Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #376
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
OK. Gonna have to find a good measure between enough water and too much piss. Got told off last night at work for going toilet too often lol. I told the manager I was just upping my water intake because I wasn't getting enough previously and it was hindering my gainzzzzzzz mayne. Bertstare back at me.
Drink when you're thirsty. You've probably heard that at that point you're already dehydrated, that's an old obsolete line/idea thrown around. Drink when you feel like it.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #377
det
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
If you're taking a multi then I'd just say to use common sense mate, sip water throughout the day and drink plenty around heavy workouts and I can't see there being an issue.

Yep, there are a lot of products out there that have very extraordinary claims behind them. I'd focus on getting diet nailed down first before worrying about anything else.

Track your calories and weight for a while and see what happens on the scale, then adjust accordingly. If you find getting the calories in tough, then maybe buy a protein powder or something
Nice1. Would anyone recommend a particular brand, something specific to look out for when buying protein powder?
det is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #378
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by det View Post
Nice1. Would anyone recommend a particular brand, something specific to look out for when buying protein powder?
In the UK I think Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is probably the best bet. There are higher 'quality', such as the Hydrowhey, but it is close to 60 for 1.5kg I think it is, because I believe they use a method called cross-flow filtration, which results in the highest quality whey protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
Where you off to?
Yea really enjoying it, really enjoying doing more leg days, my calfs are looking pretty mental from it ha.

All my lifts are increasing accept deads so I'd really like to sort that somehow.
Going down London then to France for a week; we usually go away close to Christmas, I love a break tbh. Last two assignments handed in today on two extremely boring topics in all honesty, so can't wait.

What I'd suggest is maybe every 8 weeks rotate the primary lift on the lower power day. Go from squats to deadlifts for a while.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:51 AM   #379
det
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Thanks jdsm.
det is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:03 AM   #380
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

Should I not be doing deadlifts? I have rack pulls in my routine but no actual deads.
That's sick I'd love to get away for Christmas.

If your buying optimum nutrition it's cheapest on amazon at 23.17 inc delivery but only on the chocolate. If you use code fb40 on the actual O.N website you'll get 40% off none sale items.

Last edited by cutthroat22; 12-12-2012 at 04:14 AM.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:25 AM   #381
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yeah, you could throw deads in on the pull day, since you're going to give your spinal erectors plenty of time between deads and the next squat session. The reason I go with rack pulls on the 'pull' day is because I can go heavier since I'm taking the legs out of the movement, I then rotate squats and deads on the 'strength' days every 8 weeks or so.

What size tub is that for btw mate?
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #382
cutthroat22

Quote:
Yeah, you could throw deads in on the pull day, since you're going to give your spinal erectors plenty of time between deads and the next squat session. The reason I go with rack pulls on the 'pull' day is because I can go heavier since I'm taking the legs out of the movement, I then rotate squats and deads on the 'strength' days every 8 weeks or so.

What size tub is that for btw mate?
My arm size is down a little too since starting so may add a few more tri exercises.

It's the 908g (28 servings) here's a choc mint one. I always use amazon as the cheapest anywhere else is 27+
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000GIQSV6/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1355304965&sr=8-6&pi=SL75[/ame]
Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #383
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Should try ebay mate, you can get the 2.2lb for 45 with free next day delivery.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #384
cutthroat22

Quote:
Should try ebay mate, you can get the 2.2lb for 45 with free next day delivery.
You mean kg? It only saves a quid I hate paying that much in one go even though its better value, It feels less if I spread the cost ha.

Rest day today, just did a 3mile run, first time I've ran in months and was expecting to be shite but I breezed it.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #385
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Just started a new program. 4 day split. Upper push, upper pull, lower push, lower pull.

Been a long time since I've tried anything with this much volume (been doing 531 for the last 6 months, and 3x5 before that), so it's leaving me pretty wiped out, but I'm loving it so far.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #386
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Never heard of lower pull and lower push.
Always heard of it being push/pull/legs
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #387
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichuchu View Post
Never heard of lower pull and lower push.
Always heard of it being push/pull/legs
Push is squat and pull is deadlift. I think only a bodybuilder would say legs.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #388
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah, lower pull is deads, 1-leg deads, udls, glute thrusters. Lower push is squats, front squats, lunges etc...
Primate is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #389
withoutwire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 568

Gains steadily increasing. Intermittent fasting + GST = gainz
withoutwire is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #390
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

My mind is blown how much better I feel just from drinking more water... Maybe placebo but whatever I'm going with it before I was probably getting between 1-1.5 litres...
Smudger is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing