Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #16
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Louis the hardest a human can be punched ?

Foreman didnt lift Fraizer off the ground with the punch, the film clearly shows that after Foreman hits Fraizer with that shot, Fraizer hops up. You can see the spring in his legs.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #17
4eyes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

There have been many harder punchers than Louis but none as short and accurate thats what made him deadly imo
4eyes is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #18
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

Its not really if you can punch hard, but if you can find the mark to end the match.

Louis had that, Marciano had that, Even Duran, Dempsey, and Ali when he wants to go for the ko had that. I put more faith in Louis finishing a good near great fighter, than say Shavers in most cases, even though Shavers in regarded as the harder hitter.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #19
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempsey1238 View Post
Foreman didnt lift Fraizer off the ground with the punch, the film clearly shows that after Foreman hits Fraizer with that shot, Fraizer hops up. You can see the spring in his legs.
yeah he did a little hop and skip move before falling

the force of Foreman's punch didn't launch him off the canvas though, Frazier just reacted that way

But Galento was off balance and his momentum was going the opposite direction ... not that impressive
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #20
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
Bullshit!..you talk out of your ass alot
A 240 pounds man doesn't get lifted off the ground with simply a punch, Julian Jackson and Naseem Hamed (Both p4p stronger punchers than Louis) don't lift off anyone like a rocket.
He blacked out and lost balance.

It was also at the end of Galento his career, his chin must have been heavily detoriated too.
He probably still had a very good chin but fighting 100 fights without a single form of defence is not good for you, obviously.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #21
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He was off balance

Not that big of a deal

Hard punch, yeah, but nothing super powerful
Old 12-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #22
apollack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
A few comments on Joe Louis as the most perfect puncher who ever lived. Powerful legs, muscular structure, uncanny leverage and perfect balance make Louis the No1 heavyweight destroyer...Yet I reflect on a prime Louis hitting a human punching bag Abe Simon with everything in his arsenal for 13 rounds before Simon was stopped in 1941...
Thirteen rounds ! I cannot envision lumbering Abe Simon lasting 3 rounds with the prime Jack Dempsey who destroyed an iron jawed Jess Willard [really in the first round],
pancaked the crude but powerful Angel Firpo in 2 rounds, Fred Fulton in a minute, Carl
Morris and Gunboat Smith all in one round...Dempsey's style was akin to a Roberto Duran
in sheer viciousness and killer instinct whilst Joe louis's style was a forerunner of the great lightweight Alexis Arguello...Leverage and timing...My No#3 puncher was the young
powerhouse Mike Tyson... When young he was a force of nature....
Yes, but Abe Simon was a pretty good fighter. He was a very muscular 255, 6'4", and had some boxing skill. He stopped Jersey Joe Walcott. So if Louis dominated and won most every round and gradually and cautiously broke him down, dropping him four times en route to the stoppage, he cannot be blamed nor does it mean his power is any less. Dempsey went 15 with the smaller sized Gibbons. Louis went 15 with Farr. Sometimes they don't go, or don't go easily. It has nothing to do with punching power.
apollack is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #23
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Louis had the greatest arsenal of power punches and he also possessed killer instinct. Lennox Lewis,Mike Tyson never Ko'd a man past the 8th round (Tyson once vs trial horse Ribalta) Look at Louis's KO over Conn,Walcott2, Max Baer and he beat all sizes,colors and styles....Louis also had hurting power, look at the body shot in Schmeling 2 (liver shot)
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #24
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
Louis had the greatest arsenal of power punches and he also possessed killer instinct. Lennox Lewis,Mike Tyson never Ko'd a man past the 8th round (Tyson once vs trial horse Ribalta) Look at Louis's KO over Conn,Walcott2, Max Baer and he beat all sizes,colors and styles....Louis also had hurting power, look at the body shot in Schmeling 2 (liver shot)
Didn't Schmeling also get hit in the kidney that fight?
He was turning around so it's not really Louis his fault (Incase people might think I'm attacking Louis by saying he's a cheater, I'm not attacking anyone)
dyna is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #25
MURK20
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Ton Tony View Post

no

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

New to the sport I see. How many times do you have to be told that muscles have little to do with punching power?
MURK20 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #26
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I don't believe in lifting a man off the ground with a punch. I don't think it's physically possible.

Watch this Roy Jones body shot vs Lou Del Valle:

Imagine these old time nutbags pointing to this as showing Jones lifting a man clear off the ground with a punch.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #27
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusak View Post
I don't believe in lifting a man off the ground with a punch. I don't think it's physically possible.

Imagine these old time nutbags pointing to this as showing Jones lifting a man clear off the ground with a punch.
Agreed

They were all reactions ... kind of like how you jump back when in pain or something
Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #28
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusak View Post

That's different he was moving backwards already and moved away after he was hit Tony had all of his weight over his left foot all of it and then got hit and went in the opposite direction
Theron is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #29
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

######

Last edited by Unforgiven; 09-11-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #30
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollack View Post
Yes, but Abe Simon was a pretty good fighter. He was a very muscular 255, 6'4", and had some boxing skill. He stopped Jersey Joe Walcott. So if Louis dominated and won most every round and gradually and cautiously broke him down, dropping him four times en route to the stoppage, he cannot be blamed nor does it mean his power is any less. Dempsey went 15 with the smaller sized Gibbons. Louis went 15 with Farr. Sometimes they don't go, or don't go easily. It has nothing to do with punching power.
Abe Simon WAS a good fighter in his day. Sure was. But he was almost impossible to miss and could and did take great punishment. Louis hit Simon with EVERYTHING for 13 rounds and couldn't finish the job until the referee stopped the punishment in the 13th round...Yes Tommy Gibbons
did take Dempsey to 15 rounds but Gibbons was a master defensive
whiz who was seldom hit solid. You can't hurt what you can't hit...But Simon took dozens of flush punches from the murderous punchng Louis
and still remained on his feet for 13 rounds..And I cannot see Simon
surviving 13 rounds against the Dempsey of Toledo or the Firpo fight against a can't miss target such as Abe Simon for 13 rounds...
burt bienstock is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum