Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Default How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

From 1995 to 2003, Pacquiao hadn't had a fight with a single notable boxer, whereas Mayweather started fighting named opponents after two years as a professional. That's 38 fights, the bulk of which are no-names/fellow country-men. Past that, you have names like Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, Shane Mosley, JMM, and De La Hoya -- all of whom have faced and lost to Floyd Mayweather. In fact, Floyd beat three of those fighters before they faced Pacquiao.

So who on Pacquiao's resume does Floyd need to beat?

Legends like Panomdej Ohyuthanakorn, Rolando Toyogon, Chokchai Chockvivat, Medgoen Singsurat, and Reynante Jamili?

Margarito, Clottey, David Diaz, Jorge Solis, Erik Morales, etc. are low-profile compared to the great fighters they do share.
Inquisitive is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Pactards ""

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
oibighead is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,778
vCash: 117
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

so we got a new flomo celebrating Marquez' KO of Pac.
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotnaman View Post
so we got a new flomo celebrating Marquez' KO of Pac.
Pactards " [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]"
oibighead is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,778
vCash: 117
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

^ how bitter are you dude? posting this on every thread. feel bad for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
Pactards ""

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotnaman View Post
so we got a new flomo celebrating Marquez' KO of Pac.
38 fights. No notable opponents. And you all have the nerve to question Mayweather's resume?

BTW: I didn't even mention the Marquez KO. That's irrelevant to this thread.
Inquisitive is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
From 1995 to 2003, Pacquiao hadn't had a fight with a single notable boxer, whereas Mayweather started fighting named opponents after two years as a professional. That's 38 fights, the bulk of which are no-names/fellow country-men. Past that, you have names like Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, Shane Mosley, JMM, and De La Hoya -- all of whom have faced and lost to Floyd Mayweather. In fact, Floyd beat three of those fighters before they faced Pacquiao.

So who on Pacquiao's resume does Floyd need to beat?

Legends like Panomdej Ohyuthanakorn, Rolando Toyogon, Chokchai Chockvivat, Medgoen Singsurat, and Reynante Jamili?

Margarito, Clottey, David Diaz, Jorge Solis, Erik Morales, etc. are low-profile compared to the great fighters they do share.
Morales is low profile? Barrera?
Miguel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

It's relative to size as well - Pacquiao has taken on opponents which is the equivalent of Mayweather going in and beating Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez and others...the guy actually has to put on weight in camp to make weight because he naturally walks around at 135-138
Miguel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Flomo's celebrating Marquez Greatest Victory as if it was Floyds.

Marquez had the courage and Balls to take on Pac twice despite being a massive underdog. He had the balls to trade with Pac.

Floyd should be ashamed. It should have been him getting this victory, but he was too much of a scared diva bitch

Respect to Marquez, There's only Juan!!
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,110
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
From 1995 to 2003, Pacquiao hadn't had a fight with a single notable boxer, whereas Mayweather started fighting named opponents after two years as a professional. That's 38 fights, the bulk of which are no-names/fellow country-men. Past that, you have names like Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, Shane Mosley, JMM, and De La Hoya -- all of whom have faced and lost to Floyd Mayweather. In fact, Floyd beat three of those fighters before they faced Pacquiao.

So who on Pacquiao's resume does Floyd need to beat?

Legends like Panomdej Ohyuthanakorn, Rolando Toyogon, Chokchai Chockvivat, Medgoen Singsurat, and Reynante Jamili?

Margarito, Clottey, David Diaz, Jorge Solis, Erik Morales, etc. are low-profile compared to the great fighters they do share.
You forget Pac beat Barrera, and JMM at there respected weight classes. How the hell is Morales low profile? Margarito was definitely avoided by mayweather, and Clottey arguably BEAT Cotto.. and avoided by Floyd.
When the WW division was hot... Cotto, Williams, Margarito, Mosley, Clottey, what did Floyd do? He retired. Pac MOVED UP to fight them. Mayweather came back to fight JMM, made him move way up to fight him, and even at that cheated him on the scales.
Floyd's resume is good. Pac's resume, when taken in to account of his size, is rediculous. 99% of esb never thought he'd beat DLH, after that it was due to DLH weight drain, then 95% didn't think he could beat Hatton, Cotto, so on and so on. Mayweather has beaten some of them... Pac DOMINATED them. Only guy Mayweather dominated that pac couldn't was JMM, but again made him move up and cheated him on the scales doesn't make it look to great.
Primenal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #11
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenal View Post
You forget Pac beat Barrera, and JMM at there respected weight classes. How the hell is Morales low profile? Margarito was definitely avoided by mayweather, and Clottey arguably BEAT Cotto.. and avoided by Floyd.
When the WW division was hot... Cotto, Williams, Margarito, Mosley, Clottey, what did Floyd do? He retired. Pac MOVED UP to fight them. Mayweather came back to fight JMM, made him move way up to fight him, and even at that cheated him on the scales.
Floyd's resume is good. Pac's resume, when taken in to account of his size, is rediculous. 99% of esb never thought he'd beat DLH, after that it was due to DLH weight drain, then 95% didn't think he could beat Hatton, Cotto, so on and so on. Mayweather has beaten some of them... Pac DOMINATED them. Only guy Mayweather dominated that pac couldn't was JMM, but again made him move up and cheated him on the scales doesn't make it look to great.

Good post - what he's done for someone his size is incredible. He trumps Floyd's resume. Floyd has cherry picked since moving up from 130. His WW resume is an absolute joke considering he's been fighting at that weight since 2006 and he ducked 4-5 welterweights at their peak

Pacquiao has taken on guys who are naturally 2-3 divisions bigger than him.
Miguel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #12
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
Morales is low profile? Barrera?
Comparatively speaking. Morales has a garbage record using the strict criteria Mayweather haters use against him. Also, there's the fact that he was coming off a loss and had already beaten Pacquaio previously.

Morales and Barrera wins trump a 43-0 record? If Mayweather fought tomato cans like Pacquaio and your average up and coming Mexican fighter, he'd have a 70+ win streak right now. Instead, he jumped in the lion's den head first and started fighting legitimate opponents out of the gate.
Inquisitive is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #13
boxsensei
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: H-Town
Posts: 3,655
vCash: 1408
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Floyd and Pacquiao are about the same damn size. They were same weight at 16, it s just that Pac turned pro while Floyd was still in the amateurs. The difference between Floyd and most fighters is that Floyd doesn't drain the shit out of himself to make lower weight classes.
boxsensei is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #14
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,521
vCash: 75
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

You really made a new alt for this? As if we dont have enough flomos polluting this site
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #15
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,778
vCash: 117
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

welcome to the whine thread.
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013