Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #1
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Anyone else an even bigger fan of Pacquiao after this loss?

Manny's a true legend in our time.

Our sport will be worse off without him, win/lose/draw he's a true blockbuster. I can't understand why the majority of so called boxing fans are so quick to dismiss a true legendary fighter like him.

It's quite sad and pathetic, really... in many a years people will look back on his career like we do the likes of Roberto Duran today.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #2
Elliot
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 634
Default Re: Anyone else an even bigger fan of Pacquiao after this loss?

He showed class in this loss as far as im aware, I still think he was slightly over rated and wouldn't have stood a chance against floyd but I still watch all his fights
Elliot is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
JoeCamelTow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I've enjoyed all of Pac's fights(except for the bullshit scores on some) inded one of the most exciting fighters of his generation. A great fighter but extremely overrated with that GOAT crap.
JoeCamelTow is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:16 AM   #4
JoeCamelTow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
He showed class in this loss as far as im aware, I still think he was slightly over rated and wouldn't have stood a chance against floyd but I still watch all his fights
This is getting old and overblown though.
JoeCamelTow is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:18 AM   #5
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamelTow View Post
I've enjoyed all of Pac's fights(except for the bullshit scores on some) inded one of the most exciting fighters of his generation. A great fighter but extremely overrated with that GOAT crap.
Far as I know, there weren't but a few trolls and diehard Pactards who said such a thing.

He'll go down in history, of that there is very little doubt.. but he was never gonna be the greatest of all time.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

I Know I am.. Manny went for the KO against JMM and got knocked out for his troubles. After the fight he had no excuses, he gave JMM his props and he even mentioned he wanted to fight him for a 5th time.. Pac was soo humble in defeat. I've always respected Manny as a man but my respect has got even deeper for him.. Manny is a special human being. No doubt in my mind Manny will be back better than ever..
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:21 AM   #7
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I would pay to see him knocked out again that's for sure.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 AM   #8
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

well so far he's carried this defeat with extreme grace and class. but it's early. i remember carl froch was extrememly humble after his loss to ward only to say a while later that the night he fought ward, that was not him in the ring. but i'm a fan of manny, his fans are another story. they only know him. they don't even know the rich boxing history in the philipines. here's a true story, a few years ago i saw luisito espinosa working at costco as a stock boy, and i was blushing and said to my gf that's a boixng legend right there, wonder if i can talk to him and say what a great fighter he is or would he be embarassed to have one of his fans see him like this. the person behind me heard me, who was philipino claims he doesn't know espinosa and he ony watches boxing because of pacquiao.
motownsiu is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:34 AM   #9
jansby mac
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Manny's a true legend in our time.

Our sport will be worse off without him, win/lose/draw he's a true blockbuster. I can't understand why the majority of so called boxing fans are so quick to dismiss a true legendary fighter like him.

It's quite sad and pathetic, really... in many a years people will look back on his career like we do the likes of Roberto Duran today.
jansby mac is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:37 AM   #10
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Jeez, I can hear violin music and your mom crying in the back as you type your post. WTF is up with extra sensitive boxing fans? It's a brutal sport. You'd think fans who love watching violence would have thick skin. Not the case here.

Pac is a great fighter. Let me repeat that before someone gets butthurt about my post. HE IS A GREAT FIGHTER. But I will not miss him when he's gone. Boxing always finds a way to replace its legends. I'm already excited about the new batch of talent (Broner, Mikey Garcia, GRJ, Santa Cruz, Golovkin, Matthysse, etc.). Out with the old, in with the new.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:38 AM   #11
jansby mac
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownsiu View Post
well so far he's carried this defeat with extreme grace and class. but it's early. i remember carl froch was extrememly humble after his loss to ward only to say a while later that the night he fought ward, that was not him in the ring. but i'm a fan of manny, his fans are another story. they only know him. they don't even know the rich boxing history in the philipines. here's a true story, a few years ago i saw luisito espinosa working at costco as a stock boy, and i was blushing and said to my gf that's a boixng legend right there, wonder if i can talk to him and say what a great fighter he is or would he be embarassed to have one of his fans see him like this. the person behind me heard me, who was philipino claims he doesn't know espinosa and he ony watches boxing because of pacquiao.
Hope pac takes care of his finances well and not end up like most of the boxers in the phils. Sad to see great fighters end up broke after all they've done for the sport.
jansby mac is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:46 AM   #12
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansby mac View Post
Hope pac takes care of his finances well and not end up like most of the boxers in the phils. Sad to see great fighters end up broke after all they've done for the sport.
fighters always seem to think they'd be the exception after knowing that history has shown the odds are not good. they think they are the exception of going broke, the exception that when they come out of retirement that they won't be a stepping stone for a young up and comer. i hear espinosa is doing better these days. although he's still not rich i hear he's a boxing coach for university san francisco. don't know if that's part time or not.
motownsiu is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:18 AM   #13
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
Jeez, I can hear violin music and your mom crying in the back as you type your post. WTF is up with extra sensitive boxing fans? It's a brutal sport. You'd think fans who love watching violence would have thick skin. Not the case here.
Yeah, what's up with all the corny shit

¨I liek him more because he's so humble and gracious in defeat and beautiful person and cares for little children blablahblah¨

Wtf, some of these guys sound more like fans of Oprah instead of boxing fans

If anything, I regained some of my lost admiration for Pac because he looked sharper, more aggresive and physically better than he's been in several fights. Round 5 was practically a return of Pac prime, that Pac would have slaughtered Bradley. Let's be honest, he was dismantling Marquez the last two rounds but got overconfident and paid the price.
locard is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #14
steviebruno
ESB NYC Delegate
ESB Senior Member

Let's all hug Manny's nuts! Getting face-planted by relics is cool as shit!
steviebruno is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #15
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It's very sad people have criticised him, but he's the most exciting fighter of his generation, and will certainly go down as an all time great when you look back on his fights and career in 10 years time. Him and Mayweather have single-handedly dominated the sport in the last 10 years.

He still has time to elevate his status even more. A rematch win over Marquez and if he were to ever fight and beat Mayweather, his status goes through the roof so his legacy is still yet to be defined in my opinion
Miguel is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum