boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
mancat
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 1000
Default After losing to Pac....

Hatton fans made the excuse that he was actually winning the fight up until the KD and the KO. Now, the Pac fans are saying that except for the KD and the KO Pac was dominating Marquez. So ironic!


[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmo9MmAV-2Q[/ame]
mancat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Hatton fans never said such a thing.

And it's a silly comparison, really. One was a completely one-sided demolition job where only one fighter was ever in it, and the other was a competitive 6-round dual where knockdowns were achieved on both sides and the loser was actually doing really well. Aside from the knockdowns, I had Manny on top of things.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 1000
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

I never heard one person say Hatton was winning. Waste of time.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
mancat
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 1000
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Hatton fans never said such a thing.

And it's a silly comparison, really. One was a completely one-sided demolition job where only one fighter was ever in it, and the other was a competitive 6-round dual where knockdowns were achieved on both sides and the loser was actually doing really well. Aside from the knockdowns, I had Manny on top of things.
Indeed they did say that. The comparison is just between rabid fans that refuse to accept reality. Hatton was not looking good at all, but to make themselves feel better, Hatton's fans tried to say he was doing well except for th KO. Specifically, some said that if he could have continued to get close to Pac, Hatton could have worn him down, which is absurd.

Several Pac fans are trying to say that Pac was dominating Marquez, and the KO was a fluke. Others are saying that it took 4 fights for Marquez to figure Pac out. These are straw man arguments. Pac is the power puncher in this rivalry, yet he could never KO Marquez. In the first fight he knocked Marquez down 3 times in the first round but could not finish him.

My point is, both Hatton fans and Pac fans are so blinded by love they create myths to assuage their pain at their hero losing in a brutal fashion.
mancat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney, OZ.
Posts: 8,426
vCash: 1000
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Pacquiao was winning the fight up to that point. Marquez nose was busted open. However, when the action heated up. The wild reckless out of control Pacquiao showed up and the mistakes were there for the taking for Marquez.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 1000
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat View Post
Indeed they did say that. The comparison is just between rabid fans that refuse to accept reality. Hatton was not looking good at all, but to make themselves feel better, Hatton's fans tried to say he was doing well except for th KO. Specifically, some said that if he could have continued to get close to Pac, Hatton could have worn him down, which is absurd.

Several Pac fans are trying to say that Pac was dominating Marquez, and the KO was a fluke. Others are saying that it took 4 fights for Marquez to figure Pac out. These are straw man arguments. Pac is the power puncher in this rivalry, yet he could never KO Marquez. In the first fight he knocked Marquez down 3 times in the first round but could not finish him.

My point is, both Hatton fans and Pac fans are so blinded by love they create myths to assuage their pain at their hero losing in a brutal fashion.
Bell-end
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
mancat
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 1000
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPO23 View Post
Pacquiao was winning the fight up to that point. Marquez nose was busted open. However, when the action. The wild reckless out of control Pacquiao showed up and the mistakes was there for the taking for Marquez.
And Hatton was wild and reckless as well. Pac got "Hattoned" by Marquez not because of his mistakes, but because of Marquez's execution and strategy.

I mean, did Pac beat Hatton because of Hatton's mistakes? Or because of Pac's greatness?
mancat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #8
mancat
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 1000
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattons Hook View Post
Bell-end
Not familiar with the term. Could you enlighten me? Thanks.
mancat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #9
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,546
vCash: 75
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Gay thread
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #10
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 1000
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat View Post
Not familiar with the term. Could you enlighten me? Thanks.

It's an insult.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #11
mancat
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 1000
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
Gay thread
Pac fan speaking.
mancat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #12
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney, OZ.
Posts: 8,426
vCash: 1000
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat View Post
And Hatton was wild and reckless as well. Pac got "Hattoned" by Marquez not because of his mistakes, but because of Marquez's execution and strategy.

I mean, did Pac beat Hatton because of Hatton's mistakes? Or because of Pac's greatness?
Hugton is dead if you take away his inside game.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #13
mancat
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 1000
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattons Hook View Post
It's an insult.
Sorry to open old wounds.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkgRfQ65FNY[/ame]
mancat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #14
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat View Post
Indeed they did say that. The comparison is just between rabid fans that refuse to accept reality. Hatton was not looking good at all, but to make themselves feel better, Hatton's fans tried to say he was doing well except for th KO. Specifically, some said that if he could have continued to get close to Pac, Hatton could have worn him down, which is absurd.

Several Pac fans are trying to say that Pac was dominating Marquez, and the KO was a fluke. Others are saying that it took 4 fights for Marquez to figure Pac out. These are straw man arguments. Pac is the power puncher in this rivalry, yet he could never KO Marquez. In the first fight he knocked Marquez down 3 times in the first round but could not finish him.

My point is, both Hatton fans and Pac fans are so blinded by love they create myths to assuage their pain at their hero losing in a brutal fashion.
Utter *******s, but carry on
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #15
mancat
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 1000
Default Re: After losing to Pac....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Utter *******s, but carry on
Ahhh, the British. I was making a point about Pac fans, and reopened the butt wounds they sustained years ago. Carry on I shall my uptight friend.
mancat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015