Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Dedication
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Why do people seem to reckon Pac will the same fighter upon his return to the ring?

He won't. Sorry that's the hard truth. He's not in his twenties anymore, but thirties.

Once he goes up against somebody with a reasonable amount of power and gets clocked it's game over. I know that's hard to swallow for some.

But this is boxing and it happens. No matter how much you hope that Pac will return to his former glory it won't happen.

Every top fighter KO'd aged over thirty after many years in the game. Never returns to championship level.

Fans asking for a Marquez rematch need to remember what happened to Morales when he fought Pac for a third time. The fight before he got knocked out in the 10th round, the 3rd fight he got knocked out in the 3rd round. It will end quicker for Pac in a fifth against Marquez, I swear it to you.

Pac has no chance of beating Marquez in a fifth fight that's just the way it is.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nay31hvEvrY[/ame]
Dedication is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: Why do people seem to reckon Pac will the same fighter upon his return to the rin

Amen, Pacman has been on the slide for years. Now with a huge dent in his chin, he will be further humiliated no matter what top fighter he is facing.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: Why do people seem to reckon Pac will the same fighter upon his return to the rin

I noticed that the killer instinct was fading as he carried Margarito two years ago.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

Well you may be right but we dont really know.

I know my trainer swears that once you get K.O'd in that fashion you are always susceptible to being K.O'd again and I guess Roy Jones is a prime example of this.

However lets not forget Pac is pretty damn nice offensively so he will need someone fairly intelligent and skilled to exploit the weakness in his chin (if there is even one)

His next fight is going to be mighty interesting and I wouldn't like to see him face Marquez again though that could be trouble, he needs a tune up badly.
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Dedication
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post
Well you may be right but we dont really know.

I know my trainer swears that once you get K.O'd in that fashion you are always susceptible to being K.O'd again and I guess Roy Jones is a prime example of this.

However lets not forget Pac is pretty damn nice offensively so he will need someone fairly intelligent and skilled to exploit the weakness in his chin (if there is even one)

His next fight is going to be mighty interesting and I wouldn't like to see him face Marquez again though that could be trouble, he needs a tune up badly.
Pac needs to fight someone with a low KO ratio next

A Malinaggi-type fighter. Malinaggi would have been perfect but with the war ongoing between Top Rank and Goldenboy there's sadly no chance of that happening.

It's a good thing Bradley is with Top Rank as well. Maybe Pac does possibly have a chance at regaining his belt. Although think I may have spoke to soon because Bradley does have a hell of an overhand right which put Peterson on his arse. So that fight in itself could be risky. Pac doesn't want to be seeing any overhand rights any time soon.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
Dedication
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
I noticed that the killer instinct was fading as he carried Margarito two years ago.
Yes you're right. However strangely enough he seemed to regain it in the 3rd fight with Marquez.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Mike Jones would KO that sucker back into oblivion

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

My boxing history knowledge is crap. Can anybody list great fighters who have made a major comeback once they've been brutally knocked out cold?

Agree with the TS, 5th fight doesn't make much sense for Pac. Even if he beats JMM, people will say he defeated an old, washed up legend who finally showed his age at 40.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
Mr. Sandman
27-2 (21 KO)
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

It seems he hasn't had the same focus on boxing since starting his political career.

Obliterates old drained Oscar, impressively nonetheless
Nearly kills Ricky Hatton
Beats the shit out of Cotto

.......Congress..........

Dominant yet clearly lacking vs Clottey
Should've KOed Margarito
Can't really blame him for the lame Mosley fight because Shane ran like a hoe all night, but unimpressive regardless
Close fight against Marquez that most thought he lost; one where he should've been at a point to put some distance between the two, taking into account JMM's age and moving up in weight
Should've KOed Bradley
Gets his face punched off vs JMM

If he doesn't look like 2009 Pacquiao in his next fight he should just retire.
Mr. Sandman is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #10
tonys333
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Mike Jones would KO that sucker back into oblivion

pac knocks mike jones out hes not even that good an he got a gift in the 1st fight against Jesus Soto Karass
tonys333 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Hope Pac proves me wrong but I agree. Would love to be wrong and he comes back full force, but I just don't see it happening. He's been declining for awhile in my eyes and this will only make it worse. He is not immune to the realities of boxing... you just rarely come back from these type of losses when in your thirties and have had over 60 pto fights.

I was going to make this very thread.

I have never been wrong about when I've said a fighter should retire... taylor after abraham, vargas after castillejo, mayorga after mosley. Fans always tell me I'm wrong at the time but history plays out and the fighter in question never again gets a signature win... and always takes needless punishment on the way out.

Pac is getting close to this area.... id like to see him have two more fights, one against a tune up, and a farewell fight against rios. Would be his last and only shot imo of getting in one last good win.

If he fights marquez again... I think jmm finishes the last significant chapter of pacs career.

Just imo, and I would love to be proven wrong. Pac is a legend... but his time to retire is soon. Imo.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys333 View Post
pac knocks mike jones out hes not even that good an he got a gift in the 1st fight against Jesus Soto Karass
Jones would tap dat azz
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #13
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Father time is undefeated. A warrior like Pac who has been in so many exciting fights will age even faster.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #14
box247
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

You point out some good points. No one knows for sure and history as you say shows that a comeback is a struggle. He has been on the slide but was performing well in the fight. Will he be a little gun shy and be scared to jump in like the past fearing he may get clocked possibly. But he can box Marquez has shown this before, just depends how much that KO has taken out of him and we wont know for sure until he fights. But if you follow history it doesn't look good. But some elite fighters have done it
box247 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Jones would tap dat azz
Mike Jones is a joke! I mean Devon Alexander did what he couldn't do.. Survive Randall Bailey. Also as much leather as he landed on randall bailey, I don't care if the guy has a chin made of grantite, he should of knocked him out!
Nobody has talked about Mike Jones since that loss, and right now I see no reason to even mention his name.

As for pac. I agree he don't need to fight Marquez right now. As somebody else said even if he wins he gets no credit. He shouldn't have fougtht the 4th fight to be honest, but he has Arum as a promoter.. Not a surprise. He does need to take at least a couple of fights against guys whom don't pack that much power, and he needs to work his D now. Bradley seems ok really. Not sure who else at 140 or 147 that is a big enough of a name while taking little risk to get confidence back up.
Primenal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum