boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #376
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 527
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I seem to remember earlier on you said Wlad's physique doesn't matter and that boxing isn't a bodybuilding contest, yet here you are, giving **** to Tua because he was "fat."

You really are a piece of work.
Being fat and over weight is debilitating you authentic ****ing dumbass. DO you enjoy sending post's to me that i barley read and getting repeatedly ignored in the process? You do nothing here except lick the nuts of other posters who also ignore you. You kept digging and you deserve every bit of that.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #377
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 527
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

When were those pictures taken, mid 90s?

I never once said Byrd was better than Lastrarza. I said he was ONE of Rockys career defining wins, as it was one of his most hardest battles.

You have said goodbye you me countless times, stick to it , because ive no interest in making a dummy like you feel more stupid than you already are.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #378
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: March for Revenge
Posts: 6,517
vCash: 137
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Is pushing down on opponents an admirable skill to you? Wlad lunges in head first, chin exposed when he throw a jab. Its very far from excellent.
Whether I think it's admirable or not isn't really of any importance. He uses it well to keep opponents off-balance, and it's an effective tool for him.

Having said that, I was quite alarmed at his connect percentage vs. Haye...a miserable 22%. And it's not like he was winging shots, either.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #379
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yoknapatawpha
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 475
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Tua was the fattest man to ever fight for a world title.
Tony Galento disagrees.
LittleRed is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #380
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 527
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Haye would of almost been the same size as Marciano, as he crouches down at the legs and waist. He went for broke in the last round and gave Wlad some trouble. Marciano would of came at Wlad from round one , would of be just as hard to hit and had an unstopable chin.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #381
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 1551
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Haye would of almost been the same size as Marciano, as he crouches down at the legs and waist. He went for broke in the last round and gave Wlad some trouble. Marciano would of came at Wlad from round one , would of be just as hard to hit and had an unstopable chin.
Except Haye is taller, has much more reach, is faster, is a counterpuncher that can blow your head off too.
dyna is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #382
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 993
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Byrd did nothing at HW.


Yeah, if being the IBF champion is nothing. And remember, Byrd actually fought real heavyweights, unlike Marciano.
rusak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #383
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 527
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDaw2QFC1Qg[/ame]
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #384
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 993
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Irrelevant. Styles make fights, jackass. Marciano's style could trouble Ali if Ali wasn't mobile enough and laid on the ropes too much. Vlad, however, is much stronger and harder-hitting than Ali. Vlad doesn't even need to fight off the back foot against Marciano. Marciano is the runt midget here. There is no reason to believe the runt can handle Vlad's power. Vlad has good hand speed for a big man and he will land.

Marciano literally has a better chance of getting killed in the ring than of winning the fight. He doesn't win a round on the way to getting brutally and hilariously knocked out.
rusak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #385
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A cut above my left nose
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Twenty nine pages in and the pro-Marciano argument is still as feeble and delusional as ever, and reduced primarily it seems to two humourless clowns and their thin scattering of yes men whose level of "debate" is so shockingly poor that not even hardcore Marciano fans are willing to side with them without serious caveats.

I enjoy a long and vigorous debate as much as the next man, but this bloated mess of petty schoolyard insults and attempted one-upmanship isn't it.

Move this thread to the general where it belongs.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #386
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A cut above my left nose
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I totally agree, but I'm probably guilty myself of a few insults here and there.
To be fair, if I were to have engaged in honest debate with either of those two trolls (I reckon you can guess who I'm referring to here) I'd have lost my cool at some point as well.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #387
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 527
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
Twenty nine pages in and the pro-Marciano argument is still as feeble and delusional as ever, and reduced primarily it seems to two humourless clowns and their thin scattering of yes men whose level of "debate" is so shockingly poor that not even hardcore Marciano fans are willing to side with them without serious caveats.

I enjoy a long and vigorous debate as much as the next man, but this bloated mess of petty schoolyard insults and attempted one-upmanship isn't it.

Move this thread to the general where it belongs.
I see, you enter when the debate has done dead like a coward, throw a few insults around like 99% of the pro Wlad brigade, then disappear back down your pitt after you felt you achieved something.
Type out your opinion dum dum, if you even have any. Idiots are the greatest at pointing fingers at people.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #388
HOUDINI
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 1,861
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

First of all Haye is a nobody. Marciano, and you all seem to forget this, was one of the greatest hwt champions ever to live. Rockys best punch was his right hand and he had one punch ko power...all time power. Being able to fight effectively small...in a crouch is the way to beat very tall opponents. Marciano perfected his style and his weave, low crouch made him a tough target to hit cleanly. Walcott felt he could hit Rocky at will going into fight 1 and he found very soon Rocky was not an easy target. Wlad would have an issue hitting the crouching Marciano and to do so he will need to bend down. Once he does so his fragile chin which he does not tuck behind that jab that he drops will be his downfall. First on the button right hand by Marciano would be the beginning of the end. Immediately Wlad will get that I don't want to be here look in his eye and follow up shots end the fight. Marciano kos the glass chinned walking statue in 8 rounds.
HOUDINI is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #389
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 527
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUDINI View Post
First of all Haye is a nobody. Marciano, and you all seem to forget this, was one of the greatest hwt champions ever to live. Rockys best punch was his right hand and he had one punch ko power...all time power. Being able to fight effectively small...in a crouch is the way to beat very tall opponents. Marciano perfected his style and his weave, low crouch made him a tough target to hit cleanly. Walcott felt he could hit Rocky at will going into fight 1 and he found very soon Rocky was not an easy target. Wlad would have an issue hitting the crouching Marciano and to do so he will need to bend down. Once he does so his fragile chin which he does not tuck behind that jab that he drops will be his downfall. First on the button right hand by Marciano would be the beginning of the end. Immediately Wlad will get that I don't want to be here look in his eye and follow up shots end the fight. Marciano kos the glass chinned walking statue in 8 rounds.
Wlad has stamina issues. These guys dont know he consumes extra oxygen due to his muscular build. Marciano has the stamina of 20 Wladimir Klitschkos.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #390
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 13,306
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

I'm still not sure about this match-up.
Marciano by KO, or Wlad on a decision. It's hard to say. It's hard to imagine how well Marciano would be able to deal with Wlad's octopus tactics.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015