Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #16
dannyboy147
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

I feel bad for lirva, didn't he charter a private jet to head out to America to sit ringside for this?
dannyboy147 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #17
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Ladies and gentleman we have a zombie in the hooooose. A goose in the hoose.

This zombie is all over twatter and youtube, and is keeping up a record for new poster with most threads. Roughly 1 new thread every hour.

Oh dear.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #18
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

I do think it's amazing how Hearn and Brook get a pass just for being upfront. If a Frank fighter got injured there would be widespread anger and distrust.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #19
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I do think it's amazing how Hearn and Brook get a pass just for being upfront. If a Frank fighter got injured there would be widespread anger and distrust.
People have a mistust of fisheyes with many years of dissapointments to back it up.Hearn we will give the benifit of the doubt for the time being.
ashedward is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #20
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

I wouldn't be surprised if Brook pulls out.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #21
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

They are clearly reading on here about peoples thoughts on all the pullouts, and clearly learning from W-arrens mistakes. They are looking to capitalize on that, and look great in public image in doing it.

They are already trying to shine, all smiles for the cameras, and trying very hard to get that image, I dont think I've been bombarded with so much PR since I've been watching Boxing. And with the Hearns at the helm this is sure to continue, the fighters arent just fighters anymore, they are objects to be moved around to sell fights. And because Sly know how the zombie population works, (paying hundreds of pounds a month for subscriptions.) They can basically tell these people how to think and feel about these fighters. I heard it from the horses mouth before, "As long as people keep wanting it we'll keep providing it"....

Carl Froch is presented as a man of the people.....you dont know him, but YOU WILL believe the same.

Zombies: "Oh yehhhhh, Carl Froch, man of the people he is!"

I seen it with the darts when they monopolized that.

Its just uncle tom group think aimed at stereotypical demographics, Sly are the worst for it.....come on then, come and "plant" me shills, make me look wrong, make me look bad.

This arsehole knows what he is on about, and you do to!

Revenue - 6.791 billion (2012)
Operating income - 1.243 billion (2012)
Net income - 0.970 billion (2012)

craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #22
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Eddie and Kell read about our opinions we had on the fight the other day and thought, "Oh shit, Lord Lazarus has spoken! We must pull out at once" and then, came this 'injury'.

I hear and see all. Kellith Brooketh, shall now be known as Sir Lisp and Duck.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #23
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Eddie and Kell read about our opinions we had on the fight the other day and thought, "Oh shit, Lord Lazarus has spoken! We must pull out at once" and then, came this 'injury'.

I hear and see all. Kellith Brooketh, shall now be known as Sir Lisp and Duck.
Hearn is active on here, you better believe it. He is gauging the demographics. This is how their brains at Sly work. I know my man, I've been looking at this and the strategy for years. The product is basically selling itself at extortionate rates because of the zombie population. Just look at the f*cking numbers for 2012 dude......look at operating costs and revenue.

They are taking advantage, they know people are getting pissed of about all these pullouts, and having to crawl around to get their money back, so rather than being like the rest and loosing a chunk of their own image they have worked so hard to build up, they will try and put the fight back 2-3 weeks so the fight still goes head. Its just taking advantage of the situation, they can see W-arren making and breaking fights in 5 minutes, instead of putting the fight back a few weeks...its onto the next one.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #24
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Brook pulls out.
Explain in detail please the reasons why you think that might happen.
ashedward is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #25
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedward View Post
Explain in detail please the reasons why you think that might happen.
Yes, certainly.

Quack f*cking quack!

Said it before, Ill say it again. Alexander beats Brook UD. To fast, to awkward, to experienced.

Just look at the guys he has been in with, he has fought 10 times better opposition. Easy work IMO, Brook just wont be able to land anything clean. We all know "accury" is one if not his best asset, but with a buzzing energetic fly like Alexander, I can see Alexander making Kell miss with lots of unpredictable movement, Kell getting frustrated, showing it, and then not getting the correct advice in the corner to change mid way.

Another advantage for Alexander is that he has fought similar style fighters and he made Witter (an Ingle fighter) quit on the stool....I guess one advantage for Brook, is that Dom has seen Alexander at first hand before.

Dont think its going to be enough for Brook to win the fight though.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #26
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2000

The talk in the States is a clear duck by Brook and Al;exander should just move on.Nobody knows who Brook is over here anyways.No loss.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #27
jonny
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I for 1 would give them a pass, on the grounds the fish would probably let everyone buy there tickets pull out a week b4, and the fans would end up having to watch something different to what they bought tickets for.
jonny is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #28
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
I for 1 would give them a pass, on the grounds the fish would probably let everyone buy there tickets pull out a week b4, and the fans would end up having to watch something different to what they bought tickets for.
you mean like purdy / jones
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #29
jonny
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaboilc lion View Post
you mean like purdy / jones
yeh! point taken, Just seem to have a lot more memories of the fish.

I will rephrase my original point, Matchroom come across honest and truthful with the fans, and as stated in the FWP post on paige 1, matchroom give Refunds for this scenario as others say tough shit!!!

Last edited by jonny; 12-12-2012 at 01:51 PM.
jonny is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #30
Undisputed P4P
esb FBL & FIFA 12 champ
ESB Addict

vCash: 388
Question Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Golden boy will probably go ahead with the show as they've begun to put an undercard together and i think its their only show in january. Alexander probably defends his title and then they reschedule for late march or early april.
Undisputed P4P is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum