Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #31
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: GAMBOA did Great Last Night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai C View Post
I tend to agree. All of that walk off with his hands low and attempts at 12 punch combinations will get him crushed against the elite. It's a habit that his trainers need to stop right now before he ends up on the short end of a bout. It's undisciplined and does not come without consequence. Of the Cuban 3 amigos, he is the less polished imo.
1st off,,gamboa with his hands down is his way of baiting guys and showing off his extreme skill set.
we should be happy to see that it causes excitement.

2nd,..its funny how u say out of the 3 cuban amigos (gamboa,lara,rigo)
that gamboa is the least polished but yet gamboa is the most acomplished.

i know what u are saying.
so my next lines are not directed to you.

but these people just need to enjoy gamboa for what he is,..if not kick rocks.
gamboa is gamboa.
HIGHCOLLIDE is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #32
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

he looked bad against a tune up fighter. must be the long lay off.
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #33
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
The problem with this generation of boxers and their fans ..This was great since when is a mediocre performance a great one ? He's a work in progress that needs to improve his defense or next time he wont get up ! That's reality not hate !!
I agree that he could tighten up a bit on defense but you've got to remember that 50 cent is expecting big things from him so the emphasis, for better or worse, will always be on knockouts.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #34
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotnaman View Post
he looked bad against a tune up fighter. must be the long lay off.

so dominating the opponent,..
knocking him down 2 times
making him miss with 300 punches
and lopsided win on the scorecards..

all that after a 15 month layoff

andu consider that bad????
Old 12-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #35
Cuban Bon Bon
Proverbs 9:10
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCOLLIDE View Post
great post bro.

yeah the cursing is because these haters show no respect so i give them no respect. lol

but yeah i cant wait till his next fight..
after 15 month layoff and going 12 rounds when do u think he will get back in the ring???,...march???,,april???...may?????
Thanks. What I would definitely recommend Gamboa is to try and get Ismael Salas back on his Team. Salas was a great Cuban amateur Coach and also a solid pro Trainer. His Dad is only able to help him to a certain level but Salas was the one that had him completely polished. Think about it, his best performances were under Salas ( Mtagwa, Whyber Garcia, Salido and Solis ) but don't know why they separated.

If they can't get Salas then the second best option would be Cuban Pedro Diaz. To be honest, I get what you are saying that his lowering of the hands is exciting but it's also very dangerous. I mean, he can do it once in while and it looks cool but he has to do it less and only do it when he feels that he is out of range. I have a feeling that he is going to return very soon as 50 cent is very excited about him facing great names. I would prefer that he faces another C to B solid fighter before facing an elite at 130 pounds. He is only 22-0 and he has time to get 1-2 more fights before an acid test!

Cuban Bon Bon is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #36
Cuban Bon Bon
Proverbs 9:10
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai C View Post
I tend to agree. All of that walk off with his hands low and attempts at 12 punch combinations will get him crushed against the elite. It's a habit that his trainers need to stop right now before he ends up on the short end of a bout. It's undisciplined and does not come without consequence. Of the Cuban 3 amigos, he is the less polished imo.
No, no, no. Out of Gamboa, Rigo and Lara Gamboa is definitely the most accomplished and most talented. Yes, Rigondeaux was better than him in the amateurs ( better than all! ) but Gamboa is more natural and gifted for the pros. I just would love to tell Gamboa a couple of tips that he needs to correct and he would be 100% invincible.

Here are my tips:

#1- He needs to use more his jab, not only to the face but also to the body ( Casamayor was a master at this ).
#2- He needs to throw more body shots, not just to get points but to do heavy damage ( Rigo style ).
#3- He needs to keep his hands up and never completely think that his opponent sucks.

If Gamboa corrects all of these issues trust me, he would be 2 times better.

Cuban Bon Bon is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #37
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
LMFAO@ YOUR RETARD-NESS.

listen lil girl i prolly got kids your age.

do us a favor and stay off my threads .
we have no room for lil girls crying like a bitch.

Lmao u got kids in their 30's ? The only one crying here like a bitch is you .Learn how to have a discussion like an adult and learn how to deal with 2 things ! disagreements and reality .And if you want to come here and exaggerate the truth best believe a fight fan like myself will make sure the truth gets told !You don't own these boards and you sure as well won't infect them !

We already got enough super groupies here!
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #38
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
I agree that he could tighten up a bit on defense but you've got to remember that 50 cent is expecting big things from him so the emphasis, for better or worse, will always be on knockouts.
Yes he's had these problems before the layoff .He was getting tagged way too much and with his wing span he will be easier to counter . The boxing world was expecting big things from him due to his amateur pedigree but it will be short lived if he doesn't tighten up that D and from what I saw Saturday he could end up like Berto !
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #39
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

vCash: 4511

Post #565465464746767647648467864 by a mental retard on esb.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #40
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban Bon Bon View Post
Thanks. What I would definitely recommend Gamboa is to try and get Ismael Salas back on his Team. Salas was a great Cuban amateur Coach and also a solid pro Trainer. His Dad is only able to help him to a certain level but Salas was the one that had him completely polished. Think about it, his best performances were under Salas ( Mtagwa, Whyber Garcia, Salido and Solis ) but don't know why they separated.

If they can't get Salas then the second best option would be Cuban Pedro Diaz. To be honest, I get what you are saying that his lowering of the hands is exciting but it's also very dangerous. I mean, he can do it once in while and it looks cool but he has to do it less and only do it when he feels that he is out of range. I have a feeling that he is going to return very soon as 50 cent is very excited about him facing great names. I would prefer that he faces another C to B solid fighter before facing an elite at 130 pounds. He is only 22-0 and he has time to get 1-2 more fights before an acid test!

yeah man,,salas was getting gamboa to do his thing
i think i remeber that salas left gamboa and went to work with rigo.

also during the farenas fight there were times that u can hear carlos gamboa yelling at yuri to keep his right hand up,,and yuri was ignoring him.

maybe he does need a trainer thats not his family so that he is forced to listen to instructions.

but i cant wait till his next fight,now that most of the cobwebs are gone.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #41
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
No, no, no. Out of Gamboa, Rigo and Lara Gamboa is definitely the most accomplished and most talented. Yes, Rigondeaux was better than him in the amateurs ( better than all! ) but Gamboa is more natural and gifted for the pros. I just would love to tell Gamboa a couple of tips that he needs to correct and he would be 100% invincible.

Here are my tips:

#1- He needs to use more his jab, not only to the face but also to the body ( Casamayor was a master at this ).
#2- He needs to throw more body shots, not just to get points but to do heavy damage ( Rigo style ).
#3- He needs to keep his hands up and never completely think that his opponent sucks.

gamboa does have the potential to be invincible.

thats why people hate on him when he doesnt end every fight in the 1st round.

if he were to dedicate to the bodyshot like rigo,..omg!
it would be devastating.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #42
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipo23 View Post
he is like rigo bum getz dropped runs or clings on like a sissy.

someones a cuban hater huh???

Go skin a koala u wallabe face bum.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #43
Jai C
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Here are my tips:

You sound as if you agree with me, but you say no. My point is if he were more polished he would use his jab more, rip the body for damage and not for show, and keep his hands up.
Jai C is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #44
Jai C
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Of the 3 Cuban boxers, the least disciplined is Gamboa in my opinion. As professionals, knockdowns suffered by these 3 go as followed. Lara 0: Rigondeaux 1: Gamboa 6. He needs to stop being so ****y and respect his craft. I am far from saying he is not a good fighter. I would just hate to see him get KOed for messing around when all he has to do is stay focused.
Jai C is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #45
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
so dominating the opponent,..
knocking him down 2 times
making him miss with 300 punches
and lopsided win on the scorecards..

all that after a 15 month layoff

andu consider that bad????
he beat a guy no one ever heard of.

sugar ray leonard beat marvin hagler after a 3 year layoff....gamboa beat someone who is known for nothing and looked about as average as one can be..... lets quit talking about his 15 month lay off, that sounds like an excuse
iceman71 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum