Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #181
pngo
#1Contender
ESB Addict

vCash: 600
Default Re: Now who's the leader of their generation: Pacquiao or Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
Lol...the best of his generation? SMFH...just wow! "fighters age different"? No, some fighters actually work on and perfect their craft, hence as their athletic ability begins to deminish they don't get sparked the **** out by 39 year old career LW's, and get written off as "finished" at 33 years old. Clearly he's not what he was made out to be (as many here have said for years), it doesn't mean he's not great...he's just not anything more than a sub elite boxer, who relied on athletic ability and carefully selected opponents to build his brand. I respect his contributions and accomplishments but he's not on Mayweathers level and that's fairly obvious to anyone with one sliver of objectivity.
Don't worry about PHILLA, he's a known Pacquiao nutthugger. I remember him putting Pacquiao on Sugar Ray Leonard's level and giving him a chance to beat him. He tries to look unbiased but he's really a fanboy.
pngo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #182
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Both are good elite fighters, Mayweather is better skilled though

Most of the "GREAT" fighters have tested the limits of their greatness against other fighters that have the capacity to beat them.

Manny tested and he failed, Floyd didn't try.

Unless Floyd tries to test it and passes, I have Manny still above in it.

But IMO, both didn't pass the "GREATNESS" test in my eyes.

I couldn't swallow putting both in the same sentence with the likes of Ali, Frazier, Leonard, Duran, Hearns, etc.

But in this generation, I'd rather put Manny above cause he's more tested (again failed bigtime last fight) against someone who's only an ideal "Great" but was never in the real-deal test. But I'd put Hopkins highly above the two if we're really talking about this generation.
jan_fan is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #183
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
The difference is those guys don't expect to get half the money.

The only reason to fight Pac would be the money, so if that guy moving up wants half the money he can take his business else where.

The only thing Floyd is quilty of is making sure he got the best deal available and controlling his on destiny.
Whenever Floyd's own resume comes into question, THEN it's OK to talk about the money, right?
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #184
SUGAR J
P4P KING
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan_fan View Post
Both are good elite fighters, Mayweather is better skilled though

Most of the "GREAT" fighters have tested the limits of their greatness against other fighters that have the capacity to beat them.

Manny tested and he failed, Floyd didn't try.

Unless Floyd tries to test it and passes, I have Manny still above in it.

But IMO, both didn't pass the "GREATNESS" test in my eyes.

I couldn't swallow putting both in the same sentence with the likes of Ali, Frazier, Leonard, Duran, Hearns, etc.

But in this generation, I'd rather put Manny above cause he's more tested (again failed bigtime last fight) against someone who's only an ideal "Great" but was never in the real-deal test. But I'd put Hopkins highly above the two if we're really talking about this generation.
Floyd didn't try, are you pissed, he has beaten some fantastic fighters. he schooled Marquez the guy who knocked out Pacman at the age of 39....yes 39.
SUGAR J is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #185
PJ
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

They are both ATG but Pacman is better. Better resume and better outings against common opponents. Mayweather's status is based off of speculation that some of his followers attempt to pass off as the truth (i.e. fantasy matchup).
PJ is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #186
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
They are both ATG but Pacman is better. Better resume and better outings against common opponents. Mayweather's status is based off of speculation that some of his followers attempt to pass off as the truth (i.e. fantasy matchup).
Floyd is the best of his generation clearly, when you consider he fought:

Bruseles, Gatti, Mitchell and Judah off a loss (amazing two year stretch of competition) then fighting pretty much 1 time a year for the next six years.

That's a real ATG resume, right there.
janeschicken is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum