Old 12-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #46
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551
Default Re: Andy ruiz jr stopping elijah mccall

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Looks real good. Kids really knows how to place shots.

Obviously Im with the general opinion that he could drop some weight, but I don't think he'd need to go much lower than 240-245.

Someone said he was 256 vs McCall. Yeah, 15 lbs and he'd be slick.

Definitely one to watch. Heaven help the glass chin prospect that signs to fight him....Hint Hint...Wilder, Price, or Szpilka. Glass would be shattering all over the ring.
I really hope Andy fights Wilder soon.
dyna is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #47
J-Rawk

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
What a fat ****.
You talk tough on the internet... but I'd like to see you say this to Andy's face. Magic Man, you are a coward. Guys like you ruin this sport.
J-Rawk is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #48
J-Rawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Bum View Post
Fat ****. What a disgrace to the sport.
Dude, you're the ****ing disgrace. What have you ever done with your life? If you're ever in Vegas let me know and I'll introduce you to Andy so you can look him in the eye and call him a disgrace. I'd love to see that.
J-Rawk is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #49
J-Rawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
I really hope Andy fights Wilder soon.
The odds of Andy fighting Wilder anytime soon are slim to none. Too much beef between Top Rank & Golden Boy.
J-Rawk is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #50
J-Rawk

For all of you that call this kid fat and say that he needs to lose weight... do some research! He turned pro at close to 300lbs and is now fighting at about 255. He's been a chubby kid his whole life. This kid trains his ass off in the gym... he just doesn't have great genes. Who ****ing cares??? He's been kicking ass since he was little! If you were familiar with the boxing scene in Cali or Vegas you'd know the reputation this kid has for laying down serious ass kickings. Why would Top Rank (the greatest promotional company in the world) promote him if he was turning up out of shape for his fights? Btw... Andy Ruiz is the only heavyweight that Top Rank promotes.

Last edited by J-Rawk; 12-13-2012 at 11:27 AM.
J-Rawk is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #51
DREAMCATCHER
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rawk View Post
Maybe if you actually did some research you'd know how much weight Andy has lost in recent years. He didn't turn up fat! He's been a chubby kid his whole life. This kid trains his ass off in the gym... he just doesn't have great genes. Who ****ing cares??? He's been kicking ass since he was little! If you were familiar with the boxing scene in Cali or Vegas you'd know the reputation this kid has for laying down serious ass kickings. Why would Top Rank (the greatest promotional company in the world) promote him if he was turning up out of shape in his fights? Btw... Andy Ruiz is the only heavyweight that Top Rank promotes.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Im still trying to work out what relevance body type has here? Look who's arse he just beat! LOL.

Mcall is clearly not as good as the chubby kid! Hence being muscular means shit really!
DREAMCATCHER is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #52
J-Rawk

Exactly.
J-Rawk is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #53
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Terrible physical shape but there's no denying he is talented. Fast hands, nice combinations.

Will be interesting to see how he copes with a mobile opponent who he has to chase or to see how he copes in the later rounds where his poor conditioning may become a factor.
Brighton bomber is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #54
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
For all of you that call this kid fat and say that he needs to lose weight... do some research! He turned pro at close to 300lbs and is now fighting at about 255. He's been a chubby kid his whole life. This kid trains his ass off in the gym... he just doesn't have great genes. Who ****ing cares??? He's been kicking ass since he was little! If you were familiar with the boxing scene in Cali or Vegas you'd know the reputation this kid has for laying down serious ass kickings. Why would Top Rank (the greatest promotional company in the world) promote him if he was turning up out of shape in his fights? Btw... Andy Ruiz is the only heavyweight that Top Rank promotes.
Do you know him personally? And if so, do you know whether he's trying to lose more weight or is he content at around 250?
Jack is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #55
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighton bomber View Post
Terrible physical shape but there's no denying he is talented. Fast hands, nice combinations.

Will be interesting to see how he copes with a mobile opponent who he has to chase or to see how he copes in the later rounds where his poor conditioning may become a factor.
I watched him a few fights ago on the Donaire/Mathebula undercard and I thought he looked very good in the 8th round of that fight. His handspeed was still there and he didn't looked gassed. Obviously 8 rounds is a lot easier than 12 rounds, but I don't think stamina will be too much of an issue. He hadn't shown any signs of tiring in 8 rounds, so he should be able to do 12 comfortably, I'd think.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #56
J-Rawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighton bomber View Post

Andy doesn't have poor conditioning. He has great conditioning. You don't have to have a beautiful body to have good conditioning.
J-Rawk is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #57
J-Rawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Do you know him personally? And if so, do you know whether he's trying to lose more weight or is he content at around 250?
I see Andy on a daily basis. His best weight is around 255. He fought at close to 240 once and felt weak. Didn't have the same explosiveness.
J-Rawk is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #58
J-Rawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I watched him a few fights ago on the Donaire/Mathebula undercard and I thought he looked very good in the 8th round of that fight. His handspeed was still there and he didn't looked gassed. Obviously 8 rounds is a lot easier than 12 rounds, but I don't think stamina will be too much of an issue. He hadn't shown any signs of tiring in 8 rounds, so he should be able to do 12 comfortably, I'd think.
And in this fight he scored the tko in the final round. Do guys that are out of shape typically score final round tko's?
J-Rawk is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #59
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Quote:
Andy doesn't have poor conditioning. He has great conditioning. You don't have to have a beautiful body to have good conditioning.
Yeah when you are fighting cans.

Imagine how ****ed he would be against Vitali, if he stays that fat.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #60
J-Rawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRIGAN View Post
Yeah when you are fighting cans.

Imagine how ****ed he would be against Vitali, if he stays that fat.
Why are you even talking about him and Klitschko? The kid is 23 years old and has 17 pro fights. He's still learning his trade and working his way up. Btw... you remember a kid by the name of Juan Diaz? Maybe you don't know him. Anyway, he didn't have the best body either, but he became a champ and was known for his conditioning & ability to throw numerous punches throughout the course of a 12 round fight. Again, you don't have to have a beautiful body to have good conditioning.
J-Rawk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum