Old 12-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #346
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Wlad's jab is a dream come true for a counter puncher and its one of the reasons i believe the Povektin fight has never happened. But but but, Povektin is afraid.... Wlad's camp has never pushed for the fight either.
You are full of shit and *ONCE AGAIN* caught red-handed.

a) K2 won two purse bids, putting up the financing for the fight to happen
b) K2 financed two press conferences (which cost substantial money to organize), to which Povetkin never showed up

Wlad's camp never pushed for it? They did anything humanly possible to make the fight happen and Povetkin walked away. Not once but *TWICE*.

Oh and btw: To classify Povetkin as a counter-puncher is quite embarrassing, don't you think? You my friend must be among the worst and dumbest posters on ESB, you're even crazier than the worst Klitschko fanboys. Or you're a genius troll laughing his ass off while he fools the forum with his idiotic posts
madballster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #347
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post

b) K2 financed two press conferences (which cost substantial money to organize), to which Povetkin never showed up

Wlad's camp never pushed for it? They did anything humanly possible to make the fight happen and Povetkin walked away. Not once but *TWICE*.

Oh and btw: To classify Povetkin as a counter-puncher is quite embarrassing, don't you think? You my friend must be among the worst and dumbest posters on ESB, you're even crazier than the worst Klitschko fanboys. Or you're a genius troll laughing his ass off while he fools the forum with his idiotic posts
Sometimes I giggle when I deliberatly post something retarded, I imagine him to do the same.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #348
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86

Seamus,
You just printed a bunch of quotes about his power. Have i disputed his punching power? You didn't comprehend anything from my post and came back with an argument completely irrelevant to what i said. On top of that , Manny is not a boxing observer, he was his trainer. Did you honestly expect Manny would of revealed Wlads weaknesses in interviews or speak nothing short of highly about him. Dont be stupid.
You cant dispute anything i said and to come back with nothing but direct quotes from Manny Steward is laughable.
Also, if you're basing your judgement by what a 3 fight novice claimed , you should just abort engaging in any technical debate for the forseeable future.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #349
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post

That was ****ing 3 years ago. Are you really naive enough to believe that AK could get away without fighting his no.1 mandatory challenger for over 3 years and still retain his belt?
Bontey has said in interview's they will take the Povektin fight when THEY want it so Wlad can take easy fights like Wach and most likely Adamek next. What you have been sold is not how it is and you're to gullible to see any different.
You have ran back to hiding from me countless times after a debate got to heated for you, its you hold the monopoly on being dumb im afraid.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #350
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Seamus,
You just printed a bunch of quotes about his power. Have i disputed his punching power? You didn't comprehend anything from my post and came back with an argument completely irrelevant to what i said. On top of that , Manny is not a boxing observer, he was his trainer. Did you honestly expect Manny would of revealed Wlads weaknesses in interviews or speak nothing short of highly about him. Dont be stupid.
You cant dispute anything i said and to come back with nothing but direct quotes from Manny Steward is laughable.
Also, if you're basing your judgement by what a 3 fight novice claimed , you should just abort engaging in any technical debate for the forseeable future.

So, I am supposed to take the word of a keyboard jockey over multiple professional fighters and the greatest trainer of the last 30 years? And the fact is that Manny talked extensively about Wlad's weaknesses. This just shows you really don't follow the division with any depth.

You do realize that unless you are in the business as a fighter or a trainer, and one that is at least recognizable, that you are suffering from an immense credibility gap, right?

Now that I have learned all I need to know, I will move on to more enlightening discussions.

Last edited by Seamus; 12-11-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #351
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
So, I am supposed to take the word of a keyboard jockey over multiple professional fighters and the greatest trainer of the last 30 years? And the fact is that Manny talked extensively about Wlad's weaknesses. This just shows you really don't follow the division with any depth.

Now that I have learned all I need to know, I will move on to more enlightening discussions.
"including the best observers on the sport" Where is this proof? Manny was his trainer.
Explain to me how Wlad has a great jab since you are telling me im wrong. Having power is not the same thing.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #352
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

"The jab of Wladimir is considerably more powerful, it is simply shocking, and penetrates the opponent from head to toe. Ali is similar but when he tries to come in forward in a straight line he loses some of his balance and coordination. In a number of technical aspects, Klitschko is significantly superior. In terms of a jab, for me he's the best. After him, in that element, I would put Larry Holmes, and then Lewis.” Manny Steward.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #353
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
"The jab of Wladimir is considerably more powerful, it is simply shocking, and penetrates the opponent from head to toe. Ali is similar but when he tries to come in forward in a straight line he loses some of his balance and coordination. In a number of technical aspects, Klitschko is significantly superior. In terms of a jab, for me he's the best. After him, in that element, I would put Larry Holmes, and then Lewis.” Manny Steward.
So Wlad has a better jab than Ali and Holmes now because his trainer said so? He also said he would knock Haye out in 4 rounds. It was his job to say those things. You got nothing, you cant even give your own argement on the matter. We're done here.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #354
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

I honestly think you have to be deluded to class wlads lab as anything over than great.

I rate it above the jab of Lewis and Liston.

Not as technically perfect as Holmes nor as sharp as Ali but all things considered it might well be the hardest jab to get beyond.

The power, reach, consistency.

This thread is ridiculous. Unless wlad undertrains rocky has literally no chance. If anyone gets knocked out it is rocky and rocky sure as shit ain't outpointing wlad.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #355
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Wlads bread and butter punch is his right had, take that away and he could not win a fight with just his jab like Holmes and Ali could. Holmes could pepper away at fighters racking up points. Pulev has also a better jab, he uses it offensively like its intended and breaks down his opponent's. Wlad waves it about and sticks it in your face (which is an illegal tactic ) to fight on the backfoot Having power is not the same as having a great jab. You're blind if you cant see this.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #356
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Wlads bread and butter punch is his right had, take that away and he could not win a fight with just his jab like Holmes and Ali could. Holmes could pepper away at fighters racking up points. Pulev has also a better jab, he uses it offensively like its intended and breaks down his opponent's. Wlad waves it about and sticks it in your face (which is an illegal tactic ) to fight on the backfoot Having power is not the same as having a great jab. You're blind if you cant see this.
This is so patently wrong to anyone with a basic comprehension of and experience in the sport that you must be trolling.

I can't conceive of any other reason that would post such rot. But congrats on reeling me in.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #357
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Seamus you are an incredibly shit poster. Its clear to any outside party that you are the lowest common denominator here with your worthless empty posts. Go thwart somebody else. Im done with you.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #358
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Why are people even debating a Klychko fight? Brewster and Sanders leave Marciano drooling on the canvas inside 6 rounds.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #359
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Seamus you are an incredibly shit poster. Its clear to any outside party that you are the lowest common denominator here with your worthless empty posts. Go thwart somebody else. Im done with you.
Well-reasoned, accurate and unanimously supported as always, sir.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #360
HOUDINI
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Wlad drops his jab. He also keeps his left low in general with his chin UN tucked. He is wide open for right hands. So let's add it up....glass chin, no courage, open for right hands, been koed three times by the likes of Ross Purity and who is he fighting? One of the most devastating right hand punchers in hwt history who, by the way, had an iron chin and the will to win (courage) of a true all time great. Wlad has much more difficult time hitting Rocky cleanly...low crouch, Marciano sees Wlad slow shots coming slips/bobs and weaves under them pounding the body before Wlad grabs him to clinch and of course crashing his right hand on Wlads chin knocking him out just like he was koed three times previously. Once rocky hits Wlad solid the fights over since Wlad does not have the resiliency to respond.
HOUDINI is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum