Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #46
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: The Diaz Brothers Belong in Pro Boxing

If the Diaz brother actually learned how to ****in check a kick, change there gameplan if the original doesn't work, and stop crying like ****in babies if there oppononent doesn't stand in front of them to get punch maybe, MAYBE they could manage to get there hand on a title.

But right now you can forget about it !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #47
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
vargas said last week diaz never wanted the fight, they are successful in mma and would not be nowhere near as successful in boxing so why do they belong in boxing

The OP is obviously a huge fan of those two social misfits to think they could simply walk into a boxing ring in "13" and develop fast enough to make more money in boxing than they currently do in MMA.

Their boxing skills are rudimentary at best. They do well with it in cage fighting since that is one aspect of the game they are better in than many of their opponents. They don't possess enough skill to only rely on punching. Then there's the footwork which is usually wider than their guard which would have to be re-worked for boxing.
gumbo2176 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #48
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisbox View Post
They would simply take too long to transition into pro boxing, by the time they were anywhere close to getting near top 20 they would be too old to challenge anyone seriously

Don't get me wrong I think if they took the pro boxing route from the beginning they could have had a career, but they've dedicated most of their lives to BJJ, their standup is MMA orientated and I don't think they could change their bad habits

I think they are great MMA fighters and good for UFC production, they're just not boxers no matter how much they like throwing their hands
Like I said, they don't need to climb the ranks... Nick Diaz expressed an interest in fighting Lacy after the talks with Vargas fell through, and Lacy was more than willing. He immediately jumped at the opportunity.

No such thing as "too old" in Boxing or MMA. With age comes experience, Hopkins is 47, Marquez is 39, Couture was 40 something. Y'all musta forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobk View Post
This is one of the dumbest post I've seen in the MMA forum. Neither brother has a shot in boxing. It is way to late in their career to switch over. The tactic used in MMA stand up and a boxing stand up are two different animal. Also to make money in professional boxing you have to be in the top 5 of your weight class. If you think they can even compete with the top 10, hell top 20 boxers in their weight class you are ****ing stupid beyond belief and need to stop watching boxing and MMA.
Do you really think they will Box as they fight? You how no idea, let them lace up the gloves, put the shoes and tassels on first before we color them bad.

Plenty of fighters outside the top 5 making money in Boxing, from up and comers to shot fighters..... Did you think he would be fighting Lacy for peanuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
They do not have the speed necessary to make it in a sport limited to two limbs and clinching against the rules. They are way too slow. If, and I mean IF, their chins were to remain as sturdy in boxing as they are in mma, the best they could hope to look like is middleweight versions of Tex Cobb against Larry Holmes. And that's against journeymen. You can forget them entering the big time.
I never said they would be P4P, and I agree with the Tex Cobb reference. As I said above, fighting barefoot and squaring off in a Boxing Ring are two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
They are long time top contenders. One just fought for the UFC Gold at 155 and the other is lined up to fight for the UFC Gold at 170. I'm sure they have both accumulated a good few million and have stuck to MMA for a reason.

They could go into boxing but neither are a big enough name to create some megafight. If they start lower the money probably won't be more than their on now and they could lose many times and never hit the same level as they did in MMA. If they go higher in level i.e. Jeff Lacy, and lose then they could crash and burn before anything gets going.

Alternatively Nate can stay in the UFC where I'm sure he earns a coupld couple of hundred grand and Nicks probably nearing a million or more, especially with GSP line up.

Nick could go to 185. Nates in a division where Henderson may not be champ for much longer with Pettis, Aldo, Frankie etc hunting him down.
Quote:
Nick vs Lacy/Vargas is interesting. Shot fighters, decent but not unbelievable money but still a huge possibility of losing.
Nick Diaz made $200,000 for fighting CC, and Nate Diaz got a $65,000 bonus for UFC on FOX 3, I doubt that he ever made six figures for a single fight.

Mark my words, they won't defend UFC Gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
They dont need to try their hands in boxing everyone knows they wouldnt be able to do shit there
Yet there is interest and a deal would draw Sports fans from all over. It doesn't matter what you think will happen, people will watch, people will buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo2176 View Post
The OP is obviously a huge fan of those two social misfits to think they could simply walk into a boxing ring in "13" and develop fast enough to make more money in boxing than they currently do in MMA.

Their boxing skills are rudimentary at best. They do well with it in cage fighting since that is one aspect of the game they are better in than many of their opponents. They don't possess enough skill to only rely on punching. Then there's the footwork which is usually wider than their guard which would have to be re-worked for boxing.
I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan of The Diaz Brothers. Actually I was rooting for Bendo, and was satisfied in seeing Nate being taught a lesson for 25 minutes. Hopefully he learned a thing or two about respect this past Saturday.

Develop fast enough in one year to top this year's salary? Quit pulling shit outta your ass. Don't ever mention footwork for Boxing again as I covered that in the responses above.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #49
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

I appreciate the responses thus far

What I say will stand true, and if The Diaz Brothers are defending UFC Gold at a later date I may just have to stopped watching altogether.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #50
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAsA6Rnlqg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAsA6Rnlqg[/ame]

Diaz Bros honing their skills, fighters beware
Old 12-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #51
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Develop fast enough in one year to top this year's salary? Quit pulling shit outta your ass. Don't ever mention footwork for Boxing again as I covered that in the responses above.

Who said anything about them developing fast enough in "13" to top this years salary, certainly not me. You said they should concentrate on boxing starting in "13" and I contend that they are so weak in the boxing game that they don't have enough time to make the switch and be able to make a good living. They should stay exactly where they are and milk that cow for all it's worth.

And as far as mentioning footwork necessary for boxing, I'll do so whenever I please no matter how extensively you think you covered it.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #52
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Diaz Bros honing their skills, fighters beware

That shit was pitiful. Was that really the Diaz brothers you want to see go into boxing??? I didn't watch the entire video but what I saw left me shaking my head and laughing at how inept they appear.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #53
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Keep reaching Mr. gumbo, they had their go, it's time to lace up the gloves.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #54
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

**** off, you'd think someone on a boxing forum would no better
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #55
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

They're fine in MMA. I just don't like it when or if they bitch about their opponent not standing in front of them to trade punches. If you want to do nothing but box, go be a boxer. This is MMA. I haven't heard any complaints from Nate after his loss to Benson. Good. If Nick gets beaten the same way by GSP I hope Nick is humble in defeat and doesn't ridicule GSP for not standing in one spot to trade punches like cavemen.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #56
lobk
Original ESB Member
ESB Addict

vCash: 1913

Quote:
Who said anything about them developing fast enough in "13" to top this years salary, certainly not me. You said they should concentrate on boxing starting in "13" and I contend that they are so weak in the boxing game that they don't have enough time to make the switch and be able to make a good living. They should stay exactly where they are and milk that cow for all it's worth.

And as far as mentioning footwork necessary for boxing, I'll do so whenever I please no matter how extensively you think you covered it.
The guy is a ****ing retard. He thinks the Diaz brothers can jump right into boxing and contend for a belt. What a ****ing idiot. He also thinks they'll jump in and make the same money and more then what they are currently making. ****ing idiot needs to lay of the weed like his idols. That brain is fried.
lobk is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #57
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobk View Post
The guy is a ****ing retard. He thinks the Diaz brothers can jump right into boxing and contend for a belt. What a ****ing idiot. He also thinks they'll jump in and make the same money and more then what they are currently making. ****ing idiot needs to lay of the weed like his idols. That brain is fried.

In all fairness to the guy, he really doesn't think they will be title contenders, but can make more money in boxing in the long run than in MMA. Either way, he's wrong and too stubborn to admit same when so many people voiced their opinion against such a move on their part. They'll make more money in MMA even if they can't win a title.

If you looked at that short video of the Diaz brothers sparring like boxers you will see why they need MMA. That was some sad shit.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #58
lobk
Original ESB Member
ESB Addict

vCash: 1913

Quote:
In all fairness to the guy, he really doesn't think they will be title contenders, but can make more money in boxing in the long run than in MMA. Either way, he's wrong and too stubborn to admit same when so many people voiced their opinion against such a move on their part. They'll make more money in MMA even if they can't win a title.

If you looked at that short video of the Diaz brothers sparring like boxers you will see why they need MMA. That was some sad shit.
I saw that video and I honestly think the guy is trolling. To post that video and then say the Diaz belongs in boxing, he has to be trolling.
lobk is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #59
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I cannot even imagine the difference in levels between the Diazs and Ward. I'm sure they give it a good go but with Ward always having multiple gears left to go through. The reality is, boxers often look for sparring partners who will come to fight so they can practice stuff on rather than guys that will challenge them technically. It is one of, if not the single biggest flaws in boxing. In MMA, the best want to train with the best but in boxing they often spend months not improving or sparring with anyone of any worth that will advance them in anyway.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #60
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I cannot even imagine the difference in levels between the Diazs and Ward. I'm sure they give it a good go but with Ward always having multiple gears left to go through. The reality is, boxers often look for sparring partners who will come to fight so they can practice stuff on rather than guys that will challenge them technically. It is one of, if not the single biggest flaws in boxing. In MMA, the best want to train with the best but in boxing they often spend months not improving or sparring with anyone of any worth that will advance them in anyway.
nice observation about boxing I never thought of that. this is why some guys in MMA advance a ton sometimes from one fight to the next.

btw, anybody who think diaz bros should get into boxing doesn't know wtf they are talking about. I doubt they can even reach the level where they would make more money.
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum