Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #61
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: This win has a tremendous amount of meaning

it was a great ****ing ko, with an element of luck into it. 1 second in the round he was destined to lose.

It was a great KO btu personally, I think round 4-6 was the worst performance of jmm. if he did not score the KO, he would be down 2 points on all scorecards by the second half of the fight.

It was a great win, but for a moment there, i thought it was going to be another cotto with jmm already busted and mouthpiece flying away.
bahobilat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #62
Grinder
Dude, don't call me Dude
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

**** yes. JMM you are the people's champ.

To Arum and the greedy fux of boxing. Go to hell.
Grinder is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #63
RingKing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
That ***** Floyd never got in the ring with Manny... It took a roided up version of JMM to finally dethrone the King!
You a filipino? just asking?
RingKing is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #64
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1391

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
You think, that after Marquez gave Pac one of the hardest fights of his career and imo beating him in the 3rd fight, that this 4th fight was a cherry pick by Pac?

You know, many many fighters, when they meet the fighter that is their kryptonite, avoid subsequent fights with said opponent, ESPECIALLY when that opponent is not a boxing star themselves (as you pointed out yourself, JMM wasnt). They chalk it up to a bad night, wrong opponent, and move on with their career, never giving the guy who ran them to the edge another shot... let alone 4.

Their first fight - tough for Pac
Their 2nd fight - tough for pac
Their 3rd fight - toughest for pac

And you think him choosing to give JMM a 4th fight was a cherry pick?

Pac should be credited with getting into the ring so many times against the guy who is so obviously his foil, in attempts to show the world who can put an (!) on their rivalry.

Instead of having just a small bit of class towards Pac for actually getting in there with a guy everyone with good boxing IQ knows is his foil, you degrade this fight by trying to label Marquez as a cherry pick. Among the many other wrong statements in the initial post.

Pac knew this fight was one of the toughest fights out there for him, he chose to fight the guy again who many felt just beat him.... instead of just turning a blind eye to a controversial chapter in his career as many fighters do when they get controversial decisions.

There was nothing cherry picking about it.
First of all, some people don't think the fighter has any say in who he fights. This is what most believe in regards to pac, so giving him props for fighting Marquez is a mistake.

Second, Pac would have fought someone else had the pac/marquez 3 ppv numbers not been so good. I think arum wanted to set up a rematch with pac and bradley until he saw how poor that ppv was. Outside of marquez, there were really no legit opponents who draw a lot of money. Arum had really no choice to make this fight, but instead of robbing jmm again, jmm ended his cash cows future earning ability.
reed_man02 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #65
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Epic win. Ranking up the with one of the most classic wins.

Still shocked to see Manny Pacquiao just laid out unconcious.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #66
HenrySwanson

vCash: 112

Quote:
You are missing the point and being over emotional about this. Fair enough, it was quite an emotional night, for myself too as a boxing fan. But you are missing the point. Its not about that Marquez could have gotten ripped off again, its about this wasnt a cherry pick.... and Pac deserves credit for even making this epic rivalry happen, when many fighters like to look the other way of their kryptonite. Pac not only didnt look the other way, he went at it.... again, again, and again.
Great point.
HenrySwanson is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #67
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrySwanson View Post
Great point.
Where else was Arum going to make that kind of money? Floyd? Floyd would also murder Pac...

Arum chose JMM because it was the biggest money fight outside of Floyd, and he paid dearly for it...

Remember, Pac never "chooses his opponents", its Arum ... So Arum deserves the credit.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #68
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_man02 View Post
First of all, some people don't think the fighter has any say in who he fights. This is what most believe in regards to pac, so giving him props for fighting Marquez is a mistake.

Second, Pac would have fought someone else had the pac/marquez 3 ppv numbers not been so good. I think arum wanted to set up a rematch with pac and bradley until he saw how poor that ppv was. Outside of marquez, there were really no legit opponents who draw a lot of money. Arum had really no choice to make this fight, but instead of robbing jmm again, jmm ended his cash cows future earning ability.
Oh, so because some people think he doesnt have a say in who he fights, that makes giving him props a mistake.

hahaha, This shit is absurd....

By all means, dont let me interrupt this shit fest. Dudes cant even shed an ounce of class and respect to Pac.

Pretty pathetic

Probably shouldnt expect anything less though to be honest

Last edited by kirk; 12-10-2012 at 04:31 PM.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #69
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:
Oh, so because some people think he doesnt have a say in who he fights, that makes giving him props a mistake.

hahaha, This shit is absurd....

By all means, dont let me interrupt this shit fest. Dudes cant even shed an ounce of class and respect to Pac.

Pretty pathetic

Probably shouldnt expect anything less though to be honest
Pactards have been saying for years Pacquiao doesn't choose his opponents, in Pac's defense as to why he fought the guys he did like David Diaz, Margarito, Shot Shane Mosley etc.... These guys eat, breathe and sleep Pacquiao... Now he deserves credit?? Haha, bullshit double standards.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #70
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaL View Post
Pactards have been saying for years Pacquiao doesn't choose his opponents, in Pac's defense as to why he fought the guys he did like David Diaz, Margarito, Shot Shane Mosley etc.... These guys eat, breathe and sleep Pacquiao... Now he deserves credit?? Haha, bullshit double standards.
Thats the problem Isal, you have lowered yourself to the standards of the people you look down on and you dont even realise it.

But whatever This is ESB.... Im not losing any sleep over this Im just saying. You no longer post as a boxing fan anymore, you always have an agenda that you twist things towards, and in doing so, lower yourself to be like the same people that annoy you (pactards)

But I will butt out and let you guys do your thing.

Point of the thread is that this win was meaningful, and it is. Id still like to know where this ranks of fighters 39 and over in terms of wins. Has to be near the top, up with Foreman vs Moore
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #71
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #72
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:
Thats the problem Isal, you have lowered yourself to the standards of the people you look down on and you dont even realise it.

But whatever This is ESB.... Im not losing any sleep over this Im just saying. You no longer post as a boxing fan anymore, you always have an agenda that you twist things towards, and in doing so, lower yourself to be like the same people that annoy you (pactards)

But I will butt out and let you guys do your thing.

Point of the thread is that this win was meaningful, and it is. Id still like to know where this ranks of fighters 39 and over in terms of wins. Has to be near the top, up with Foreman vs Moore
You are incorrect. I hae NEVER lied, twisted, or fabricated anything about anything.

All I ever said about Pac was that he was not very smart and that he needed to take random testing.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #73
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
You are incorrect. I hae NEVER lied, twisted, or fabricated anything about anything.

All I ever said about Pac was that he was not very smart and that he needed to take random testing.
Think what you want Isal
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #74
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

Quote:
You're a ****ing weirdo. You try to claim you're a MAB fan when all you ever do is shit on him, and you say with one breath that JMM beating Pac is the greatest victory ever and with the next breath that Pac is a cherry picked fraud.

Why don't you make up your ****ing mind, you schizophrenic freak?
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #75
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:
Think what you want Isal
I got much love for you Kirk... I think we've been posting here together for over a decade now... I know you're a Pacquiao fan, and that's fine, he's an exciting and special fighter in his own way, so we will have to agree on disagreeing about him.
IsaL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum