Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
porkypara
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Hatton fights.Best atmosphere of any fight?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-bAQ27Lc0Q&feature=plcp[/ame]
porkypara is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
Gazza
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Hatton fights.Best atmosphere of any fight?

Without a shadow of a doubt the best atmosphere especially in Vegas for the Mayweather fight that was amazing, his following was great.
Gazza is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Not the best imo, too much "theres only one Ricky Hatton one Ricky Hatton......."
moorser is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
rossco666
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Most Hatton fans are over 30, bald, drunk, sweaty, loud, arrogant and seem to have the ability to sing the one song in a really deep voice.
rossco666 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Noisy but depends on if you like the same thing being sung non stop. Personally I think it's a ****ing awful song so not for me.
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Atmosphere is not just noise.

Mike Tyson had the best atmosphere's, it could be deadly silent but..? The atoms in the universe had been rearranged by Mike Tyson, you just knew this was something different.

Aload of drunken football fans singing..? Does not always make the best atmosphere.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
FIN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Best athmosphers I ever heard of the top of my head
Hatton vs Mayweather
Hatton vs Senchenko
Chavez vs Haugen
Benn vs Mc Clellan
Tyson vs Holyfield 1
FIN is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #8
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Atmosphere is not just noise.

Mike Tyson had the best atmosphere's, it could be deadly silent but..? The atoms in the universe had been rearranged by Mike Tyson, you just knew this was something different.

Aload of drunken football fans singing..? Does not always make the best atmosphere.
I agree 100+%

I've expereanced both, i've never felt a buzz in the air as there was for the Tyson/Holyfield 1 fight, the expectation & then the shift in the drama as the fight progessed juxtaposed the visible & invisible feel in the air that something dramatic was playing out. It all started on the thurday as everone hit town, slow pulse beat that ramped up by the hour to the 1st ring er ding.

2nd fight was an altogether weird menacing & moody atmosphere, a atmosphere of dread & desperation, proberbly based on the fact that all the punters who'd lumped on Mike in the 1st fight now doubled up on him to retrieve the $$$$ loses. Again that was such a surreal atmosphere.

At the Hatton/Mayweather fight, that was just a newbie drunken piss-up 24/7. Great charged atmosphere as we went down studio walk, but not really up there for me to be honest, just a footie atmosphere & when i was at the MGM for Pac/Hatton it all started to sound dated/corny & irritating,.

But again that atmosphere at the Pac/Hatton fight was totally charged & had a similar feel to a Tyson fight, it had nothing to do with Hatton or his fans though, it was all to do with Pac & the expected crowning of the next superstar. It was all about Pacman & that was the buzz in the air, the Hatton fans were just viewed as clowns are to a circus.

Cotto/Margarito again was another incredible atmosphere, such a buzz in the air from the thursday onwards. There's more to making an atmosphere than continually yelping out "There's only one Ricky Hatton".
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

One of the best things that makes a great fight card is a great atmosphere.
So for this reason I have great interest in this thread. I have never been to a fight in the UK but if I had I would certainly love to have been to a Hatton fight.
From the outside in, the atmosphere at Froch V Bute looked class.
I like the atmosphere even more when instead of a song its just raw shouting in support of a fighter either trying to survive or getting close to stoppage.

But the hatton fights were class. Over here in Dublin the Bernard Dunne V Ricardo Cordoba fight was the most dramatic sports event I ever witnessed. 6 knock downs and I can honestly say that Dunne fed off the energy in the crowd that night for sure.
I would say that future wise there must be a lot of excitment at the prospect of Froch V Kessler and Khan V Brook, Frampton V Quigg, Barker V Macklin, Barker V Murray, Fury V Price.

Then on the international stge Vegas is always great. I also imagine if Macklin V Lee happens in Paddys day that will be a special moment also.
I always love it when the Mexican star fights to Peurto Rican star , or Mexico V US or Philipino in the mix. And I have to say that the thought of the atmosphere for Chavez Jr v someone like Ward or PAvlik or Froch in the future could be huge if it takes place in a neutral venue. It's neutrality that creates the best atmosphere in the US.
paddymickey is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
Trail
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymickey View Post
One of the best things that makes a great fight card is a great atmosphere.
So for this reason I have great interest in this thread. I have never been to a fight in the UK but if I had I would certainly love to have been to a Hatton fight.
From the outside in, the atmosphere at Froch V Bute looked class.
I like the atmosphere even more when instead of a song its just raw shouting in support of a fighter either trying to survive or getting close to stoppage.

But the hatton fights were class. Over here in Dublin the Bernard Dunne V Ricardo Cordoba fight was the most dramatic sports event I ever witnessed. 6 knock downs and I can honestly say that Dunne fed off the energy in the crowd that night for sure.
I would say that future wise there must be a lot of excitment at the prospect of Froch V Kessler and Khan V Brook, Frampton V Quigg, Barker V Macklin, Barker V Murray, Fury V Price.

Then on the international stge Vegas is always great. I also imagine if Macklin V Lee happens in Paddys day that will be a special moment also.
I always love it when the Mexican star fights to Peurto Rican star , or Mexico V US or Philipino in the mix. And I have to say that the thought of the atmosphere for Chavez Jr v someone like Ward or PAvlik or Froch in the future could be huge if it takes place in a neutral venue. It's neutrality that creates the best atmosphere in the US.
A minute or so before I read your post I thought of this. I wasn't at this fight but saw the fight on DVD. It was manic...a few people have hailed this fight as pandemonium, I concur.
Trail is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco666 View Post
Most Hatton fans are over 30, bald, drunk, sweaty, loud, arrogant and seem to have the ability to sing the one song in a really deep voice.
This. It's more annoying than anything.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #12
Little Tyson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1284

Yeah was fun that night. Remember everyone singing the national anthem in the bars in the arena which was pretty cool as stuff like that doesn't usually happen. Atmosphere at Bute v Froch was amazing especially when he put him away.
Little Tyson is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #13
FIN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Was also at the Dunne and Cordoba fight,best athmosphere I have been at..
FIN is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #14
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Benn-McClellan stands on its own.
atberry is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #15
Trail
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIN View Post
Was also at the Dunne and Cordoba fight,best athmosphere I have been at..
From what I saw on TV most people there were batshit crazy. What was it like being there?
Trail is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum