Old 12-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #32
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: The Diaz Brothers Belong in Pro Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Pro Boxing makes too much sense, and watch the blueprint on how to beat the two displayed over and over again.... I'm happy with giving a lot of you time on this.
the blueprint involves moving and not allowing them to set their fight and start unloading most good boxers would figure that out in 3 rounds
pong is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #33
Brisbox

vCash: 225

Quote:
#1) Because it's clear to see that the sport has rapidly evolved over the past 5-10 years. In my first response I asked "BJJ and what else??"

The Diaz Brothers have NOTHING going for them besides Boxing and BJJ, which has taken them thus far. This year we saw the two hot headed stoners throw fits in the cage as they were outclassed. It's been proven over and over in recent fights that they cannot do their thing in that cage against well rounded Mixed Martial Artist. They need to leave the Sport because their best has not been good enough, and I do not see them being offensive enough with their grappling to make a difference.

We can see what is missing in their game, but I don't expect the two to making the adjustments that are required for UFC Gold. If Nick Diaz somehow gets a gift of a title shot and somehow takes the belt, he won't hold it for long as he will be exploited by another well rounded fighter.

#2) This is true, but throwing hands is what they love to do.

The two go rounds with a former Gold Medalist, P4P fighter Andre Ward.... I don't think the transition to Boxing would be as hard as some think.

They will have greater success in Pro Boxing as far as money, and all the things that come with it (popularity, publicity, and support) are concerned. The checks and fights in The UFC will get smaller and smaller, wait and see as they fall down the ranks.

They would simply take too long to transition into pro boxing, by the time they were anywhere close to getting near top 20 they would be too old to challenge anyone seriously

Don't get me wrong I think if they took the pro boxing route from the beginning they could have had a career, but they've dedicated most of their lives to BJJ, their standup is MMA orientated and I don't think they could change their bad habits

I think they are great MMA fighters and good for UFC production, they're just not boxers no matter how much they like throwing their hands
Brisbox is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #34
Brisbox

vCash: 225

oh and as for sparring with Ward -

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quoted from article (Ward) - "Nick has good hands, some of the best hands in MMA. But professional boxing is totally different. Totally different."
Brisbox is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #35
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Diaz in pro boxing
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #36
lobk
Original ESB Member
ESB Addict

vCash: 1913

This is one of the dumbest post I've seen in the MMA forum. Neither brother has a shot in boxing. It is way to late in their career to switch over. The tactic used in MMA stand up and a boxing stand up are two different animal. Also to make money in professional boxing you have to be in the top 5 of your weight class. If you think they can even compete with the top 10, hell top 20 boxers in their weight class you are ****ing stupid beyond belief and need to stop watching boxing and MMA.
lobk is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #37
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

They do not have the speed necessary to make it in a sport limited to two limbs and clinching against the rules. They are way too slow. If, and I mean IF, their chins were to remain as sturdy in boxing as they are in mma, the best they could hope to look like is middleweight versions of Tex Cobb against Larry Holmes. And that's against journeymen. You can forget them entering the big time.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 AM   #38
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
The first half of this post I think is possible, but I disagree with them being better off in MMA. Like I said, they aren't winning and defending UFC Gold, and striking is not everything in MMA.

The Game don't wait, and The Diaz Brothers won't have the set of skills to be the best. Nick still has a good chance at an undeserved title shot so he should take it. But, Nate is in a hard place. He is a bag of bones at the weigh ins and weakened at LW, and too small to be fighting at WW... If he wants to be a Champion in MMA he will need some strength and conditioning training and a deeper skillset.

Boxing is the best thing for them, and I believe Nate would have more success in the Sport than his brother. I would put money on him going undefeated in his first 10 pro fights or so, and after a couple of years he would be fighting on the undercard of PPVs, Showtime and HBO.... The Diaz Brothers would be called out by the Jeff Lacy' of the World; drawing mass amounts of publicity and $$$$.

There is money to be made in Boxing, and now is the time. No point in being a Contender for the rest of your youth, so they should either evolve their game or do their thing in a squared circle. Nate has got to do as much as say making the switch is on his mind and he will immediately be called out by former World Champions... I truly believe after about 2-3 years of being brought up in the Sport he will be ready to win these major Prizefights.
They are long time top contenders. One just fought for the UFC Gold at 155 and the other is lined up to fight for the UFC Gold at 170. I'm sure they have both accumulated a good few million and have stuck to MMA for a reason.

They could go into boxing but neither are a big enough name to create some megafight. If they start lower the money probably won't be more than their on now and they could lose many times and never hit the same level as they did in MMA. If they go higher in level i.e. Jeff Lacy, and lose then they could crash and burn before anything gets going.

Alternatively Nate can stay in the UFC where I'm sure he earns a coupld couple of hundred grand and Nicks probably nearing a million or more, especially with GSP line up.

Nick could go to 185. Nates in a division where Henderson may not be champ for much longer with Pettis, Aldo, Frankie etc hunting him down.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 05:21 AM   #39
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Nick vs Lacy/Vargas is interesting. Shot fighters, decent but not unbelievable money but still a huge possibility of losing.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #40
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Nick vs Lacy/Vargas is interesting. Shot fighters, decent but not unbelievable money but still a huge possibility of losing.
I don't know what kind of shape Lacy is in now, but the last pictures I saw of Vargas showed he has gained a ton of weight. He looked like he and James Toney could totally destroy an "All you can eat" buffet.

As for them fighting Lacy, even an older, shot Lacy would destroy both of the Diaz brothers.
gumbo2176 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #41
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1242

Skilled SMW could literally box Nick's ears off.
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #42
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

vargas said last week diaz never wanted the fight, they are successful in mma and would not be nowhere near as successful in boxing so why do they belong in boxing
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #43
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

They dont need to try their hands in boxing everyone knows they wouldnt be able to do shit there
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #44
juice20
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 430

Seriously, these two have no business boxing. They are both top contenders in MMA, and that is where they belong, since they would be made to look foolish in pro boxing, and would never be contenders, and never make big paydays except for some kind of sideshow event. They are top tier in MMA, and get destroyed in boxing. Those "boxing skills" they display are good for MMA, but an absolute joke in pro boxing. Maybe they could win some club fights, but against even an experienced journeyman that tippy tap, upright, non athletic shit would get exposed and made to look amateurish.
juice20 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #45
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member

nates still young and he improves after his losses give him a chance dudes exciting as hell
blagovech is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum