boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

View Poll Results: Who takes the rematch?
MacDonald 12 70.59%
Condit 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #16
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: Rory MacDonald vs. Carlos Condit II

Hopefully CC punches the angry young man out again, won't be easy!
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 01:33 AM   #17
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
In response to Rory MacDonald's challenge after UFC On Fox 5, Carlos Condit says 'I'm in'
By Chris Hall on Dec 11, 11:03p

Carlos Condit had a two-word response for Rory MacDonald's challenge after UFC On Fox 5.

At UFC On Fox 5, Canadian up-and-comer Rory MacDonald squared off against former two-division champion B.J. Penn in the second fight of the main card. Immediately after referee Herb Dean started the action, "Ares" spent the next 15 minutes thoroughly dominating Penn. Once in the first and twice in the second round, Rory had Penn reeling. After the bout ended in a lopsided decision, MacDonald had a single message for the UFC brass: he wants a rematch with former interim Welterweight champion Carlos Condit.

In the weekend following the event, Ariel Helwani got a chance to catch up to Condit for his thoughts. He related them Tuesday night on UFC Tonight:

"I'm in." That's all Carlos Condit said. He said the fight makes a lot of sense to him and he thinks the fans will love it, so it appears we'll have a rematch.

Obviously, nothing is official yet, but UFC president Dana White has said before that he loves when fighters call each other out. It also makes sense according to the rankings as Rory just beat the #14 welterweight and he'll need a top fighter in the division next. On top of that, both fighters had an incredible performance in their first bout at UFC 115. Many gave the first two rounds of that bout to Rory until Condit came out in the third to finish the Canadian with less than 10 seconds left in the fight. With MacDonald on a 4 fight win streak now and Condit coming off a title shot loss, it's the perfect time to book this rematch.
Be careful what you wish for!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #18
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

No offence Boddi but you might lose you avatar once again on this one !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #19
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

If these two fight, I think it would be a main event and maybe an eliminator for Rory. If this is the case, it is a 5 rounder and that changes everything for me. Rory is a little more talented and better technically than Condit but that can tend to be over-ridden in the fight game if you don't have smarts. Rorys getting really confident and trying a tonne of skills in his fights, I just don't know if its very smart given how dangerous Condit is on his feet and on the ground.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #20
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
No offence Boddi but you might lose you avatar once again on this one !
Not if I don't participate

I see all things being equal unless CC's confidence is shot. They are about as even as you can get when it comes to standup, Mac can neutralize that with his TD, but I believe CC puts his punches together better. A few nasty shots to the head was the difference last time, we shall see!

This is a good thing as Nick Diaz is still on his couch, and Johny Hendricks waits in the shadows! There is still hope for justice in WW matchmaking, GSP must be

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum