Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #46
Manos de Hierro
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Take Sasakul off the 'bum list'. That's an elite flyweight you're shitting on.
Manos de Hierro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #47
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 8,535
vCash: 258
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Clearly, I don't:

Edmund Enting Ignacio
Pinoy Montejo
Rocky Palma
Dele Decierto
Acasio Simbajon
Armando Rocil
Lolito Laroa
Renato Mendones
Rudolfo Fernandez
Rolando Toyogon
Lito Torrejos
Rustico Torrecampo
Marlon Carillo
John Medina
Bert Batiller
Ippo Gala
Sung-Yul Lee
Mike Luna
Wook-Ki Lee
Ariel Austria
Chokchai Chockvivat
Melvin Magramo
Panomdej Ohyuthanakorn
Shin Terao
Chatchai Sasakul
Todd Makelim
Gabriel Mira
Medgoen Singsurat
Reynante Jamili
Arnel Barotillo
Seung-Kon Chae
Nedal Hussein
Tetsutora Senrima

....

Clearly.
In Fly, Feather, and Bantam Weights almost everybody is a nobody as they are not popular well marketed divisions but that doesn't mean they were scrubs..than again this is a poor wind up thread.

But for the record:

Some Notable Names before 2004

Chatchai Sasakul-#1 Flyweight in the World when Mark Johnson left the division, WBC Flyweight Champion.

Lehlohonolo Ledwaba: IBF Super Bantam Champion, 3# Junior Featherweight in the World.

Marco Antonio Barrera: #3 P4P in the World..(ranked ahead of Mayweather), #1 Featherweight in the World. A Legend in his prime coming off wins over Hamed, Morales, Sanchez, and Tapia. End of Discussion.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #48
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 8,535
vCash: 258
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos de Hierro View Post
Take Sasakul off the 'bum list'. That's an elite flyweight you're shitting on.
Exactly. But this guy is a clown who can't seem to be a fan of a boxer without bashing another. Story of ESB.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #49
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 1119
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
Pactards ""

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
This sums it up. Floyd's undefeated and always fights top competition. Always.

Pac's "resume" is full of fighters with marquee names who are 1) over-the-hill, 2) coming off consecutive losses/poor performances, 3) fights take place at disadvantageous weights/catchweights. Pac's opponents to whom this applies is: DLH / Hatton / Cotto / Mosley / Margarito. Basically the very reason Pac became a marquee name himself was wins over those guys. They were very, very mediocre wins considering the circumstances.

Floyd on the other hand fights them when 1) they're undefeated, 2) coming off big victories, 3) at their desired weight/on their terms. Such fights include: DLH / Hatton / Mosley / Ortiz (coming off best win) / Cotto.
bjl12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #50
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
In Fly, Feather, and Bantam Weights almost everybody is a nobody as they are not popular well marketed divisions but that doesn't mean they were scrubs..than again this is a poor wind up thread.

But for the record:

Some Notable Names before 2004

Chatchai Sasakul-#1 Flyweight in the World when Mark Johnson left the division, WBC Flyweight Champion.

Lehlohonolo Ledwaba: IBF Super Bantam Champion, 3# Junior Featherweight in the World.

Marco Antonio Barrera: #3 P4P in the World..(ranked ahead of Mayweather), #1 Featherweight in the World. A Legend in his prime coming off wins over Hamed, Morales, Sanchez, and Tapia. End of Discussion.
You've got quite a long ways to go to turn that turd sandwich resume into a great list.
Inquisitive is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #51
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 8,535
vCash: 258
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
You've got quite a long ways to go to turn that turd sandwich resume into a great list.
I can't alter your personal perception on a subject you feel so strongly about nor do I wish to waste my time with someone only interested in little "wind ups" responses void of reasoning. I have however successfully argued that those three are not bums, scrubs, or whatever label you want to disrespect them with.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #52
stebinn
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Here we go again. Everybody calling each other "Flomo" or a "Pactard". And comparing their resumes and blablablabla...The most tired worn out debate and name calling in the history of the world. Who cares anymore, they are not going to fight.
stebinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #53
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ali Bomaye!!
Posts: 2,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post


Majority of fans believe Marquez won at least two, and that's before the KO. Also, Mayweather beat Marquez decisively. The number of times he's faced them is irrelevant. That just means he couldn't seal the deal or lost.

The ones in bold are shared opponents.

Then we have Clottey and Margarito. Mayweather would make mince-meat out of either one. No one puts Clottey in the ranks of the greats, so I don't know why he's considered such a great win for Pacquaio -- oh yeah, he's Pacquaio, that's why.

So that leaves Barrera and Morales.
Clottey is a dangerous fight for anybody as is Margo, especially when they are bigger than you, Margo-Pac would be like Floyd-Abraham...but "what if I lose" mentality stops fights like this. There was a huge cry for a Margo/Cotto match up in 07/08 yet Floyd decided to go on vacation instead , he has everything required to be a top ten fighter all time but the mentality, how frustrating to neutral fans is it to see a guy with he's ability and skill opt for the easy route time and time again? He's nigh on become a joke.
ChampionsForever is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #54
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
I can't alter your personal perception on a subject you feel so strongly about nor do I wish to waste my time with someone only interested in little "wind ups" responses void of reasoning. I have however successfully argued that those three are not bums, scrubs, or whatever label you want to disrespect them with.
I didn't call Barrera a scrub, but I did neglect to list him. Rather than nit-pick, you might as well concede that Pacquiao fought low level opponents for a lot longer than Mayweather did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionsForever View Post
[/color]Clottey is a dangerous fight for anybody as is Margo, especially when they are bigger than you, Margo-Pac would be like Floyd-Abraham...but "what if I lose" mentality stops fights like this. There was a huge cry for a Margo/Cotto match up in 07/08 yet Floyd decided to go on vacation instead , he has everything required to be a top ten fighter all time but the mentality, how frustrating to neutral fans is it to see a guy with he's ability and skill opt for the easy route time and time again? He's nigh on become a joke. [/color]
at calling Cotto, Ortiz, Mosley, Marquez, Hatton, De La Hoya, in a row, the easy route. GTFO!
Inquisitive is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #55
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 8,535
vCash: 258
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
I didn't call Barrera a scrub, but I did neglect to list him. Rather than nit-pick, you might as well concede that Pacquiao fought low level opponents for a lot longer than Mayweather did.
-Missing Barrera is hardly a nitpick, that's a pretty HUGE name to neglect and calls into question your credability. Even moreso than trashing Morales as "low profile". We are suppose to take you seriously and waste our time arguing with you when you began your thread this way?

-By 1998 both men had won titles and earned the #1 ranking in their respective weight classes. But no question, Mayweather was the more high profile fighter until 2004. But I don't think many argue Pacquiao as the superior resume based on this isolated pocket of time without context.

-Mayweather was a Golden Gloves Champion, a child prodigy American Olympian who didn't turn Pro until he was 20 years of age and fought at much more lucrative weights. Pacquiao was a poor Pinoy who turned pro as a teenager to earn a living after a short largely unknown amatuer career in largely ignored lower weight classes. Not to knock Pacman though, despite his more humble beginings he did capture Sasakul's lineal title just a few days shy of 20th birthday. If that is "shit" to you, many fighters would be so lucky to be called "shit."

Last edited by The Mongoose; 12-11-2012 at 01:52 PM.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #56
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
-Missing Barrera is hardly a nitpick, that's a pretty HUGE name to neglect and calls into question your credability. Even moreso than trashing Morales as "low profile". We are suppose to take you seriously and waste our time arguing with you when you began your thread this way?
It's easily the best win between the two of them.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #57
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post

-Mayweather was a Golden Gloves Champion, a child prodigy American Olympian who didn't turn Pro until he was 20 years of age and fought at much more lucrative weights. Pacquiao was a poor Pinoy who turned pro as a teenager to earn a living after a short largely unknown amatuer career in largely ignored lower weight classes. Not to knock Pacman though, despite his more humble beginings he did capture Sasakul's lineal title just a few days shy of 20th birthday. If that is "shit" to you, many fighters would be so lucky to be called "shit."
Irrelevant excuses.

You've established the fact that his padded and unimpressive wins (over half his record) is due to his impoverished circumstance. Great job.

That is a valid excuse, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't change facts. Much of his record is padded and unimpressed.....because (insert your excuse here).
Inquisitive is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #58
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 8,535
vCash: 258
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post

Irrelevant excuses.


That is a valid excuse,


You expect to convince us your fit to objectively argue the merit of two fighters' resumes and yet you yourself don't know if your coming or going. Good luck in your quest, troll.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #59
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post


You expect to convince us your fit to objectively argue the merit of two fighters' resumes and yet you yourself don't know if your coming or going. Good luck.
'Irrelevant' and 'valid' don't contradict each other. It's valid because it's true and something that was out of Manny's control. It's irrelevant to the question of who has the better resume.
Inquisitive is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #60
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,367
vCash: 1233
Default Re: How exactly does Pacquiao have a better resume than Mayweather?

getting knocked out. Floyd has never done that and Pac has done it 3 times, so he's better
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013