Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #31
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oakland, ca usa
Posts: 3,505
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pick out interesting tune ups for Marquez and Pacquiao

mayorga for pacquiao. isn't he the fighter that big stars use to comeback after a loss?
motownsiu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #32
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,012
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Pick out interesting tune ups for Marquez and Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownsiu View Post
mayorga for pacquiao. isn't he the fighter that big stars use to comeback after a loss?
You want Pacquiao to go up to 154 for a tuneup?


May as well go with Yuri Foreman then.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #33
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pick out interesting tune ups for Marquez and Pacquiao

Bradley is NOT a tuneup. It's actually THE FIGHT I want to see
megavolt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #34
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,012
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Pick out interesting tune ups for Marquez and Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by megavolt View Post
Bradley is NOT a tuneup. It's actually THE FIGHT I want to see
If anything, depending on how much Pacquiao looks like "damaged goods" in the 5th installment he could wind up being the tune-up for Bradley.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #35
jaois138
Dinamita
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Oxnard, Ca
Posts: 340
vCash: 676
Default Re: Pick out interesting tune ups for Marquez and Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
No time for tune-ups at this stage of their careers.

Pacquiao Vs. Rios

Marquez Vs. Bradley (underrated power, but still featherfisted)
Good fights. Any combination of these four would be pretty good.

Pacquaio Vs Bradley 2
Marquez vs Rios
jaois138 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #36
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pick out interesting tune ups for Marquez and Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
If anything, depending on how much Pacquiao looks like "damaged goods" in the 5th installment he could wind up being the tune-up for Bradley.
Tune-up imo is like a journeyman type fighter, or a fighter that is washed up to the point of being one really.

Was Morales a tune-up for Maidana? I hope not
megavolt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #37
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,012
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Pick out interesting tune ups for Marquez and Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by megavolt View Post
Tune-up imo is like a journeyman type fighter, or a fighter that is washed up to the point of being one really.

Was Morales a tune-up for Maidana? I hope not
A tune-up is any "expected" win en route to a bigger payday...even if the opponent is world-class. It's someone the favorite is supposed to beat, even if it isn't a foregone conclusion.

For instance, Josesito Lopez was a tune-up for Ortiz looking ahead to Alvarez.

Josesito is neither "a journeyman type fighter, or a fighter that is washed up to the point of being one really."
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #38
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pick out interesting tune ups for Marquez and Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
A tune-up is any "expected" win en route to a bigger payday...even if the opponent is world-class. It's someone the favorite is supposed to beat, even if it isn't a foregone conclusion.

For instance, Josesito Lopez was a tune-up for Ortiz looking ahead to Alvarez.

Josesito is neither "a journeyman type fighter, or a fighter that is washed up to the point of being one really."
That's where our opinion differs- When I think of a tune-up, I think of someone like Pablo Cesar Cano or Likar Ramos

Cotto isn't a tuneup for anyone yet imo but from they way you put it, it sounds like he's going to be very soon
megavolt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #39
PR BOXING
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pick out interesting tune ups for Marquez and Pacquiao

Pac vs khan- marquez vs khan
PR BOXING is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #40
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,012
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Pick out interesting tune ups for Marquez and Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR BOXING View Post
Pac vs khan- marquez vs khan
Like the town bicycle.

Would Roach leave Buboy in charge of Manny's camp while he trains Amir?
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013