Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Which Boxer Makes the Best Entrance to the Fight Song Or Taste in Music
Wlad Klitskchko - REdhot Chillipeppers "Cant stop the 6 13.95%
MIke Tyson - Tupac "toss it up or "ambitions as a rydah" 17 39.53%
Pavlik - Korn "various korn songs" 2 4.65%
Carl Froch - the oliver soundtrack "pick a pocket or two (fagans theme" 0 0%
James Kirkland - Fleetwood Mac "rhiannon" 0 0%
Ricky Hatton - Blue Moon (sung by various singers an old song) 8 18.60%
Bernard Hopkins - Bob Dylan - HIghway 61 revisited 5 11.63%
Chad Dawson - Jehtro Tull "aqualung & thicka s a brick" 2 4.65%
Andre Berto - John Coaltrain "Giant steps" 2 4.65%
Brand Rios - Kate Bush "hounds of love" 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #46
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Talking Re: Ricky Burns ducking Broner again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.BULLA View Post
Fair enough but are you seriously saying that you know for certain that
Ricky Burns is pleading with his promotoer " pleeeeeeeeeeese DO NOT make a fight with Broner ?? "

You dont think , considering W*rrens history it more down to him not making any moves to make the fight ? "

When in reality most boxers will fight anyone and most boxers have huge self belief

Ducking is such a lazy accusation to throw around
He talks as if he 's discovered a cure for cancer mate.As if he's the only person to see those things.
It's useless trying to reason with him.He's only interested in reactionary humour for kids.
There are a few people here showing they know nothing about boxing promotion and conditioning for big fights.
Thankfully,there are some on both sides who get it.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #47
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Ricky Burns ducking Broner again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Burns isn't ducking Broner. Why would he anyway? He's not known to duck opponents.

I think the problem here is your bias for the overrated Broner. When he moves up to 140 he gets destroyed. His obese dad won't let him move up.
Boxing101 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #48
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
He's done a full camp for no wages and this was supposed to be a tune-up with a big fight being promised to him for next year.
Spend some time on the Brit forum and you'll realise that Ricky's problem is that he has a ****pig of a promoter who is stifling him.Even the majority of people who don't like Ricky acknowledge that he wants the big fights and it's the promoter who's scared of losing him.
This cancellation could be a good thing,because it puts Ricky in a position where he can start to make demands.
I'm going to try and be civil with you here in the hope that you'll do some research and get to the meat and bones of this subject.
Ricky knows that his fans were sick with the choice of opponent for Saturday and will be making his feelings known.I don't mind the assertion that Broner beats Ricky because although I'm a fan,I'm well aware that Broner is more than a bit special,but to suggest Ricky is scared of anyone and doesn't want big fights is 100% untrue.
His promoter knows he loses total control if Ricky signs to fight Broner over there and that's the issue here.It's all very well to say Ricky should walk away but there's a lot more to it than that and I'd be happy to enlighten you if you wish.
Mate your words are legend
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #49
StaceeJaxx
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Why would Burns fight Broner? He'd have no chance..
StaceeJaxx is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #50
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Andrade View Post
same difference point is still valid
No your point is bias , stigmatic and prejudice
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #51
Stylez G.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I really thought you knew better mate.You say you're a fan of Ricky yet you rubbish his last 5 fights? That fight on Saturday was a Xmas bonus/reward for Ricky and we're being led to believe that Ricky suffered a shit opponent so everyone could make money with the provision that he gets a big fight next year.
There are a few people here who clearly have no idea how boxing works for non-HBO superstars and I didn't have you down as one of them.
If Ricky fights Broner he'll need a 12 week preparation and his head isn't right with all the ****ing about for Saturday.
Why is Broner having any problems getting an opponent for Feb?
And as someone pointed out,Ricky's promoter is terrified of Ricky performing well on HBO,as every time that happens he loses his fighter,and for those unfamiliar with the way things work, promoters still have a say in what their fighters do.
Because no one wants to fight him. Guys like Ricky Burns need 3 months to prepare for him. It's not easy at this stage of his career for Broner to find quality opponents.
Stylez G. is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #52
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez G. View Post
Because no one wants to fight him. Guys like Ricky Burns need 3 months to prepare for him. It's not easy at this stage of his career for Broner to find quality opponents.
It was a rhetorical question mate.No top name in their right mind is going to sig up for a tough opponent at the top of an HBO bill with this short notice.
Especially after a completely wasted camp which has probably caused all sorts of problems that the average fan doesn't think about.
And I agree with you 100% on it being tough for Broner to find decent opponents.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #53
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyboyEs***UK View Post
Mate your words are legend
Thanks mate,but sadly the TS and a couple others aren't interested in facts and reality.
They only like the shock value and playground humour.For them,balanced discussion is no fun.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #54
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceeJaxx View Post
Why would Burns fight Broner? He'd have no chance..
I don't know mate,even though I'm a fan of Burns I think Broner might have enough to beat him.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #55
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
So Ricky's fight was canceled and instead of his camp talking about fighting Broner in February they are talking about setting up some random fight in late January in Glasgow.

run Ricky run

Pops saw this coming
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

#teamPrinceN

Mayweather
Ward
Broner
Canelo

keeping an eye on Thurman
Yeah he should fight Broner in 1 and half months time, thick twat
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #56
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing101;14383746[B
]Burns isn't ducking Broner. Why would he anyway? He's not known to duck opponents.[/b]

I think the problem here is your bias for the overrated Broner. When he moves up to 140 he gets destroyed. His obese dad won't let him move up.
Because Broner is the " Problem". See you are already talking about Broner going to 140
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #57
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

PityTheFool is a clown Burns has been a pro for over 10 years and he says he needs a tune up for Broner. Broner and Burns will have the same amount of time to prepare.
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #58
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
He's done a full camp for no wages and this was supposed to be a tune-up with a big fight being promised to him for next year.
Spend some time on the Brit forum and you'll realise that Ricky's problem is that he has a ****pig of a promoter who is stifling him.Even the majority of people who don't like Ricky acknowledge that he wants the big fights and it's the promoter who's scared of losing him.
This cancellation could be a good thing,because it puts Ricky in a position where he can start to make demands.
I'm going to try and be civil with you here in the hope that you'll do some research and get to the meat and bones of this subject.
Ricky knows that his fans were sick with the choice of opponent for Saturday and will be making his feelings known.I don't mind the assertion that Broner beats Ricky because although I'm a fan,I'm well aware that Broner is more than a bit special,but to suggest Ricky is scared of anyone and doesn't want big fights is 100% untrue.
His promoter knows he loses total control if Ricky signs to fight Broner over there and that's the issue here.It's all very well to say Ricky should walk away but there's a lot more to it than that and I'd be happy to enlighten you if you wish.
This is all well and good, but you typed all that to say "Rickey is ducking Broner, but it's not his fault, he has a shit promoter"?
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #59
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing101 View Post
Burns isn't ducking Broner. Why would he anyway? He's not known to duck opponents.

Why are we talking about 140, what the **** does 140 have to do with anything?
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #60
Stylez G.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
It was a rhetorical question mate.No top name in their right mind is going to sig up for a tough opponent at the top of an HBO bill with this short notice.
Especially after a completely wasted camp which has probably caused all sorts of problems that the average fan doesn't think about.
And I agree with you 100% on it being tough for Broner to find decent opponents.

Burns can fight who he wants. I'm just stating that guys aren't lining up to fight Broner. They've tried to make the fight with Burns before. The last time, Burns said he couldn't make the weight anymore. Now, he needs 3 months to prepare. I'm not knocking the guy in any sort of way, but good opportunities don't always come around.
Stylez G. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum