Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 955
vCash: 515
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Scrap is a no talent wannabe?
Well all who know a thing or two about s&c obviously.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #17
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
My advice is find another coach that is more to your liking, what you are saying is boxing or boxing coach are not for you. Find an MMA coach as you said they know. This boxing coach you are talking about sounds like a bucket carrier wanna be. No wonder you are pissed. The real problem is that at the beginner or non-professional level, you are going to find wanna be's. The good coaches are looking for talent, and usually wont spend time on a newbe or a non-professional. In your case you seem to be doing it to keep in shape and practice whatever you are working on. If you have this coach still advising you, then it's not his fault that you are listening to him its your fault for staying there. Find a coach you can respect and is saying the things you wanna hear, why do you keep listening to this coach is beyond me. Find another coach or you become a coach and teach the stuff you know. Its that simple.

its not that simple because when it comes to boxing
he is a good coach,
he had 200 amateur fights in serbia,
worked with several top fighters here in canada

and has a wonderful eye for spotting mistakes you
make your boxing and correcting, so his boxing know how
is to be respected

but the guy is 68 years old, and is beyond stuck in his ways
just sees weights as bullshit, he says things even other old coaches wont

and i am not just staying in shape
me and a several guys from the same club are competing in january in a tournment here.


i never said mma coaches "know"
what i said was that,
they seem to be interested in different training methods

and speaking of wanta be's that sport has way more of them then boxing thats for sure,
having trained with a few
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #18
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
4eyes, you have run into the well known yap pack, who just piss on anything anybody has to say. The yappers are no-talent wanna be's who couldnt get a good coach to even listen to them. They come on here telling everybody that they know and boxing coaches are full of fecal matter and no nothings. Maybe if these yappers knew there was a door to the gym where that useless coach is and that they could use the same door and walk out. It's just that they are frustrated and whining, they havent figured that they can use the same door that they came in to leave, duh!
first off, speaking of walking into doors
i am part owner of the gym
he coaches at,
so there goes that little cheap shot

2nd its not whinning
its being annoyed at why some these are so stupid in certain areas
and have something against doing any research before
giving people advice, on anything besides boxing....
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #19
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 955
vCash: 515
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
its not that simple because when it comes to boxing
he is a good coach,
he had 200 amateur fights in serbia,
worked with several top fighters here in canada

and has a wonderful eye for spotting mistakes you
make your boxing and correcting, so his boxing know how
is to be respected

but the guy is 68 years old, and is beyond stuck in his ways
just sees weights as bullshit, he says things even other old coaches wont

and i am not just staying in shape
me and a several guys from the same club are competing in january in a tournment here.


i never said mma coaches "know"
what i said was that,
they seem to be interested in different training methods

and speaking of wanta be's that sport has way more of them then boxing thats for sure,
having trained with a few
Is it maybe srba maric?Im relativly close to serbia.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #20
captain hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ZGB - Croatia
Posts: 542
vCash: 1794
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

why dont you do weights when not boxing, f.e. in morning or on weekends when you maybe have more time.. if you know what i mean.
captain hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #21
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

i do lift on weekends

his name is george
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #22
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
its not that simple because when it comes to boxing
he is a good coach,
he had 200 amateur fights in serbia,
worked with several top fighters here in canada

and has a wonderful eye for spotting mistakes you
make your boxing and correcting, so his boxing know how
is to be respected

but the guy is 68 years old, and is beyond stuck in his ways
just sees weights as bullshit, he says things even other old coaches wont

and i am not just staying in shape
me and a several guys from the same club are competing in january in a tournment here.


i never said mma coaches "know"
what i said was that,
they seem to be interested in different training methods

and speaking of wanta be's that sport has way more of them then boxing thats for sure,
having trained with a few
Finally a voice of reason, that can see what's what. Now it might be clearer the coach you have is probably a good coach for the amateurs, but if you want more from a trainer, you have to look past his having fought 200 times as an amateur.
I am in South Texas and deal primarily with Mexicans and that style of fighting and training. There are two former 2x world champions in Texas, and both of them are trainer wannabe's. The problem is that they teach the way they fought and that style while good for them is not so good with the guys they are training. Could this be the problem?
Good to know you are Canadian, my guy Marco A Rubio, fought David Lemieux, does your trainer train Lemieux?
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #23
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
Well all who know a thing or two about s&c obviously.
Hmmmmm....! Please tell me where I mentioned scrap? Who is scrap? Yappers keep yapping I know you look forward to this
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
first off, speaking of walking into doors
i am part owner of the gym
he coaches at,
so there goes that little cheap shot

2nd its not whinning
its being annoyed at why some these are so stupid in certain areas
and have something against doing any research before
giving people advice, on anything besides boxing....
I am directing my comments to people who are here to piss on other people. Now, it's quite simple really, if the guy is a good boxing coach then bring in someone to help who understands the conditioning aspects of training that you want. Boxing coaches should just teach boxing. A good team, should be the head coach(the boxing trainer), asst trainer, usually handles the day to day activities and training which includes some conditioning, and a cutman.
Now if you have a problem, such as getting the weight off or putting weight on then you bring in a specialist, maybe an S&C guy who then will work on the problem. The problem arises when like in another thread, they claim JMM's win was cos of the S&C guys. If they watch the fight they will see JMM threw a hail mary punch, cos JMM at that point was taking heat and looked worse for wear.
Now people are saying "roids" might have had something to do with the win.
I would like to believe that JMM won cos he was determined not to lose. If you look before the ko, JMM was not looking good, and was taking heat. If you look JMM, set himself mentally and threw that shot. Determination and his mindset, made that win possible. JMM has had that S&C guy for over a year.
Dont get on the trainer, the trainer is doing what he knows, since you are part owner of the gym, bring in a conditioning guy and tell the boxing coach this is the way it's going to be. If this coach has put in fighters who weren't ready, like Lemieux, or his fighters are never in shape or cant make weight than you have ammunition to lay down the law, if his guy's are winning, and are in shape and ready to fight then he is doing a great job.
If you go on Facebook, look up Maple Avenue gym, Dallas, and the Aztec pride gym, Fernando Castrejon. Do you have a FB page or website? Sorry for the cheap shot wasnt aimed at you, only aimed at the yappers and they know who they are.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #25
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,929
vCash: 500
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
I am directing my comments to people who are here to piss on other people. Now, it's quite simple really, if the guy is a good boxing coach then bring in someone to help who understands the conditioning aspects of training that you want. Boxing coaches should just teach boxing. A good team, should be the head coach(the boxing trainer), asst trainer, usually handles the day to day activities and training which includes some conditioning, and a cutman.
Now if you have a problem, such as getting the weight off or putting weight on then you bring in a specialist, maybe an S&C guy who then will work on the problem. The problem arises when like in another thread, they claim JMM's win was cos of the S&C guys. If they watch the fight they will see JMM threw a hail mary punch, cos JMM at that point was taking heat and looked worse for wear.
Now people are saying "roids" might have had something to do with the win.
I would like to believe that JMM won cos he was determined not to lose. If you look before the ko, JMM was not looking good, and was taking heat. If you look JMM, set himself mentally and threw that shot. Determination and his mindset, made that win possible. JMM has had that S&C guy for over a year.
Dont get on the trainer, the trainer is doing what he knows, since you are part owner of the gym, bring in a conditioning guy and tell the boxing coach this is the way it's going to be. If this coach has put in fighters who weren't ready, like Lemieux, or his fighters are never in shape or cant make weight than you have ammunition to lay down the law, if his guy's are winning, and are in shape and ready to fight then he is doing a great job.
If you go on Facebook, look up Maple Avenue gym, Dallas, and the Aztec pride gym, Fernando Castrejon. Do you have a FB page or website? Sorry for the cheap shot wasnt aimed at you, only aimed at the yappers and they know who they are.
You think JMM threw a hail mary punch? Your opinion on boxing is to be taken as seriously as your opinion on strength and conditioning.
You referred to Scrap as a yapper in your rant to 4eyes, reading and comprehension certainly aren't your strong points.
dealt_with is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #26
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
You think JMM threw a hail mary punch? Your opinion on boxing is to be taken as seriously as your opinion on strength and conditioning.
You referred to Scrap as a yapper in your rant to 4eyes, reading and comprehension certainly aren't your strong points.
First and foremost who is scrap? I don't believe I mentioned anybody's name only the yappers with assine fecal matter. I comment on things that I read on this forum from children who resort to name calling and just looking to mess with people. I dont believe I have seen a post with his name, that was as way stooooooooopit as yours, anybody can have an opinion even you. Boxing teaches sportsmanship and respect maybe you missed that part. I am really curious, I would like to know what and who you are, cos it sounds like you are a real nobody. You come up with a turd and call it a rose, and it is a rose cos you say so, huh?! Ha ha, sorry, LOL, LMAO

Does my opinion mean that much to you, dang, I am flattered that you read my posts so carefully, I will send more that will keep you informed and entertained about all my future opinions. I am sure you will look forward to them.

My new thread will be about punching power. Pick any fighter that you know is a powderpuff puncher, and get all the modern science and technology and change him into a killer puncher. You can add your brilliant insightful comments which I know I will be looking for.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 AM   #27
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
I am directing my comments to people who are here to piss on other people. Now, it's quite simple really, if the guy is a good boxing coach then bring in someone to help who understands the conditioning aspects of training that you want. Boxing coaches should just teach boxing. A good team, should be the head coach(the boxing trainer), asst trainer, usually handles the day to day activities and training which includes some conditioning, and a cutman.
Now if you have a problem, such as getting the weight off or putting weight on then you bring in a specialist, maybe an S&C guy who then will work on the problem. The problem arises when like in another thread, they claim JMM's win was cos of the S&C guys. If they watch the fight they will see JMM threw a hail mary punch, cos JMM at that point was taking heat and looked worse for wear.
Now people are saying "roids" might have had something to do with the win.
I would like to believe that JMM won cos he was determined not to lose. If you look before the ko, JMM was not looking good, and was taking heat. If you look JMM, set himself mentally and threw that shot. Determination and his mindset, made that win possible. JMM has had that S&C guy for over a year.
Dont get on the trainer, the trainer is doing what he knows, since you are part owner of the gym, bring in a conditioning guy and tell the boxing coach this is the way it's going to be. If this coach has put in fighters who weren't ready, like Lemieux, or his fighters are never in shape or cant make weight than you have ammunition to lay down the law, if his guy's are winning, and are in shape and ready to fight then he is doing a great job.
If you go on Facebook, look up Maple Avenue gym, Dallas, and the Aztec pride gym, Fernando Castrejon. Do you have a FB page or website? Sorry for the cheap shot wasnt aimed at you, only aimed at the yappers and they know who they are.

i agree with you totally about that a boxing coach should teach you boxing, and you bring other coaches for other stuff...for sure

but here is the problem,
this guy like a few other boxing coaches
thinks they are S&C coaches
too
because they can tell you to run,
and do push ups, sit ups etc

and dont need that bodybuilding crap around,
because we are training boxers here
not weight lifters or gymnast its

you want good cardio-run and run and run

you want good power-hit the bag and do push ups and pull ups

all that other stuff is unnecessary for boxing or even harmful
because it doesnt help cardio and will make you stiff

TRUST ME I AM BOXER AND HAVE BEEN A COACH FOR 40 YEARS

maybe that other stuff will help a wrestler or something
but this is boxing....i know boxing

You tell him some facts or ask him to do research
you get a smirk back or repeat of how he
knows boxing and doesnt need to read some
weight lifters article lol

NOW YOU SEE, WHY I AM ANNOYED


ps
people who consider some circuit training over running for cardio
are just too lazy to run....lol
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:37 AM   #28
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 500
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

It's an unfortunate attitude and it's not unique to boxing. Traditional martial arts suffer from it to a huge degree. I've seen karate guys doing plyometric pushups on their knuckles. BJJ guys who think that all you need to do is drill and roll and drill and roll and drill and roll, they get lazy as **** doing anything else. I had a Tae Kwon Do guy ask me about getting fit when he was preparing for a tournament he had coming up, I told him about a hill nearby that I was sprinting on the weekends and said he should come along. He asked me if that would work his quads, because he thought his quads needed more work. I told him he'd find out on Monday morning.
Primate is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #29
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 955
vCash: 515
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
It's an unfortunate attitude and it's not unique to boxing. Traditional martial arts suffer from it to a huge degree. I've seen karate guys doing plyometric pushups on their knuckles. BJJ guys who think that all you need to do is drill and roll and drill and roll and drill and roll, they get lazy as **** doing anything else. I had a Tae Kwon Do guy ask me about getting fit when he was preparing for a tournament he had coming up, I told him about a hill nearby that I was sprinting on the weekends and said he should come along. He asked me if that would work his quads, because he thought his quads needed more work. I told him he'd find out on Monday morning.
Yea i have friends and associates who are like that,i dont speak with them about S&C anymore.I just tell them,do what you want,its terrible.
When i want to explain something to them they dont want to listen,and i dont want to "spill pearls in front of pigs" anymore,how my people say.
Exmaple,one guy doesnt want to lift more than 30 kg on benchpress cause he wants speed not big muscles .

Last edited by pecho26; 12-12-2012 at 07:06 AM.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #30
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why do many boxing coaches think boxing is damn different from other sports???

Your Body is an Orchestra, when under the right conductor, will perform Melodies of Beauty. As long as each Musician is Skilled, to perform there instrument with Clarity, something wonderful happens. Similar to Boxing in a lot of ways.
scrap is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013