Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #76
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
Shame on me nothing mate, I never booed him once, he is a legend , him and grant munro were treated terribly I think, no reason they had to leave, both good players and great servants for us
I was just having a laugh wit ya CV Big Terry Butcher is doing a fine job up there, I thought when he got rid of the old guard like Russell Duncan, Munro & Tokely etc it would be a gradual decline, especially as Terry doesnt have the most amazing of managerial CV's. Credit to him though, hes working a minor miracle up there! Humping the two old firm teams away from home & sitting pretty in the league, in a cup semi aswell arent yous? Good times to be a caley fan.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #77
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyHighlander View Post

We booed him at Caley too.......a lot.

Aye HH, big Ross certainly gets the oppo fans dander up, he was talking about it in the papers the other day, Ross county players asking why he gets booed everywhere he goes
Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #78
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 880

Can someone summarise what craney has been saying in this thread? I can't be arsed to read all of his 1,000 word posts.
qwert is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #79
paulko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Glen Johnson will KO a ****y, arrogant, confused George Groves. If its the George Groves who sat in the PC laughing and joking and taking the piss out of Darth Booth, without a shadow of a doubt, Glen will bring his ass back to earth, overhand right.

Said it a while back, Glen wins this fight. Overhand right. Watch for it, you will see it coming a mile of.
And Groves wont
paulko is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #80
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post
Can someone summarise what craney has been saying in this thread? I can't be arsed to read all of his 1,000 word posts.
Sorry qwert, I didnt realize this was that thing tw@tter.

If you can of course read, I would highly recommend to read my many essays, you might learn something from the "Arsehole of the Year 2012"
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #81
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Glen Johnson will KO a ****y, arrogant, confused George Groves. If its the George Groves who sat in the PC laughing and joking and taking the piss out of Darth Booth, without a shadow of a doubt, Glen will bring his ass back to earth, overhand right.

Said it a while back, Glen wins this fight. Overhand right. Watch for it, you will see it coming a mile of.
You know & I know Groves will beat Johnson at a canter. Groves could have spent his whole training camp making funny vids with cardboard cut-outs of Valuev, & he would still stop an old, retired shopworn Glencoffe.

In fact, that cardboard cut-out of Valuev would give Groves a better fight. Its a damn shame that they dragged Johnson out of retirement so Groves can KO him If Glencoffe was still fighting & in denial? a shrewd move to get a good name on the resume. The fact though that hes retired & told the world that the mind was willing but the body wasnt in a Hattonesque heartfelt interview after his final loss?

Its going to be a sad night watching Groves feast on the remains of an old warrior.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #82
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Aye HH, big Ross certainly gets the oppo fans dander up, he was talking about it in the papers the other day, Ross county players asking why he gets booed everywhere he goes
Before the amalgamation Caleys most decorated player left them and signed for Thistle.......his debut was against Caley.......think he scored too.....i think.

We different up here
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #83
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You know & I know Groves will beat Johnson at a canter. Groves could have spent his whole training camp making funny vids with cardboard cut-outs of Valuev, & he would still stop an old, retired shopworn Glencoffe.

In fact, that cardboard cut-out of Valuev would give Groves a better fight. Its a damn shame that they dragged Johnson out of retirement so Groves can KO him If Glencoffe was still fighting & in denial? a shrewd move to get a good name on the resume. The fact though that hes retired & told the world that the mind was willing but the body wasnt in a Hattonesque heartfelt interview after his final loss?

Its going to be a sad night watching Groves feast on the remains of an old warrior.
I'll be back.......

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #84
ryandud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

even having retired think will still be huge statement for groves to stop him.That is one tough champ! pride should get him through the distance.

Agree its sad but like said in other post these are the fights where you learn.And if nothing else its a well deserved final payday for the road warrior.
ryandud is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #85
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Quote:

Got a feeling it aint gonna be that straight forward.......

Tokely PK 1 Johnson
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #86
sikeside
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Fuk up craney.

This was on the sun site

RICKY BURNS’ world title plans were in chaos last night after challenger Jose Ocampo pulled out.

The Filipino’s sudden withdrawal came just five days before the Scot is due to defend his WBO lightweight crown in London.

No reason was given by promoter Frank ******’s office but SunSport understands that Ocampo’s trainer died suddenly last week, leaving the boxer in a state of shock.

****** is desperately trying to find a replacement for Ocampo, who was himself second choice after original challenger Liam Walsh was injured in a car smash.

But Burns is furious at the latest development and the fact that he and his manager Alex Morrison were apparently not the first to be told about Ocampo’s decision.

Burns, 29, said: “I’m scunnered by the whole situation, to be honest.

“It’s a joke and Alex and I don’t know at this precise moment what is happening. We’re sitting here waiting for a call to find out if I’ll still be defending my world title this weekend.

“If not, I’ve been asked to box a ten-round international contest but Alex and I have decided that the whole thing is a joke.

“It’s been one thing after another. I could understand Liam Walsh pulling out because that simply couldn’t be helped.

“But this has just left me sickened. Ocampo was announced as his replacement less than a fortnight ago and now we’ve found out this morning that he’s out.

“I think they left it a bit late to find a replacement, to be honest. But we don’t want all my preparations going to waste, so we’ll play it by ear until we find out exactly what’s happening.”

A spokesman for ****** insisted that the fight boss is pulling out all the stops to ensure Burns’ third title defence and eighth world title bout goes ahead on Saturday.

But if that proves impossible at such late notice, as was looking increasingly likely last night, Burns will be asked to undertake a non-title contest on the ExCel bill.

Morrison said: “Even if they come up with a replacement the situation will still be far from ideal from Ricky’s point of view.

“It hardly gives him any time to familiarise himself with another opponent with the fight only days away.

“I feel for Ricky after all the hard work he’s put in. It seems that nothing has gone right with regard to this fight.”
sikeside is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #87
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Step in Eddie Hearn....
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #88
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Where's Dean Byrne when ya need him !, only need Burns to agree to fight at Welter now
Big Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 03:11 AM   #89
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

Promoter Sammy Gello-ani has denied a BBC Sport report that claimed challenger Jose Ocampo has pulled out of his lightweight title bout against WBO champion Ricky Burns which is scheduled at the ExCel Arena in London.

Phil Goodland of the BBC had reported that it was not clear whether Burn’s title “will be on the line now that the challenger Jose Ocampo has pulled out.”

The fight was scheduled to be the third title defense of Burns against the 23 year old Ocampo who is ranked No. 14 in the world.

Ocampo was a late replacement for original challenger Liam Walsh who had to pull out after being injured in a car crash.

Although BBC Sports reported that it was not known why Ocampo pulled out Gello-ani told ***********.com/Manila Standard “they feel that Ocampo may be affected by the sudden death of his trainer. The cancellation is not confirmed. I contacted them asking for our tickets because Ocampo ready and rearing to fight for the title. He is in great shape.”

The 50 year old Danny Bactol collapsed and died of a heart attack while watching Ocampo train on the heavy bag after Bactol did the punch-mitts with him last Thursday.

Gello-ani told us that Ocampo “had vowed to do his best to win the title in a fight he would dedicate to his fallen trainer.”
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 03:28 AM   #90
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSTempleGarden View Post
Celtic cooking the books I see, no chance their average attendance is 45,000 + not unless some 20,000 of them are dressing up as seats.
they count season ticket holders when they are not there
Robert is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum