Old 12-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #61
Flyers2001
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 587
Default Re: Question about Floyd and Pac styles of fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit View Post
Again you make no since .. one Floyd was never really hurt by judah .. second being rocked by corley witch he recovered 15 second later and dominated corley and mostly... in both cases he was caught with shot he didn't see coming, and yet he still held up and dominated ..

just how many time has Pac been rocked ? answer: plenty. yet public opinion is, pac has a good chin..

again that claim dose not sit to well, especially since pac has been knocked cold twice now, and hurt a number of times.

So your argument on floyd chin does not hold. he has a great chin, id give him an A for his chin. he taken shot from other fighter and nothing happened.

please don't use the fact, that floyd put himself down because he hurt his hand.. Keep the debate intelligent, that makes you look bad, because you're reaching for straws with that statement. Even with the broke hand Floyd went on to dominate and win his first belt. so lets stay on topic he has yet to be put down with a good punch let alone stay in trouble .
Not sure why you quoted me. Unless you cannot read. I was agreeing that Floyd HAS a chin.
Flyers2001 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #62
Flyers2001
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetray View Post
Floyd power punch is not stong enough to ko Pac.
And..... Floyd doesn't try to KO guys with 1 punch, so thank you for your very intelligent contribution.

Sleep soundly guys, sweetray has it all under control.
Flyers2001 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #63
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor879 View Post
Pacquiao would land roughly the same amount as everybody else: 20% or less.

JMM and Pacquiao are the same size. Now watch JMM vs Mayweather and look at the size disparity, and tell me again how Pacquiao would be able to close distance without eating right hands. Mayweather can literally just lean back behind his shoulder and Pacquiao would barely have the arm length to touch him.

He won't close distance without eating a right hand. The guy has almost ZERO chance, which is a puncher's chance. He'd have to catch Mayweather with the perfect punch and finish him: HIGHLY UNLIKELY given Mayweather's defensive ability and world class chin.

Symphenyceo is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #64
LoRd_inFamousX1
Lord of the Square Rings
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
Floyd beats the piss out of him. He's the better inside fighter, he's better outside, he's got better instincts, he's better defensively, and overall is the more skilled fighter. His movement in the pocket would be tough for Manny to deal with, I think Floyd would be waking Manny down by the end of the fight and possibly stop him late.
LoRd_inFamousX1 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #65
Southpaw1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
I don't know who would win. I do find it laughable people think Floyd would win because of the Marquez KO.

Firstly FLoyd's KO record is poor, Marquez' is impressive. He has known power in his right. Secondly they are both counter punchers but very different kinds. Marquez counters toe to toe, Floyd counters with singles at a distance. Thirdly Marquez can take shots, he will go in harms way - that's how he got the chance to counter Pacquiao. He will willingly stand and take some big shots himself to open up the chance for big counters. Floyd does not do this. Let's not forget Pacquiao was battering Marquez at that point also and giving him a lot of problems before that counter which was completely at odds with how the fight was going.

Mayweather would keep the fight at a distance and jab and get the odd coutner with his right which is always primed for that single counter follow through. So that's why Floyd wouldn't necessarily give Pac the same problems Marquez does - Marquez can fight toe to toe, take a punch and look to counter. Mayweather covers up when toe to toe, he does not counter when under pressure or he would have KO'd Cotto quite easily.

Why would Pacquiao give him problems? The shoulder roll just doesn't work as well against left handers. Pacquiao's speed in his offense is something Mayweather hasn't faced before. Pacquiao's speed would allow him to connect with Floyd a lot more often than Floyd has been used to in fights. Floyd does not have a good chin, he has a great defense but when exposed he's been shaken by mediocre punches.

So yes, I think Pacquiao would certainly give Mayweather problems and if he used the same movement he did against Marquez without the reckless lunging in head first, chin exposed he would of course give Mayweather problems.

I can agree with some of this, but my main issue with this is why do you think floyd has a bad chin? He's been rocked three times in his career from what I have seen of him, two being in the same round very close to each other, and both times he gained composure quickly. Secondly if Floyd has to he will get in the mix of things, I assume he doesn't prefer it, but several times I've seen him throw some caution to the wind and stray away from his usual style. Myself like many others believe that of course manny's straight left will give initial problems to floyd, but he will adjust to is and essentially neutralize it, perhaps even use it against him, like he did to all of his other opponents strengths.
Southpaw1 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #66
markq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm a big instigator of poking fun at PEDcquiao. But, let's face facts here. Many thought it would be an easy task to beat Manny and it rarely happens. Just like Tyson said (I think) once you get hit the fight plan goes out of the window.

Still, I think Floyd is basically a bigger, faster and more defensive fighter than JMM. Floyd is not going to get hit like JMM did in the 5th and 6th. And that's not a knock on JMM, he is after all almost FORTY. Manny becomes more aggressive after getting hit and Floyd's pot shots will frustrate Manny to no end. Manny will predictably force the fight and Floyd will counter or check hook him just like he did against Hatton.

Floyd is just the wrong style for Manny. Manny has a puncher's chance but my advice is to not bet against Floyd on this one. You will not get good odds anyway. Floyd may, at best, be a 3:2 favorite. Be careful what you wish for Pac fans.

Last edited by markq; 12-11-2012 at 05:26 PM.
markq is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #67
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

Deep in their souls many Pacquiao fans know that this fight is almost a mismatch. Floyd would make this fight to look comical easy. Pac has speed and explosion indeed but Floyd is the master of all boxing skills. Even when he brawls , he does it very smartly.

pull and counter will work all night until Pac would get stopped / tko'd
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #68
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Mayweather is taller, has longer arms, and a faster straight right than Marquez. How could anyone in their right mind think Pac would have a chance? Pac would be completely shredded by Mayweather. All with Mayweather's right hand. If Mayweather actually used his jab it would be even worse. Pac feints with his lead hand low. Pac would just be impaled on a jab if FMJ wasn't smashing him with straight rights.

It is no contest really. Pac knew it which is exactly why he ducked the fight.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #69
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedKills View Post
Marquez' formula is making pacquiao over extend, that takes alot of footwork/movement
Mayweather is fairly flatfooted and at times will come to you(to smother) and just sort of lean back with his shoulder roll, Pacquiao can basically box circles around him
and if Floyd chooses to take out his binoculars and come at pacquiao like he did vs every southpaw bar one(Ortiz) then it further plays into Pacquiao's hands as Floyd is a more squared up target

Watching the latest Pacquiao-Marquez fight convinced me Pacquiao still has what it takes to beat Floyd should they fight
What's funny about this is that people like you don't even believe this type of shit. You just hate PBF so much and love Pac that you really want to believe that it can happen. The truth is that PBF is a technician not only that he's just as fast as Pac and is longer and bigger. He will figure Pac out bust him up and walk him down in the later rounds before stopping him. Pac just isn't in PBF's class and it couldn't be anymore apparant. Pac is tailormade for PBF he would kill him with right hands, which PAc will have no answer for.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #70
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
What's funny about this is that people like you don't even believe this type of shit. You just hate PBF so much and love Pac that you really want to believe that it can happen. The truth is that PBF is a technician not only that he's just as fast as Pac and is longer and bigger. He will figure Pac out bust him up and walk him down in the later rounds before stopping him. Pac just isn't in PBF's class and it couldn't be anymore apparant. Pac is tailormade for PBF he would kill him with right hands, which PAc will have no answer for.
"Mayweather is fairly flatfooted" these kind of people don't want to admit that Floyd masters very well the angles and he doesn't need to sprint into the ring. Its all about efficiency and how u manage your moves to not waste your energy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imwGeX1SRFk[/ame]
flashy k.o is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum