Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Do you want to watch Pac v.s. JMM 5?
Yes, I do. 53 62.35%
No, I don't. 23 27.06%
I can't decide it now. 9 10.59%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #16
J.R.
No Mames Guey
East Side Guru

vCash: 107
Default Re: Do you wanna watch Pac v.s. JMM 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
How and why?
Think about it from JMM's point of view. He honestly thinks he won all four fights. Which means he knows he's the better man and with that brutal knockout he probably feels that now he proved to all the world that he is the better fighter, so why do it again?

Last edited by J.R.; 12-11-2012 at 01:39 AM.
J.R. is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #17
J.R.
No Mames Guey
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezel8764 View Post
This is some Lamotta-Ray Robinson shit, Legendary.

You don't see too many 4 fight epic series these days.
J.R. is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #18
JoeCamelTow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
How and why?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

!
JoeCamelTow is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #19
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

I would like both men to retire, honestly.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:47 AM   #20
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
I still don't like the idea of a 5th fight in an era with so many viable contenders. Pacman still has unfinished business with Bradley. Hell, Devon Alexander is boring as shit but I'd rather see him get a shot than watch a 5th fight between these two.

Marquez can go back down and fight Rios or the Garcia/Judah winner. My point is that they both have several options...
Come on? Really?

The ONLY unfinished business Pacquiao has that needs immediate resolving is JMM. If he fights him and gets KTFO again in a worst case scenario, then at least he chased the fight and gave it a stab. Seriously, unfinished business with Bradley? Taking precedence over what just happened here?

And sure, Marquez has other fights? But who short of Floyd will afford him a mega payday (this time following a career defining victory)? It's the Pac fight.

It truly makes the most sense for both, and I have a difficult time seeing any opposing viewpoints (unless you call for either or both to retire RATHER than fight a 5th).

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #21
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Think about it from JMM's point of view. He honestly thinks he won all four fights. Which means he knows he's the better man and with that brutal knockout he probably feels that now he proved to all the world that he is the better fighter, so why do it again?
If he retires, then I agree with you. And I honestly think he SHOULD retire, because it's just a bad-ass legendary way to go out. What a magnificent ****ing high note!!

But if JMM fights on, a Pac fight makes the most sense financially for him, and the ONLY reason for him to fight on is surely to secure a padyday he has earned and deserves?

Am I mistaken, or was he not guaranteed just $3 million to Pac's $20-something this fight? (Not sure, I read that somewhere but that may be incorrect). If that's the case, JMM is now in a position to fight a guy he just KTFO for what I have to believe is a hell of a lot more than $3 in his guarantee.

If JMM fights on, I'm having a hard time seeing how Pac isn't the obvious fight he would WANT.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #22
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
How about near matching his career gross in one fight, against a guy he's got totally figured out? While basking in fan adulation he didn't get all his career.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #23
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
I would like both men to retire, honestly.
In a way, I agree with you - especially for Marquez.

Not many athletes get a chance to go out on a note like that, putting an exclamation mark on an epic historic rivalry in brutal surreal fashion! I mean this is the shit Hollywood scripts are made from!

JMM may do it. But he may want the money.

I can't see Pac retiring, though.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #24
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
How about near matching his career gross in one fight, against a guy he's got totally figured out? While basking in fan adulation he didn't get all his career.

Extremely well put!

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #25
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Quote:
In a way, I agree with you - especially for Marquez.

Not many athletes get a chance to go out on a note like that, putting an exclamation mark on an epic historic rivalry in brutal surreal fashion! I mean this is the shit Hollywood scripts are made from!

JMM may do it. But he may want the money.

I can't see Pac retiring, though.
Marquez most definitely. I can understand if Pac wants to go out on a better note.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #26
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Marquez is demanding USADA drug tests for all future fights (if he doesn't retire). There will be no fifth fight since Manny can't stay off the juice/won't take tests.
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #27
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
Marquez most definitely. I can understand if Pac wants to go out on a better note.
Do you think he will retire? Or do you think he will want a last mega payday or 2?

I didn't watch much of 24/7 this time around, but I remember seeing something about Marquez in a new nicer and bigger home in a safer area with lots of privacy?

The appeal of having more money to go out on so he can provide for loved ones may be something he finds difficulty to pass up. I don't know.

If he retires though, fans will always remember him for THIS! And that's a pretty awesome thing to be remembered for, given the whole history of the Pac-JMM series.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 02:03 AM   #28
J.R.
No Mames Guey
East Side Guru

Quote:
If he retires, then I agree with you. And I honestly think he SHOULD retire, because it's just a bad-ass legendary way to go out. What a magnificent ****ing high note!!

But if JMM fights on, a Pac fight makes the most sense financially for him, and the ONLY reason for him to fight on is surely to secure a padyday he has earned and deserves?

Am I mistaken, or was he not guaranteed just $3 million to Pac's $20-something this fight? (Not sure, I read that somewhere but that may be incorrect). If that's the case, JMM is now in a position to fight a guy he just KTFO for what I have to believe is a hell of a lot more than $3 in his guarantee.

If JMM fights on, I'm having a hard time seeing how Pac isn't the obvious fight he would WANT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
The one and only reason for him to fight Pac would be the money... and things is, he could probably make more fighting Mayweather in a rematch. A fight he probably wants for vindication purposes, and one that would bring him more adulation than smashing Pacquiao again. A win there would catapult him in the all-time great standings higher than he could've ever imagined. So if money and acclaim is what you guys are talking about, then Floyd is the fight he'd WANT the most.
J.R. is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 02:09 AM   #29
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I remember people saying they didnt want to see a fourth fight, and look at the compelling action that took place? a king violently dethroned, the fight of the year, ko of the yeat and all out shock of the year, all in one bout. no boxing fan would object to a fifth encounter, not one.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 02:21 AM   #30
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
The one and only reason for him to fight Pac would be the money... and things is, he could probably make more fighting Mayweather in a rematch. A fight he probably wants for vindication purposes, and one that would bring him more adulation than smashing Pacquiao again. A win there would catapult him in the all-time great standings higher than he could've ever imagined. So if money and acclaim is what you guys are talking about, then Floyd is the fight he'd WANT the most.
Well, except that in my mind Floyd presents an insurmountable stylistic nightmare for JMM, and Pacquiao is a winnable fight that will probably be easier to put together. Beyond that, JMM should have an easier time getting a higher purse, I would think, against Pacquiao because of the nature of his victory over Manny, and especially if you consider also the nature of his loss to Floyd.

But if he wants to really gun for glory, you're right! He's try and vindicate himself against Floyd. I just don't see that as being a winnable fight for him, personally. And if Pac winds up being another big win for him (no guarantees, but assume he beats Pac again), then the Floyd rematch will probably still be there.

Just my two cents.

Personally I hope he retires on an amazing note.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum