Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #31
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163
Default Re: Ring Magazine Subscription Cancellation

Dont order it myself but alright... The rankings are disgusting (GBP owns them...). I'll get news online without it and the only opinion I really care about is my own and the knowledgable boxing fans and writers I know,
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #32
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by locard View Post
Mares, Froch and Vilorias' resume and recent victories shit all over Broner's, why are they nowhere to be seen in the P4P list?

Oh yeah, because they commited the sin of being not american, or not signed to GBP, or a combination of said factors
Mares is GBP and a Mexican-American who was at #10 p4p last week until Giampa took over the ratings and ****ed it all up. Viloria isn't top 10 p4p, Froch is borderline. Giampas an idiot though, how do you skip someone to #5 and put a clown like Guererro in at 10 when the 2 guys you kick out of the top 10 haven't even lost and the recent wins by Guererro and Broner happened weeks before this. If they were gonna be put in there shouldn't it have been the week after their wins? Marinating a few weeks on their victories doesn't suddenly make them better hahaha also has anyone ever debuted at #5 int he rankings? hahaha ****ing hell its hilarious

Last edited by Royal-T-Bag; 12-12-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #33
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
Mares is GBP and a Mexican-American who was at #10 p4p last week until Giampa took over the ratings and ****ed it all up. Viloria isn't top 10 p4p, Froch is borderline. Giampas an idiot though, how do you skip someone to #5 and put a clown like Guererro in at 10 when the 2 guys you kick out of the top 10 haven't even lost and the recent wins by Guererro and Broner happened weeks before this. If they were gonna be put int hjere shouldn't it have been the week after their wins? Marinating a few weeks on their victories doesn't suddenly make them better hahaha also has anyone ever debuted at #5 int he rankings? hahaha ****ing hell its hilarious
Mares is 100% mexican, born in the state of Jalisco, just like Canelo

He's just lived a lot of years in U.S, he doesn't have dual nationality
locard is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #34
SUGAR J
P4P KING
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I've cancelled my subscription, my fav fighter Audrey Harrison is not in the top 67000 p4p...****in disgrace,
SUGAR J is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #35
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
Mares is GBP and a Mexican-American who was at #10 p4p last week until Giampa took over the ratings and ****ed it all up. Viloria isn't top 10 p4p, Froch is borderline. Giampas an idiot though, how do you skip someone to #5 and put a clown like Guererro in at 10 when the 2 guys you kick out of the top 10 haven't even lost and the recent wins by Guererro and Broner happened weeks before this. If they were gonna be put in there shouldn't it have been the week after their wins? Marinating a few weeks on their victories doesn't suddenly make them better hahaha also has anyone ever debuted at #5 int he rankings? hahaha ****ing hell its hilarious
Priceless! A Broner avatar and doesn't accept the fact that Broner should be that high. Atleast you are not a blind fan. Broner and Guerrero don't belong there, simple. GBP should just change it to GBP's P4P top 10! Mares, Froch should be on the list as previously stated. **** GBP, they are the new TR in the making. I'm surprised Canelo is not on that list since GBP wants to hype him up so bad.
str1 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #36
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
He has a special talent of course, and he may well be a top 3 p4p fighter soon, but as of what he has done and who he has beaten now does NOT get him to the list, and anyone who agrees with him being that high ranked; they clearly dont know shit.

This goes for Guerrero too.
Damned straight

Broner might be #9, but I could put both Froch and Alvarez ahead of him. Hell, Austin Trout is creeping.

Broner is probably top 10 to most, but 5 is a stretch.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #37
C.J.
Boxings Own Living Legend
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
Golden Boy has ruined a once proud magazine.Disgraceful.
I'll bet Nat Fleischer is turning in his grave seeing what Oscar & his Brass Boy Promotions have done to the Bible of Boxing
C.J. is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #38
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ending the subscription over 1 ranking? Obviously theres more wrong

i've never subscribed, ive thought about it but never did

my brother had the magazine a yr or 2 before Oscar bought it

he said right away it didnt change much and that Oscar hadnt corrupted it but he said slowly but surely it drifted away from its quality, he unsubscribed within the last yr

he said he thought it turned into more of a kids mag stupid segments added, more big and bigger pictures and less actual writing

what has changed most about the mag? the format? the writers? the quality? is there much of a bias?
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #39
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yes, ring magazine is not what it used to be. internet thing killed it.
bremen is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum