johnson will KO a ****y, arrogant, confused George Groves. If its the George Groves who sat in the PC laughing and joking and taking the piss out of Darth Booth, without a shadow of a doubt, Glen will bring his ass back to earth, overhand right.

Said it a while back, Glen wins this fight. Overhand right. Watch for it, you will see it coming a mile of.
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013