Old 12-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #46
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488
Default Re: Rank Barrera, Morales and Marquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daruf View Post
This, JMM was ahead of Morales and MB based on resume and longevity even before KOing Pac.

Now he is well ahead and resides in a different stratosphere, EM and MAB are still great though.
Arcane is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #47
Manos de Hierro
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
This, JMM was ahead of Morales and MB based on resume and longevity even before KOing Pac.

Now he is well ahead and resides in a different stratosphere, EM and MAB are still great though.
Manos de Hierro is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #48
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Quite a few years ago i would have laughed at my own comment as well, but JMM has done a lot since then.

Only people stuck in the past fail to acknowledge this.
If you want to compare resumes just on the line of when EM and MAB were still relevant than yes, but JMM remained relevant.
Daruf is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #49
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daruf;14380915[B
Quite a few years ago i would have laughed at my own comment as well.
Ahh....so there was some sort of accident? well good to see you recovared the cognitive function to be able to use a computer and enjoy boxing

(even if you do now think that beating Juan Diaz and a close to shot Casamayor is somehow better then beating a prime Hamed and prime Morales + beating a prime Barrera and a prime Pacquiao)
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #50
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I'd rate Marquez at the top now, but I'd favor Barrera to beat both at their 122/126 pound bests (despite him matching up worst with Pacquiao).
JMP is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #51
PJ
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Sorry,top 5 what? Out of Mexico?
Serious question.
out of mex

JMM stops Mexico's reigning terror
PJ is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #52
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Ahh....so there was some sort of accident? well good to see you recovared the cognitive function to be able to use a computer and enjoy boxing

(even if you do now think that beating Juan Diaz and a close to shot Casamayor is somehow better then beating a prime Hamed and prime Morales + beating a prime Barrera and a prime Pacquiao)
Id argue it with you but i have seen your posts and you have always been 1 of the most biased and least informed people on this board.

But if you actually believe that line of yours is even remotely accurate you need professional help.
Daruf is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #53
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

Quote:
Id argue it with you but i have seen your posts and you have always been 1 of the most biased and least informed people on this board.

But if you actually believe that line of yours is even remotely accurate you need professional help.
Yes i'm biased....shocking...guy posts on internet boxing forum and isn't fair and balanced all the time

You were the one claiming JMM was ahead of EM and MAB based on resume (and longevity which one can't argue with) BEFORE the Pacquiao KO at that, I simply came up with names on JMM's resume that would likely fall towards his better accomplishments and then compared said names with those on EM and MAB's resume
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #54
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I'm glad you're back as well Addie.When I joined you were the first person to show me a modicum of civility when you posted on an argument/debate regarding Barrera/Morales and I was getting some pelters.
You're a good poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
I am gonna tell it like it is and then close this thread...

JMM probably will go down as #2 out of Mexico. One of the best technicians ever. Has way too many wins against great/good consistent competition. This Pacman win and at least one other puts him on top.

MAB is a solid fighter and had a good wins and is top 10 out of Mexico. He lost to Junior Jones in his prime when EM fk'd Poison up.

EM is the baddest dude on the planet. Excellent boxer and brawls when there is no need to. ***** to the wall style even when he was way past his prime. My favorite fighter out of Mexico and is probably top 5.
Morales defeated a lesser version of Jones, a version that was coming off a stoppage loss to Kennedy Mckinney. And not to be pedantic, but to say a fighter is in his prime is to say he was at his absolute best Marco Antonio Barrera was not the finished article in '97. Far from it.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #55
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

It's ironic that so many people are, at least IMO, underrating Morales and Barrera. It almost seems as if some are simply ranking the trio of Mexican fighters based on how they fared against Pacquiaoi, as if that were the lone criteria.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #56
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
It's ironic that so many people are, at least IMO, underrating Morales and Barrera. It almost seems as if some are simply ranking the trio of Mexican fighters based on how they fared against Pacquiaoi, as if that were the lone criteria.

It's typically short-sighted. Some fight fans can only remember what happened the day before.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #57
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It's typically short-sighted. Some fight fans can only remember what happened the day before.
Yeah, it definitely seems that way to me, and I can understand that the buzz surrounding JMM is still doing the rounds.

To me, I think Barrera at his best beats both of them 122-130. I think he was the most complete overall package, but Morales was a warrior personified and JMM may have had the best tactical skill set of the bunch.

It is definitely a tough trio to rank, but seeing people saying JMM is head & shoulders above the other two, no. I'm just not seeing it.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #58
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah, it definitely seems that way to me, and I can understand that the buzz surrounding JMM is still doing the rounds.

To me, I think Barrera at his best beats both of them 122-130. I think he was the most complete overall package, but Morales was a warrior personified and JMM may have had the best tactical skill set of the bunch.

It is definitely a tough trio to rank, but seeing people saying JMM is head & shoulders above the other two, no. I'm just not seeing it.
People have been slowly edging ahead JMM in front of the others for a while now.
He went from being the most unappreciated and misunderstood to finally being recognized in recent years.

He was either level or slightly ahead a years ago, and than the 3d fight robbery and than the KO pushes him ahead quite clearly.

His resume alone stands pretty firm the fact hes doing it at 39 and still top 2 p4p that kind of longevity and dedication is something EM and MAB just lack.
Daruf is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #59
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Can anyone be surprised by the polls..I mean an old Morals just lost Barrera hasn't been relevant in yrs and Marquez KO's Pacquio in their 4th fight so yeah that's real sound logic .Erase the previous body of work for what Marquez has done lately .Pretty normal around here.
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #60
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

Quote:

The bigger issue is that people on here have the memory of a goldfish and there's simply no way they could fully appreciate the achievements of a Barrera or even a Morales, sure they could watch some youtube videos and try to pass off how they like both guys when in reality all they've seen is some flashy highlight video of Barrera beating Hamed or round 12 of Pacquiao Morales 1. The complete landslide in the poll proves a lot, also the fact there's now a thread where people are voting for Wlad over Pacquiao as to who rates higher as an ATG
Arcane is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum