boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #31
tom22709
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetscience54 View Post
i dont think he has bottled it

but.... they may want an easy title... ie vacant title vs african bum
Ofc he hasn't bottled it lol, do u honestly think gbp are gonna let this slide without a proper doctors exam etc, this ain't nothin except for an unfortunate sprain to his ankle.....no matter what all the Khan fans say.
tom22709 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #32
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 500
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom22709 View Post
Ofc he hasn't bottled it lol, do u honestly think gbp are gonna let this slide without a proper doctors exam etc, this ain't nothin except for an unfortunate sprain to his ankle.....no matter what all the Khan fans say.
Gotta call BS here.

I'm not a Khan fan, but I said weeks back that its possible Brook and Hearn may try to duck out of this fight/but not in the image, if that makes sense? So basically, they somehow pull it of but come out with flying colors? Something like that anyway.

I will explain why, I believe they know that this is a disastrous fight if it goes wrong, of course they wont say this, they need to make Brook look good. Chances are Alexander winning, is a strong possibility. Kell doesnt have to get KO'd to come out of this fight worse than he went into it. A lot rides on the fight for Brook, more so than Alexander. Brook is a nobody in the US, and if he lost a decision to Alexander, the US would just say "another UK hype job", and it will be downhill and back to domestic level, UNTIL Hearn can prize a champion over here. Put it this way, Hearn knows that there is perhaps an easier fight out there waiting or in the near future, where it is easier for Brook to win, and maybe on home territory.

Its clear the Hearn brigade want everything their way, even if it is unrealistic, they want any deal in favor of Brook, and all fights in the UK.

They are trying to do the same for Carl Froch, domesticated world champions. Its BS if you ask me, because the big money fights are in the US, and when these come up, they should be willing to go to the US, and not try and look for ways to get the fight here, or back out.

I dont think Kell is ducking this fight, I reckon Kell is raring to go, but IMO, (thats all it is) Eddie Hearn is looking for a way to duck this fight, and nothing would surprise me if this fight doesnt happen, and Brook fights somebody else for a vacated title.
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #33
Check_Hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Gotta call BS here.

I'm not a Khan fan, but I said weeks back that its possible Brook and Hearn may try to duck out of this fight/but not in the image, if that makes sense? So basically, they somehow pull it of but come out with flying colors? Something like that anyway.

I will explain why, I believe they know that this is a disastrous fight if it goes wrong, of course they wont say this, they need to make Brook look good. Chances are Alexander winning, is a strong possibility. Kell doesnt have to get KO'd to come out of this fight worse than he went into it. A lot rides on the fight for Brook, more so than Alexander. Brook is a nobody in the US, and if he lost a decision to Alexander, the US would just say "another UK hype job", and it will be downhill and back to domestic level, UNTIL Hearn can prize a champion over here. Put it this way, Hearn knows that there is perhaps an easier fight out there waiting or in the near future, where it is easier for Brook to win, and maybe on home territory.

Its clear the Hearn brigade want everything their way, even if it is unrealistic, they want any deal in favor of Brook, and all fights in the UK.

They are trying to do the same for Carl Froch, domesticated world champions. Its BS if you ask me, because the big money fights are in the US, and when these come up, they should be willing to go to the US, and not try and look for ways to get the fight here, or back out.

I dont think Kell is ducking this fight, I reckon Kell is raring to go, but IMO, (thats all it is) Eddie Hearn is looking for a way to duck this fight, and nothing would surprise me if this fight doesnt happen, and Brook fights somebody else for a vacated title.
You dont half blabber on about ****e
Check_Hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #34
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 500
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check_Hook View Post
You dont half blabber on about ****e


Maybe I should take to tw@tter then like all the other ?

Nah!

I is on another level, and far to intelligent, and ahead of that zombie cesspit.

Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated check ****.
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #35
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 75
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
The talk in the States is a clear duck by Brook and Al;exander should just move on.Nobody knows who Brook is over here anyways.No loss.
If Devon pulls that ****, it is a blatant duck
BretN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #36
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretN View Post
If Devon pulls that ****, it is a blatant duck
Why should Devon change his plans to suit the untested, unknown challenger who no one gives a **** about?
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #37
Special
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 316
vCash: 1141
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Why should Devon change his plans to suit the untested, unknown challenger who no one gives a **** about?
Not really a change in plans its only a few weeks delay
Special is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #38
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special View Post
Not really a change in plans its only a few weeks delay
But why should he wait?

That's all I'm saying. Considering who Alexander has fought, why would he duck Brook?
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #39
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 75
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Why should Devon change his plans to suit the untested, unknown challenger who no one gives a **** about?
Because his challenger happens to be the mandatory to his title. Why should Devon get a waiver because of a 4 week delay?
BretN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #40
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,479
vCash: 75
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamito_2012 View Post
This is from Eddie:

Eddie Hearn ‏@EddieHearn
Just to let you know we have asked for @SpecialKBrook fight to be put back 3-4 weeks due to an injury. I wanted to flag this up now rather..

Eddie Hearn ‏@EddieHearn
than run the risk of a late pull out and let everyone book non-refundable flights etc. Will provide further news shortly.

****ty news, but nothing they can do with injury apart from let it heal. I think the 3-4 weeks is precautionary in case it takes that long to heal.
So Eddie's actually expecting people to fly out there hey
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #41
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretN View Post
Because his challenger happens to be the mandatory to his title. Why should Devon get a waiver because of a 4 week delay?
But why would it be a duck?

This is what you're failing to explain.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #42
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 960
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

I didn't think this fight would come off when it was announced. Fully expected it to go to purse bids with Hearn putting in a daft offer and Alexander vacating for a "bigger" fight.

If Alexander pulls out cos of waiting 4 weeks then of course its a duck, how could it be anything else.
Marlow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #43
Check_Hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post


Maybe I should take to tw@tter then like all the other ?

Nah!

I is on another level, and far to intelligent, and ahead of that zombie cesspit.

Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated check ****.
Check_Hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #44
Bellewlovechild
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 456
vCash: 75
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstephe4 View Post
How old are you? 10? 11?
U telling me they aint gay ?
Bellewlovechild is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #45
tom22709
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Default Re: Eddie Hearn just said on twitter that they're trying to put the fight back 3-4 we

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Gotta call BS here.

I'm not a Khan fan, but I said weeks back that its possible Brook and Hearn may try to duck out of this fight/but not in the image, if that makes sense? So basically, they somehow pull it of but come out with flying colors? Something like that anyway.

I will explain why, I believe they know that this is a disastrous fight if it goes wrong, of course they wont say this, they need to make Brook look good. Chances are Alexander winning, is a strong possibility. Kell doesnt have to get KO'd to come out of this fight worse than he went into it. A lot rides on the fight for Brook, more so than Alexander. Brook is a nobody in the US, and if he lost a decision to Alexander, the US would just say "another UK hype job", and it will be downhill and back to domestic level, UNTIL Hearn can prize a champion over here. Put it this way, Hearn knows that there is perhaps an easier fight out there waiting or in the near future, where it is easier for Brook to win, and maybe on home territory.

Its clear the Hearn brigade want everything their way, even if it is unrealistic, they want any deal in favor of Brook, and all fights in the UK.

They are trying to do the same for Carl Froch, domesticated world champions. Its BS if you ask me, because the big money fights are in the US, and when these come up, they should be willing to go to the US, and not try and look for ways to get the fight here, or back out.

I dont think Kell is ducking this fight, I reckon Kell is raring to go, but IMO, (thats all it is) Eddie Hearn is looking for a way to duck this fight, and nothing would surprise me if this fight doesnt happen, and Brook fights somebody else for a vacated title.
I kinda see what you're getting at and my initial reaction was that Kell was possibly behind in terms training, meeting goals etc (personally i thought the fight date was too soon anyways)

but golden boy ain't gonna just say "yea sure whenever you're ready" they're gonna want evidence from a specialist which KB and Hearn are gonna have to provide, so surely there's no way he's (hearn) gonna try and swindle his way out as he really won't have a leg to stand on if they can't provide the drs proof
tom22709 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015